Cristiano Ronaldo

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
He is our answer to Ronaldinho and Robinho.

He is definitely not receiving enough praise from United supporters at this moment (and some "supports" even accuse him as a diver!). IMO, we should be glad that he is our team member rather than our opponent.

Number7

Ret's Slave
He's brilliant.

Hopefully he spends the rest of his career here...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I appreciate him, there are very few players in the premiership who can turn games like him. Not just through his crosses and all, but just his presence, his pace, tricks, it makes a huge difference.. because hes always trying to do something positive. When i look at someone like robben although hes matured faster he will probabily never be as explosive as ronaldo is.. Ronaldo is all action, and he always goes for it.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
uranushk1 said:

He is definitely not receiving enough praise from United supporters at this moment (and some "supports" even accuse him as a diver!). IMO, we should be glad that he is our team member rather than our opponent.
He's not getting enough support from some quarters.

While I agree that Ronaldo should clean up his act, it's irritating to see the finger-pointing from the holier-than-thou brigade.

Divine

Amen to everything in this thread.
We've got one of the brightest young stars in the world, and yet he recieves criticism after just about every match. Sure, he's got things to work on, but he's still a kid and it annoys me that he's not given any leeway from many on here.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
World player of the year in one or two years.

100 % agreed

Mithun

Holds even more bizarre beliefs than Kemo
considering in terms of interplay ronaldo gets little help from the utd team--he does well for himself. Often Ronaldo collects a pass deep and is expected to take on players and create play all by himself.

Now if the team could combine to create openings down the centre and flanks for ronaldo to latch onto more penetrative passes! This is the way he plays for Portugal, team-mates play the ball around in midfield and then unleash him (thier ball possession is superb in midfield).

As has been stated--often Ronaldo is the one who makes something out of nothing, and he is always positive in his play and adds dynamism to our play. Keane, Scholes, Fletcher are all too static and lack pace.

And ronaldo does get chopped alot, however referees don't take his speed and skill into account and decide to allow fouls on him.Most of the time rivals bring him down purely as they cannot stop him or catch him up and referees have to take note.

tengy

Say it loud, I'm out and I'm proud. I'm a bigotte
he's not a star, he's a sun

Feedingseagulls

I agree that CR is felt by some to dive much more than he actually does (or 'goes down easily' if you insist). The problem is that he has been successfully LABELLED as a diver (the slung mud has stuck) - this means that many times when he is indeed fouled we get no freekick. Calling upon him to try to reverse the impression so that refs are more likely to blow for the fouls may seem sensible - the problem is that first impressions will probably stay.

MY first impressions were watching him (in I think his debut game) when opposing fans were screaming 'dive' etc. as he was getting hacked halfway up his leg. It seemed as if they thought anyone doing fancy tricks just must be diving all the time - and of course their team would never dream of fouling him to teach him a lesson...

ricardinho

good thread nice to see some apreciation for ronaldo in here cause sometimes it seems that he plays for arsenal or liverpool the way some people talk in here.

RedPhil1957

ricardinho said:
good thread nice to see some apreciation for ronaldo in here cause sometimes it seems that he plays for arsenal or liverpool the way some people talk in here.

most of us love his skills and just glad he plays for us but there are always some muppets

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Already a fantastic player and unbelievable potential, people talk about united not playing well without a certain player and for me when Ronaldo isn't playing we really don't look like creating much at all.

Lynott

He has an awful long way to go yet. He's extremely wasteful. He needs to improve his delivery into the box, his decision making and his shooting.
I think he has had a relatively average start to the season and is a long way behind Rooney in terms of ability.

marcus agrippa

Lynott said:
He has an awful long way to go yet. He's extremely wasteful. He needs to improve his delivery into the box, his decision making and his shooting.
I think he has had a relatively average start to the season and is a long way behind Rooney in terms of ability.
read All 3 United's post for a (correct) rebuttal...

Benisi

All 3 United said:
Already a fantastic player and unbelievable potential, people talk about united not playing well without a certain player and for me when Ronaldo isn't playing we really don't look like creating much at all.
Spot on.

Lynott

He certainly does well to get himself into positions to create and score goals, its just the final ball or shot that lets him down, time after time.
4 assists in the league last year is a poor return.

atomic keane

Lynott said:
He certainly does well to get himself into positions to create and score goals, its just the final ball or shot that lets him down, time after time.
4 assists in the league last year is a poor return.
On that note would you claim he's had a poor or a good start to the season ?
Because he allready has 2 assists and 1 goal in what 4 games ?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Even is his delivery is poor, the thing is his movement takes away 1-2 defenders and creates room for other players, in that respect we always looks more dangerous with him in the side.

marcus agrippa

crappycraperson said:
Even is his delivery is poor, the thing is his movement takes away 1-2 defenders and creates room for other players, in that respect we always looks more dangerous with him in the side.
couldn't agree more....

i remember that a couple of times on Sunday --- especially that one time at the edge of the Newcastle area --- where they had to put two or three men on him...

and i'm sure that no one here needs reminding that it was his cross that gave Ruud a the goal (with an assist from <whatever>berg) against Villa....

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is one of the most talent player around(alongside with ronaldinho). Great athletics too. With him in our team we always looks better.
If he improves on his final ball and decision making. He could be the best player in the world no doubt.

kanchelskis14

Bez said:
Heard of Robinho?
A challenger appears on the horizon.
He's been around for a while to be honest. It's just that we take it that South American football is inferior to ours, when it is not necessarily the case.

Taco10

TheDevil'sOwn said:
There's just not enough appreciation for the lad around here.

He's a star.

Exactly..Ronaldo is becoming a world star and any big teams would want him in a flash.

Fletch getting stick I could understand but Ron... :confused:

red_ninja

I have a feeling that Ronaldo will be a big big player for us this season. He may even (shock horror) steal some of Rooney's thunder ;) You just can't train that kind of skill and enthusiasm into a player, and that's why he will be consistently one of the world's best over the next few seasons. £12M ? Bargain !

Ronnie ! Cut out a little of the nonsense and improve your decisions slightly, and you will be a player without peer..! Woo! I'm chuffed to feckin' bits he's a red devil.

Looking Busy

He'd be an even bigger star if he stayed on his fecking feet. I'm sick of seeing him dive all the time. It will take at least 3 season now for him to get rid of this tag. Fergie needs to sort it out, the way he did with Ruud