Criteria Draft Round 1 : rpitroda vs. EDogen

Who will win the match based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
While Nedved's got a higher peak than Beckham, Petrescu is a couple of levels above Clichy in the full-back stakes.
Whilst that may or may not be true (and I don't quite agree with you), it is important to note the differing impact Nedved and Beckham have and their style of play. Beckham works to get space to cross. Nedved on the other hand is more direct and more threatening if he beats his man on the wing. Therefore that's why I think Nedved has the bigger impact because he can do so much more than Beckham after he beats his man. He can cut in, pass, cross, shoot. Beckham on the other hand is more likely to cross it than not, and don't get me wrong he is probably the best crosser ever, but this very niche style of play IMO hampers how much damage he will do.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think it's worth mentioning that Ferdinand is really good at bringing the ball out. He can have some influence in this regard, and assist Guardiola in dictating the play to an extent.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Trippy's side is bound to exert its dominance and control on this game. I like EDogen's side, and it could well win the game if they get the breaks, but I think the greater control without sacrificing cutting edge will tilt it trippy's way. Going forward he will be effective and can easily turn over that defence. In fact, I think it is only in central midfield that Edogen has him beat as far as individual battles go, but a trio somewhat makes up for that.

NoPace

Trippy's side is bound to exert its dominance and control on this game. I like EDogen's side, and it could well win the game if they get the breaks, but I think the greater control without sacrificing cutting edge will tilt it trippy's way. Going forward he will be effective and can easily turn over that defence. In fact, I think it is only in central midfield that Edogen has him beat as far as individual battles go, but a trio somewhat makes up for that.
I agreed, but i think they did sort of sacrifice cutting edge. Trippy has a good all-around but not lethal 9 in Kluivert, then 4 attacking players of whom only Overmars ever hit double-digit goals in a league better than the Portuguese one. Good width and clever players all of them individually, but there is a lack of goalscoring in his team.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I agreed, but i think they did sort of sacrifice cutting edge. Trippy has a good all-around but not lethal 9 in Kluivert, then 4 attacking players of whom only Overmars ever hit double-digit goals in a league better than the Portuguese one. Good width and clever players all of them individually, but there is a lack of goalscoring in his team.
Aye, I just can't see Trippy's team exerting enough of a stranglehold on the game to stop Edogen outscoring him. That Utd '99 midfield was very, very tough to shut out of a game completely, and I don't think Bale in for Giggs would change that too drastically. I see it being fairly nip and tuck in terms of possession and territorial dominance, with Edogen possessing a significantly greater cutting edge.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Aye, I just can't see Trippy's team exerting enough of a stranglehold on the game to stop Edogen outscoring him. That Utd '99 midfield was very, very tough to shut out of a game completely, and I don't think Bale in for Giggs would change that too drastically. I see it being fairly nip and tuck in terms of possession and territorial dominance, with Edogen possessing a significantly greater cutting edge.
There's more goalscoring in Edogen's side, agreed. I do far prefer Rio-Gamarra over Gallas-Carvalho though and I do think that midfield trio + Nedved can shut down the midfield well enough despite there not being a dedicated holding midfielder. It's fair to say trippy won't be free-scoring, but I can see him winning it 2-1.

It could go either way though, as said, a little more luck for either side and it changes the outcome.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
There's more goalscoring in Edogen's side, agreed. I do far prefer Rio-Gamarra over Gallas-Carvalho though and I do think that midfield trio + Nedved can shut down the midfield well enough despite there not being a dedicated holding midfielder. It's fair to say trippy won't be free-scoring, but I can see him winning it 2-1.

It could go either way though, as said, a little more luck for either side and it changes the outcome.
This might be bias creeping in, but I don't really see anyone shutting down that Utd '99 midfield. They're not impregnable, not at all, but they're good enough to go toe to toe with most teams. I've came around about the Raul/Weah partnership too, as I can't actually think of anything to justify my misgivings about it! I agree that Trippy's got the better centre halves, but they've got so much more to deal with, plus they have to cover the leakiest full back on the pitch. Clichy/Nedved vs Petrescu/Beckham is an interesting battle that I see Edogen winning...Becks didn't need much time to work with, and he could do it from very deep in the pitch.