Crystal Palace vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Decent win in the end. Our play wasn't that great and was fairly slow, but it looked like we actually considered going down the middle for once, which can only be viewed as a positive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This to me is probably our best all around game in the league this season. Good win, complete control, quick passing, good amount of chances and good defending. Nobody played poorly either. Well done,keep it going now.

Important to pick up a run and not revert back to the previous tactics in the next game. We have a direct replacement for mata in kagawa waiting, but I doubt he'll play.

Gannicus

The talent is there but we're still a little short on athleticism and movement off the ball.

Today it was all about getting the win. Better play will come if our midfielders can play a little less conservatively as well as make daring runs into the last third.

Infra-red

I thought that was decent. We controlled the game well, especially Carrick, who only completed 4 passes fewer than Kroos managed in his dominant performance vs 10-man arsenal.

DevilRed

Good solid performance and a step in the right direction. Good to see both our strikers get on the scoresheet and it should raise their confidence in time for the Champions League.

Controlled the game from start to finish pretty much and managed to breakdown an organized crystal palace side. A performance that was straight out of last seasons book, which isn't a bad thing!

Love seeing that Mata has fit into this team seamlessly. Seems like he has been playing here for years! Will only get better when he builds more of an understanding with Rooney and RVP. Our tried and trusted centreback pairing of Vidic and Rio were excellent today. Turning back the hands of time and giving away nothing (although it was a poor palace side). Hopefully we can build on these 3 points and at least make a run at the last CL spot.

bugmat

Didn't think Giggs needed t come on when we have Kagawa, but Moyes seems determined to frustrate him into requesting a transfer. Wasn't a great performance but we looked solid in the back bar a few moments and that enabled us to get a few moments in attack to turn the game...

Fellaini was good and so was Mata 2nd half. Rooney was OK..RvP invisible bar the penalty and a shot off the bar. Adnan ineffective. Evra was decent on both sides for once too. Smalling ineffective attacking.

Infra-red

Michael Carrick completed 135 passes against Crystal Palace, more than any other player in a single PL game this season.

Giggsforever

Smallings had the first touch of a sex offender tonight
With Mata going so much inside, we really need Rafael as a full back. It will be very important for our game. You could see we lacked a bit confidence, but it got better after the goal. The confidence we get from this will get us better determination in the final third and better movement.

Jaapster

This to me is probably our best all around game in the league this season. Good win, complete control, quick passing, good amount of chances and good defending. Nobody played poorly either. Well done,keep it going now.

Important to pick up a run and not revert back to the previous tactics in the next game. We have a direct replacement for mata in kagawa waiting, but I doubt he'll play.
Yep agreed , that performance was needed , if we were top of the league that performance would have been accepted as job done , small steps I know but hey ho .

ricky-romeo

a good performance. fellaini was good, evra obviously heavily influential for both goals, vidic and rio used their experience for another clean sheet, rooeny the 300k man got a screamer as well.

away games are always going to be tough. 3 points and a good job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.