Crystal Palace vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Meaningless game. Better to come 8th than 5th. Play the U21s and concentrate on the CL game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd definitely be tempted to play just one of RVP or Rooney in this game, then play the other against Olympiakos.

buckooo1978

I'd give Kagawa a game in this ....

Play a strong team as we need to get things clicking

Would love to see Nani get fit and play a part in the run in

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Please Moyes, build on the Arsenal game. Please. Hoping for a comfortable win, with more than a couple of goals. Expecting a low scoring draw.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'd just like to be able to read the forums for two hours after our inevitable loss or draw. Aren't opposition fans used to seeing us screw up by now?

devil in me

I predict the most boring game of our season so far. Its not important for us now anyway, so would like to see a couple of fringe/young players get a game - Hernandez and Varela (can't see it tbf), Januzaj too. Maybe rest RVP and play Mata in his favourite position behind Rooney (who needs to be playing to maintain his fitness).

Glanville95

So, what's the consensus? I think we'll win, but it'l mean absolutely nothing in the long run. Just hope we opt for a team capable of playing fluid footballing opposed to Valencia and Young. Mata's a given seeing as we play Olympiakos midweek and in turn that might mean we use Kagawa for the CL game and not this.

Agree with others saying we should play one of Rooney and van Persie. Then have Mata in behind, Januzaj and hopefully Kagawa. On another front, hope we see Smalling get an extended run of games at centre back, our best centre back now IMO.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I predict the most boring game of our season so far. Its not important for us now anyway, so would like to see a couple of fringe/young players get a game - Hernandez and Varela (can't see it tbf), Januzaj too. Maybe rest RVP and play Mata in his favourite position behind Rooney (who needs to be playing to maintain his fitness).
I don't think Moyes is going to openly admit defeat in achieving top four. He'd be ripped a new one if he played the kids and failed to get a result.

devil in me

I don't think Moyes is going to openly admit defeat in achieving top four. He'd be ripped a new one if he played the kids and failed to get a result.
True, and I don't expect to see the kids...its just something that I would like to see, and probably many others would like it too. Although I do think that Varela should be given a chance ahead of Smalling at RB, no matter what the circumstance.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The league games from now to the end of the season will make painful viewing (more so than usual, I mean...).

With nothing to play for, I don't think many of the players are going to go full throttle with a World Cup a few months away.

With that said, I can see us squeaking a win here. The break might have helped the players.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
After a trip out to Dubai the bastards better go to Palace and win, win well and not concede stupid goals.

Shark

@NotShark
We'll probably lose this 1-0 in the last minute or something, from an absolute screamer from a player that's never scored a goal in his career. How long since we've lost to Palace anyway? I'm aware that we lost to them in the league cup a little while ago alright.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I'd give Kagawa a game in this ....

Play a strong team as we need to get things clicking

Would love to see Nani get fit and play a part in the run in
These two contradict each other.

Nani is probably one of the players to be moving on in the summer so I think you need to play teams with the future in mind.

I would say Januzaj, with Mata and Rooney behind RVP.

buckooo1978

Nani is probably one of the players to be moving on in the summer so I think you need to play teams with the future in mind.

I'm not sure, Nani has barely been fit but he offers something a bit different - his unpredictability which can be frustrating at times is something we've missed - we''ve been very predictable in attack at times

He adds pace - they are not slow but RVP, Rooney, Mata , Kagawa and Januzaj aren't lightening quick

I think Nani could add some balance to our attack

Shark

@NotShark

No he's not, he signed a new five year contract and has been riddled with injuries this season.

Adebesi

No way should we be messing about picking kids or fringe players for this game, or any other until we have worked out what our best team is and how we can get the best out of all our attacking players. We need to keep playing like we have everything to play for.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No way should we be messing about picking kids or fringe players for this game, or any other until we have worked out what our best team is and how we can get the best out of all our attacking players. We need to keep playing like we have everything to play for.
And we will, of course. As far as the manager is concerned, this team still has everything to play for. His career at United, for starters.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Is Nani even close to returning?
I'd pick a strong team, we should hopefully be able to put a few past Palace, then bring players off later on. The players have had a chance to get a little break to focus on the rest of the season.

I don't get people saying we have nothing to play for, finish as high as we can so we can get into Europe next season. As well as showing some pride.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
No he's not, he signed a new five year contract and has been riddled with injuries this season.
Nani just signed a new contract - unlikely that he is off in the summer
More than likely to ensure a better price. Nani will be behind in the pecking order anyway, Januzaj Mata and Valencia or Kagawa first.

pauldyson1uk

Meaningless game. Better to come 8th than 5th. Play the U21s and concentrate on the CL game.
With respect this is bollocks, there is still European football to play for next season, there is no meaningless games until it is impossible to get in to Europe next season.
Also playing a weakened team would be showing disrespect to the team that are in with a chance of the PL.
I am being realistic and think we have only a slim chance of winning the CL.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
De Gea
Rafael---Smalling---Jones---Evra
Fletcher---Cleverley
Januzaj---Mata---Kagawa
Rooney
I agree with mixing-up the team for this one prioritising one of our final Champions League games over this, though none of the players should require a rest after the time off in Dubai (or indeed with the effort displayed all season).

Assuming the likes of Nani remain injured, then I'd be happy sending out that front four. If Rafael is not available then I put Rio in for either Smalling or Jones with them moving to right-back. I'm tempted to have Fellaini in midfield or Giggs in the attack for the simple reason that I don't want them involved in the next match (or Rio either).

Please Christ do not approach a team managed by Pulis with a policy of crossing the fecking ball in all the time - but then that would be as silly as using that approach against Stoke or Fulham without any variation, so no problem there then :wenger:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
With respect this is bollocks, there is still European football to play for next season, there is no meaningless games until it is impossible to get in to Europe next season.
Also playing a weakened team would be showing disrespect to the team that are in with a chance of the PL.
I am being realistic and think we have only a slim chance of winning the CL.
You're assuming it'd be good to be in the EL.

It wouldn't be. The Europa League is poison.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No chance we'll win this game, best I can see is a draw, probably be a 2-1 defeat though

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Confident of a win here. We'll build on the Arsenal "result", and if Rooney signs a contract before then, then I'm sure it'll give us a boost.

Shimo

Going to miss most of this one .... and I bet it's where we finally play Mata, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.