Curious Case of Coutinho...

youmeletsfly

120mil for a player who will be 28 next summer would be a risky deal.
So basically you're saying that 120 mil for a 27 year old is a risky deal?
Give me an example of a deal that's not risky based on your assessment of age. I'm prepared to bet that you'd snap Dortmund's hand off for a 120mil Sancho and you'd not consider it a risky deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He just doesn’t fit anywhere. No big team in Europe has the space through the middle to allow him to occupy the positions he wants to occasionally pull off a worldie. And he’s not worth the hassle of having a squad option unless you get him on loan like Bayern did.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hmm, I'm still not sure he's entirely happy or that his dream has been fulfilled. He's a fringe player for you guys, isn't he? Hardly the heartbeat of this well-oiled machine you created.

He's a Brazilian who wanted to live the good life in Barcelona whilst playing with fellow South Americans. I think the lifestyle and the team was more important to him than the trophies, but he was unable to settle in there. Not sure but I think he was happier at Liverpool when he was playing brilliantly week in and week out, and was revered by our fans.
Nah, if the original post wasn't tongue-in-cheek, my post here certainly was. He surely was happy enough yesterday night, but his future continues to be uncertain and full of questionmarks.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
28 year old multi millionaire, wont three leagues in a row (spain, spain, germany) plus a european cup, spanish cup and german cup, and has played well over a hundred club games and over 30 games for brazil where he has won the copa america

all in all its not been a total disaster since leaving liverpool has it

If hes not in Koemans plans I doubt hes going to have too much trouble finding another club where he will compete for top trophies, keep his place in the brazil team and continue to earn a massive wage

patty123

Hmm, I'm still not sure he's entirely happy or that his dream has been fulfilled. He's a fringe player for you guys, isn't he? Hardly the heartbeat of this well-oiled machine you created.

He's a Brazilian who wanted to live the good life in Barcelona whilst playing with fellow South Americans. I think the lifestyle and the team was more important to him than the trophies, but he was unable to settle in there. Not sure but I think he was happier at Liverpool when he was playing brilliantly week in and week out, and was revered by our fans.
Oh for feck stake you have no proof of any of that horseshit you just wrote, as did he ring you up and say that ?

Look just fact facts and look at where you lot were and the non stop failure of klopp in finals prior to him leaving, also the fact he may not have seen klopp as a good manager, yes he won the league when BM were rebuilding and as soon as they finished he walked out on BD halfway through his contract, like after he got Manz relegated and there lies within the reason he left, not the crap you sprout, but hey you're a dipper so we all know how you lot like to rewrite history.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
all in all its not been a total disaster since leaving liverpool has it
Trophy wise, definitely not. But I doubt he envisioned this scenario when he signed off on his dream move to Barça.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Oh for feck stake you have no proof of any of that horseshit you just wrote, as did he ring you up and say that ? no.

Look just fact facts and look at where you lot were and the non stop failure of klopp in finals prior to him leaving and there lies within the reason he left, not the crap you sprout, but hey you're a dipper so we all know how you lot like to rewrite history.
South Americans wanting a dream move to Barça or Real is a real thing and well-documented. Coutinho was no different. Of course he thought he was more likely to win trophies there than at Liverpool, and he did. But I'll bet he isn't particularly happier in Munich right now than he was at Liverpool, because he wants to be (or wanted to be) successful in Barcelona.

And your message comes across quite aggressively by the way. Maybe having a rough Monday morning, dunno.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Trophy wise, definitely not. But I doubt he envisioned this scenario when he signed off on his dream move to Barça.
He was out injured for 8 games after the restart and its tough to get back into a team, that plays so well. While not starting afterwards he was a sub in every game and played ~2000 minutes. I thought he made great advertisement for himself. In the end of the season he looked fully integrated, content with his role and was always motivated when he got on the pitch. There was no sulking or big ego. Coutinho is never going to be the central player for a top team, but I think he has enough quality to play for a top team.

I don't see why he couldn't go back to Barca and have a good impact for them, if he shows the same dedication and attitude.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He was out injured for 8 games after the restart and its tough to get back into a team, that plays so well. While not starting afterwards he was a sub in every game and played ~2000 minutes. I thought he made great advertisement for himself. In the end of the season he looked fully integrated, content with his role and was always motivated when he got on the pitch. There was no sulking or big ego. Coutinho is never going to be the central player for a top team, but I think he has enough quality to play for a top team.

I don't see why he couldn't go back to Barca and have a good impact for them, if he shows the same dedication and attitude.
Yeah I could see that. He's a great guy imo and indeed not really one to sulk if he doesn't play or anything like that. I haven't watched much of Bayern this season but I rate him higher than both Coman and Gnabry. I think his problem is that he's a bit of a hybrid offensive midfielder who likes to drift outside, but that results in him not being good enough to play as a true attacking midfielder nor a true winger like Coman more is, hence it's difficult to find a spot for him which he excels in, in a traditional 4-3-3. At Liverpool he was listed as a left winger often if I remember correctly, but he just floated around wherever he pleased most of the times.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I doubt he realistically imagined winning three leagues a cl and 2 cups when he was growing up in Brazil
Given where he has come from and what hes achieved financially, and the titles he has won with Bayerm Barca and Brazil I suspect he isnt crying himself to sleep at night

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I doubt he realistically imagined winning three leagues a cl and 2 cups when he was growing up in Brazil
Given where he has come from and what hes achieved financially, and the titles he has won with Bayerm Barca and Brazil I suspect he isnt crying himself to sleep at night
Of course he isn't.

But if you're gonna go that line of thought, you can debunk everything about some players. I doubt Neymar was disappointed last night if he thought about the fact that his chances of becoming a multi-millionaire were <1% when he was born. He didn't think of that though.

patty123

South Americans wanting a dream move to Barça or Real is a real thing and well-documented. Coutinho was no different. Of course he thought he was more likely to win trophies there than at Liverpool, and he did. But I'll bet he isn't particularly happier in Munich right now than he was at Liverpool, because he wants to be (or wanted to be) successful in Barcelona.

And your message comes across quite aggressively by the way. Maybe having a rough Monday morning, dunno.
And yet again you post statements like that to which you have or cannot prove, but that's typical of a pool fan.

As for your last sentence, no I actually quite happy still nearly 2 days later after watching an Irish girl beat the crap (yet again) out of a Belgian copper :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I will take him on loan for an year. Can play anywhere of front 3 behind the striker.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And yet again you post statements like that to which you have or cannot prove, but that's typical of a pool fan.

As for your last sentence, no I actually quite happy still nearly 2 days later after watching an Irish girl beat the crap (yet again) out of a Belgian copper :lol:
Are you 15 years old? Hopefully your post limit is reached soon enough, fecking hell.

patty123

Are you 15 years old? Hopefully your post limit is reached soon enough, fecking hell.
I'll take it your bitter cause my girl and fellow Irish Katie Taylor beat the hell out of Delfine and kept her titles, its a fecking joke (Harry) Delfine is a police inspector and you're the one accusing people of having a bad morning, maybe you should head over to the pool forum for some love.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'll take it your bitter cause my girl and fellow Irish Katie Taylor beat the hell out of Delfine and kept her titles, its a fecking joke (Harry) Delfine is a police inspector and you're the one accusing people of having a bad morning, maybe you should head over to the pool forum for some love.
Yeah I guess I'm indeed really bitter about an event I didn't even know took place :lol:

Wayne's World

I come in here to say I think there's still a top level footballer in Coutinho. Literally only a confidence issues that he has but he's starting to look better and more comfortable in recent games I have watched him.

I'd absolutely take a chance with him at United, even though his Liverpool links probably squash any sort of deal

croadyman

I come in here to say I think there's still a top level footballer in Coutinho. Literally only a confidence issues that he has but he's starting to look better and more comfortable in recent games I have watched him.

I'd absolutely take a chance with him at United, even though his Liverpool links probably squash any sort of deal
Yeah quite honestly I would take him right now as well,not even bothered about the Liverpool links

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
With rumors emanating that Koeman will purge quite a number of senior players he'll probably keep Coutinho for next season and try to make it work somehow. They'd be moronic to loan him for another year, especially after this Bayern embarrassment.

Lynty

He'll stay at Barca unless someone is going to offer a considerable fee. His biggest problem is, Messi occupies similar space and role within the team - but is so much better

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
he did a great job in rehabilitating how others perceive him during this CL knock out phase.

There is still a motivated and elite level footballer there. I suspect Koeman will be asked to find a place for him within the new Barcelona system.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
He'll stay at Barca unless someone is going to offer a considerable fee. His biggest problem is, Messi occupies similar space and role within the team - but is so much better
Yeah, even with Suarez out the whole Messi-Griezmann-Coutinho tactical conundrum remains, but i couldn't shake the feeling that Valverde didn't even try to solve it and preferred just fielding them within his 4-3-3. Maybe they make it work if they get a chance to gel for an entire season.

eire-red

I just can't wrap my head around Barcelona at the minute, and Coutinho is a prime example. He's been a fringe player at Bayern, but that often happens with loan deals. Who are you gonna play, younger players like Gnabry and Coman who actually have a contract with you, vs Coutinho on loan who may be gone next season.

Now look at Barcelona, I can't fathom how Vidal is in that team ahead of Coutinho. And then Pjanic incoming, and Artur heading the other way? A midfield trio of De Jong, Artur and Coutinho, doesn't sound to bad does it. Rakitic and Busquetes as experienced squad options. Certainly would add some much needed energy and hunger you'd have to think.

Seems like someone is pulling all the wrong strings at that club. Coutinho is a quality player, given the chance and I'd back him to do well in any team. Certainly ahead of Vidal, who's a liability more often than not.

He'sRaldo

He just won a treble, he'll be very happy with that.