Curtis Jones...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Feel like his development has gone somewhat under the radar this season, but he’s still very young and is quietly establishing himself as a key part of Liverpool’s midfield. Just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago, and is getting better and better.

One of the few highlights in Liverpool’s season so far, and in an area where they aren’t as strong as others.

Classical Mechanic

I don't know if he's a key player for them. He's doing well for his age but needs to expand his game. His ball retention skills were important against a hard pressing side like RBL last night though.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Can't score, can't assist,can't create. But he can run around a lot. Perfect for a Klopp CM.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Whenever I watched Liverpool, he was sort of mixed bag. Impressive in few moments and then almost nothing sort of player. He looks good technically though, can retain the ball well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know if he's a key player for them. He's doing well for his age but needs to expand his game. His ball retention skills were important against a hard pressing side like RBL last night though.
I'll echo these sentiments. It's a push to say he's becoming a key player for them, he'll be back on the bench when their CBs and midfielders are in their correct positions. He's very good for his age though.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's good - very comfortable on the ball. He reminds me of Gini in some respects, hard to dispossess, dribbles well, but doesn't really hurt the opposition in terms of G&A.*

*Fully aware that Gini for a midfielder has historically chipped in with his fair share of goals (maybe less so assists).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he'll be part of the England squad this summer, seems to have something a bit different than what we usually have.

Think a team of Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Rice, Foden, Jones, Sterling, Kane, Sancho could be very interesting.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I saw him in a cup game for them last season and you could tell he was the pick of the bunch, though I think there was another youth player getting all the plaudits. Does look a good player, if he adds another facet or two to his game (assists, goals, defensive work) then he could be a top player.

Judas

Open to offers
Works well under Klopp, for what he needs. But I'm not entirely sure how great he is a player, or if he just fits the system very well. But he's clearly got age on his side, so it's hard to judge right now.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's surprising he has so few shots on target. Though right footed he has shots from distance in his locker with both feet. He's more like Ox than Gini with his shooting, thank God! Just seems hesitant to try it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can't score, can't assist,can't create. But he can run around a lot. Perfect for a Klopp CM.
Not everything on the pitch needs to be statistically analysed tbh. And he’s also young enough that he will probably increase his output over time.

But in the centre of the midfield, you need players who are comfortable on the ball that can keep the team moving from one part of the pitch to the next while retaining possession. Jones looks to have those capabilities.

Your summary of his game could just as easily be applied to Luka Modric.

Bwuk

Not everything on the pitch needs to be statistically analysed tbh. And he’s also young enough that he will probably increase his output over time.

But in the centre of the midfield, you need players who are comfortable on the ball that can keep the team moving from one part of the pitch to the next while retaining possession. Jones looks to have those capabilities.

Your summary of his game could just as easily be applied to Luka Modric.
So did Tom Cleverley.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Think he'll be part of the England squad this summer, seems to have something a bit different than what we usually have.

Think a team of Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Rice, Foden, Jones, Sterling, Kane, Sancho could be very interesting.
No TAA, Grealish, Rashford in your preferred starting XI? Think that team misses a bit of experience (what e.g. Henderson could offer instead of someone like Foden or Jones as a starting player).

Adam-Utd

No TAA, Grealish, Rashford in your preferred starting XI? Think that team misses a bit of experience (what e.g. Henderson could offer instead of someone like Foden or Jones as a starting player).
TAA is too weak defensively, his form seems to be picking up recently but i'm never convinced by him defending. Rashford is in poor form right now and I think Sterling's experience gives him the edge over Grealish.

To be fair though England have some great options right now, Mount, Grealish, Rashford, Henderson all could be swapped in without much fuss.

I just like the idea of having 2 mobile CM's who can carry the ball but also work hard, feeding the forwards.

Realistically Foden could also play RW and put Henderson in midfield for some extra steel.

I'd expect Southgates team to be quite different to what I picked, I think Rice/Henderson/Mount will be the first choice midfield, depends what formation he wants to play also.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
TAA is too weak defensively, his form seems to be picking up recently but i'm never convinced by him defending. Rashford is in poor form right now and I think Sterling's experience gives him the edge over Grealish.

To be fair though England have some great options right now, Mount, Grealish, Rashford, Henderson all could be swapped in without much fuss.

I just like the idea of having 2 mobile CM's who can carry the ball but also work hard, feeding the forwards.

Realistically Foden could also play RW and put Henderson in midfield for some extra steel.

I'd expect Southgates team to be quite different to what I picked, I think Rice/Henderson/Mount will be the first choice midfield, depends what formation he wants to play also.
Fair points. You definitely have an intriguing team going into the Euros - could be anything from a group stage exit to winning the thing, but I guess that's often the case for England :D

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

People have been putting Sancho ahead of Rashford in England XIs for more than a year now because he plays in Germany and that excites them. Absolutely no reason he should be ahead. Yea, he’s worth 100m or whatever, but Rashford is bot on the market - otherwise he’d easily be worth more. He got 20 goals in Germany last season - Rashford got 20 here. Then there’s the fact that he’s never had a good game for England, whereas Rashford’s England record is very good.

If I’m Rashford, I’d be extremely unhappy if Sancho starts ahead of me.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Averaging a goal or assist roughly every 3 games across all his PL + CL minutes so far. Not too bad, especially for a 20 year old in a system that doesn't call for much end product from the CM's.

Adam-Utd

People have been putting Sancho ahead of Rashford in England XIs for more than a year now because he plays in Germany and that excites them. Absolutely no reason he should be ahead. Yea, he’s worth 100m or whatever, but Rashford is bot on the market - otherwise he’d easily be worth more. He got 20 goals in Germany last season - Rashford got 20 here. Then there’s the fact that he’s never had a good game for England, whereas Rashford’s England record is very good.

I'd have Sancho on the right and Sterling on the left.

Sterling is the better player right now and Rashford a better impact option IMO.

RooneyLegend

He's a great talent that won't take too long to be a great player. Much more talented than the non Thiago midfielders that they have.

Classical Mechanic

He won’t. I think Southgate prefers Sterling, Rashford, Grealish, Mount and Foden to Sancho for those two wide positions. I suspect Saka will be in the mix too with his form in the right inside forward position for Arsenal recently too.

dbs235

Press resistant which helped Liverpool a lot last night against Leipzig.

MU655

No Grealish? That would be a big call considering the season he has had. I'd probably lean towards having Grealish take Sancho's place in this instance. Foden could go on the right with Grealish in AM.

Unfortunately, it won't happen with Southgate, though. He doesn't seem to like playing with AMs.

Jones could have a chance, though. It is not like we are stacked in that position, but Southgate does seem to like his two DM setup.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool