Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think you've misconstrued my post. I really don't care that people don't like this game. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Wicher for example. I was simply pointing out to one poster that they can't really complain about the side missions being samey if they approach those missions in the same manner everytime.

What does piss me off is the posters that clearly haven't played it yet piling in and making outrageous claims (FFS some people are saying EA are a lesser evil in the industry off the back of this launch). It is overlooked massively (to suit agendas, no doubt) that The Witcher wasn't some shining beacon of hope make it's out to be now. It had a iffy launch (miles better than CP) but it was the post release TLC from the devs that got it placed in the GOAT conversations.

People need perspective. Could CP have done with another 6-12 months in development? Undoubtedly. Are the bugs game breaking? No. Will they affect your enjoyment? Depends on an individual's preferences, you and I seem happy enough with the product in it's current state, many others aren't.

I honestly can't wait to see what it's like this time next year.
I get that. My point was that there are layers.

For me the bugs haven't bothered me, what's bothered me most is what the game could and should have been. And not because of expectations, read my posts in here before release I expected pretty much this (though not with the furore of course!), but because they were clearly aiming for more (they told us this all along) and yet here we are with a clearly rushed release that they've actually had to cut content to get out, and they've not been able to work on the gameplay aspects that clearly need it. As I keep saying, I promise you the guys actually developing the game will be more pissed than any of us.

I 100% agree with your general point about the pile ons from people who haven't played it, but you should also see my point that there's been so much talk about hype (not just you, everyone defending it in here are saying the exact same thing), but it's not about that at all. Sure for some I guess, for for many people I've been talking to about it it is the disappointment more than anything.

I mean we all know and understand now why the game was released like this, it's just a shame that mixed in with all the bugs and stuff that the developers are getting the shit and not the management.

Redlambs

To be clear I am not approaching every mission the same way. I plan on getting some good game time in again this week and I’ll concentrate on side missions.
Nah, I get your point wasn't that one mission alone.

I feel the same, the dressing is different but the mission flow itself is pretty much the same over and over. At least so far it is.

However, I will say that the characters and writing (the aforementioned dressing) can pull it through at times though. I genuinely laughed out loud at points during the hot crotch guy mission, and all I did was drive him a few hundred metres to a docs :lol:

b82REZ

Nah, I get your point wasn't that one mission alone.

I feel the same, the dressing is different but the mission flow itself is pretty much the same over and over. At least so far it is.

However, I will say that the characters and writing (the aforementioned dressing) can pull it through at times though. I genuinely laughed out loud at points during the hot crotch guy mission, and all I did was drive him a few hundred metres to a docs :lol:
But was any different in the Witcher? The gameplay loop of the side content was repetitive, it was the dressing that made it feel different each time.

The best and worse thing CDPR did was the Bloody Baron quest line (pretty sure it was a side mission).

Redlambs

But was any different in the Witcher? The gameplay loop of the side content was repetitive, it was the dressing that made it feel different each time.

The best and worse thing CDPR did was the Bloody Baron quest line (pretty sure it was a side mission).
No, you are correct. In fact, this game gives more options (the stealth).

However factor in what Leg-End means about the bugs causing havoc at any time and you see what he means. Factor in what I think about those elements of gameplay being too weak (stealth or shooting) and you see what I mean.

The Witcher mostly didn't have either of those problems (it was buggy, but not enough to break a side quest) and whilst the fighting wasn't amazing, it was fun enough to be carried by the excellent characters and writing. Though Cyberpunk isn't terrible at any of those things, it's not always up to the same standard in any of the areas.

So far at least, on that front I'm willing to give it more of a chance.

Stactix

The thing is if you park the bugs to one side and just concentrate on the game as it is, like lambs says it's ok to play and actually decent on the main story line (I'm not that far in, Act 2) but as soon as you deviate from that the quality dip is remarkable.

Basically every single side quest I have come across is go here, shoot people and come back, you know the same old things that have been in games since the dawn of time. That's before you even have to tackle the atrocious vehicles which give no sense of speed, handle like a trifle on wheels and the mini map is so bad you end up missing nearly every single turn.
I'd keep trying side quests, Initially this was my thought and was wondering what reviewers were on about when they were rating the side content.
Last few hours I've stumbled upon some multi leg side quests with reoccuring characters that have been awesome.

Balljy

No, you are correct. In fact, this game gives more options (the stealth).

However factor in what Leg-End means about the bugs causing havoc at any time and you see what he means. Factor in what I think about those elements of gameplay being too weak (stealth or shooting) and you see what I mean.

The Witcher mostly didn't have either of those problems (it was buggy, but not enough to break a side quest) and whilst the fighting wasn't amazing, it was fun enough to be carried by the excellent characters and writing. Though Cyberpunk isn't terrible at any of those things, it's not always up to the same standard in any of the areas.

So far at least, on that front I'm willing to give it more of a chance.

That's so not true about the Witcher 3 side quests. There was bug that completely broke a side quest that took 18 months for the trigger to be fixed. It was outstanding on my missions in-game and I booted it up specifically to complete it after I read it was fixed :lol:

When W3 was originally released loads of side quests were broken, but they fixed most in the first few months.

I agree about the writing though. I'm going to wait and see on that, but the side quest characters haven't quite hit me yet. It could do with a few known characters being in them I think. Having said that a few opened up involving a certain character before I logged out last night so I'll see whey they head.

One thing I have found weird is that I usually take a couple of days to get to know the streets in the main areas in these open world games. I haven't got a clue where I'm going even near the starting area yet and I just can't seem to memorise it at all.

b82REZ

That's so not true about the Witcher 3 side quests. There was bug that completely broke a side quest that took 18 months for the trigger to be fixed. It was outstanding on my missions in-game and I booted it up specifically to complete it after I read it was fixed :lol:

When W3 was originally released loads of side quests were broken, but they fixed most in the first few months.

I agree about the writing though. I'm going to wait and see on that, but the side quest characters haven't quite hit me yet. It could do with a few known characters being in them I think. Having said that a few opened up involving a certain character before I logged out last night so I'll see whey they head.

One thing I have found weird is that I usually take a couple of days to get to know the streets in the main areas in these open world games. I haven't got a clue where I'm going even near the starting area yet and I just can't seem to memorise it at all.
It's because there's so much verticality to the world. I'm running round areas I recognise but couldn't reliably navigate without the map.

I've only just started to get used to looking up while exploring.

Redlambs

Yeah, I meant more the A.I stuff which breaks it. Witcher 3 had some awful shit going on for a long while :lol:

Yeah I think it's more overwhelming in that aspect that any other open world game I've played.

That being said, I avoid the streets if I can so... :lol:

Redlambs

One thing I think we can all agree on, the braindance missions are fecking awful.
I haven't come across one yet, but I've heard they are bad. That's another known aspect they had to strip back and feck with to get released though, it goes perfectly into what I'm saying about the disappointing thing isn't the hype for me, but they simply have so much wasted potential :(

b82REZ

I haven't come across one yet, but I've heard they are bad. That's another known aspect they had to strip back and feck with to get released though, it goes perfectly into what I'm saying about the disappointing thing isn't the hype for me, but they simply have so much wasted potential :(
So far they've only been in story missions but they are fecking tedious. Having to rewind and fast forward scenes through three different filters is a pain, but the arbitrary nature they decide something is a clue ruins it even more. The one i did yesterday all hinged on a fast food wrapper.

Balljy

Yeah, I meant more the A.I stuff which breaks it. Witcher 3 had some awful shit going on for a long while :lol:
Ahhh, yeah. There wasn't so much of that.

That being said, I avoid the streets if I can so... :lol:
I got myself in a situation yesterday where I had to carry something on a side quest. I decided to fall down off the area I was on and then discovered the jump key doesn't work when you are carrying something. I had to walk about a km to get back around to where I was :lol:

Redlambs

I tell you something I'm finding to be trash design (unless I'm missing something, which is probable) are all these doors you can open with high enough stats. 1) it's crap that there's only one way to do them most of the time so it forces you to level things you might not use, and 2) Why do some say force which isn't an actual stat (I assume that means body), and other say technical ability? Do you really need to level both to get through most doors, and if so that's double point 1's shiteness! :lol:

b82REZ

I tell you something I'm finding to be trash design (unless I'm missing something, which is probable) are all these doors you can open with high enough stats. 1) it's crap that there's only one way to do them most of the time so it forces you to level things you might not use, and 2) Why do some say force which isn't an actual stat (I assume that means body), and other say technical ability? Do you really need to level both to get through most doors, and if so that's double point 1's shiteness! :lol:
It is very annoying that some doors are just randomly too difficult for your character to open. I've levelled more into technical than I ever intended just to help open more doors.

Also does anyone know how to get on the roof in Kabuki for the fight?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Ahhh, yeah. There wasn't so much of that.

I got myself in a situation yesterday where I had to carry something on a side quest. I decided to fall down off the area I was on and then discovered the jump key doesn't work when you are carrying something. I had to walk about a km to get back around to where I was :lol:
That sounds a bit like in the Witcher 3 where if you were in thigh high water you couldn't crawl up onto a small ledge because jumping was disabled.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Once they’ve patched the ever living life out of the game, best way to save face would be with Blood and Wine/Hearts of Stone level DLC.

But I’m not entirely sure how that factors in with the proposed Multiplayer too... Does anyone actually want that, really? Might just be me, but massive scale story games like this, and Red Dead 2 just don’t need MP.
I can't see there being anything even approaching Hearts of Stone/Blood & Wine DLC.

The multiplayer is there because they see the infinite waterfall of money Rockstar get from GTA Online and want their own version.

I bet anything that all the coolest cosmetics will be released with multiplayer.

Balljy

It is very annoying that some doors are just randomly too difficult for your character to open. I've levelled more into technical than I ever intended just to help open more doors.

Also does anyone know how to get on the roof in Kabuki for the fight?
It took me ages to find that. Follow the building to the road that runs above you on the left. You have to go onto the road and go across from it to the rooftops across a drain / ledge

Lyricist

This thread honestly reads like the game is barely enjoyable. I'm on a relatively good pc and still say that my overall experience has been good so far, despite the glitches. The main story definitely has you hooked and the world is immersive despite it's state, at least on the graphical settings I'm on (high, not ultra).

I do agree that most of the side quests I've done haven't felt as fleshed out as the great main quest so far. But at the same time I think most of the question mark side quests on the map are probably somewhat like the monster camps in Witcher. I'm still waiting to see whether there'll be more side quests that have a good story line, yes. But if you just went around the map to destroy monster camps in Witcher 3, it'd be by far more repetitive than most of the question mark side quests I've seen in CP2077 so far.

Shark

@NotShark
This thread honestly reads like the game is barely enjoyable. I'm on a relatively good pc and still say that my overall experience has been good so far, despite the glitches.

I do agree that most of the side quests I've done haven't felt as fleshed out as the great main quest so far. But at the same time I think most of the question mark side quests on the map are probably somewhat like the monster camps in Witcher. I'm still waiting to see whether there'll be more side quests that have a good story line, yes. But if you just went around the map to destroy monster camps in Witcher 3, it'd be by far more repetitive than most of the question mark side quests I've seen in CP2077 so far.
On PC also and actually haven't had a single bug nearing act 3, or a crash. Even on a 2060 the game looks great. I completely get how a lot of people may be disappointed, but I really don't understand the bashing of the game in regards to how it compares with Rockstar open world games for instance. That just tells me they didn't do much research into what kind of game they've jumped into.

Bosws87

I do agree that most of the side quests I've done haven't felt as fleshed out as the great main quest so far. But at the same time I think most of the question mark side quests on the map
*Shivers* Skellige

Redlambs

On PC also and actually haven't had a single bug nearing act 3, or a crash. Even on a 2060 the game looks great. I completely get how a lot of people may be disappointed, but I really don't understand the bashing of the game in regards to how it compares with Rockstar open world games for instance. That just tells me they didn't do much research into what kind of game they've jumped into.
I mean, I'm not one of them who give a rats about GTA5, but are you actually suggesting it's wrong to compare like for like?

Are people not allowed to make comparisons at all now?

That seems rather ridiculous to suggest that people can't have enjoyed other open world games and thus that's their basis for comparison. But maybe I'm getting your point wrong?

Redlambs

? No they don't, you can even hide again with some luck and they won't find you.
Yes they do. On the moment of trigger for at least a few minutes, they know where you are. I've tested it quite a lot.

You can run for miles and then hide, you can fudge the ai with a spot they can't reach, or you can access a side mission, but from that initial spot every enemy in a pack, or cops they spawn know where you are and see you through walls for a certain period of time.

Zen

Yeah I dread to imagine playing this on a standard HDD :lol:
Outside of loading times - it'd make very little difference? I never understand the light and day performance difference people oddly seem to sell with SSD.... loading times though :cool:

Stactix

Outside of loading times - it'd make very little difference? I never understand the light and day performance difference people oddly seem to sell with SSD.... loading times though :cool:
Not sure from a gaming perspective but from say an office perspective it's definetly a night and day difference.

Shark

@NotShark
I mean, I'm not one of them who give a rats about GTA5, but are you actually suggesting it's wrong to compare like for like?

Are people not allowed to make comparisons at all now?

That seems rather ridiculous to suggest that people can't have enjoyed other open world games and thus that's their basis for comparison. But maybe I'm getting your point wrong?
Certainly don't believe it's wrong, people can compare it to whatever they want. My point is that while both are indeed open world that doesn't mean they both set out to achieve the same things. So if it's ones main complaint that it's not enough like GTA in terms of how the world operates, maybe it's not for that person rather than the game being some epic fail but obviously it's fair enough to think the entire game and everything it sets out to do is thrash. While one person might be running around the place trying to unlock every door, speak to every NPC and feck around with the cops. Others are getting on with the main and side quests and embracing the open world for what it is and enjoying it. Neither is a wrong way to play the game but at least give the game a chance to show it's better qualities, if it's still awful to you then fair enough. From what I've played so far the main story is really interesting in terms of writing and characters and I'm having a blast, sometimes it even gets me emotionally the way TW3 did. It's really what CDPR do best imo.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I think the way to play this game is to just hop from quest to quest, and kinda avoid the rest of the world as much as possible.

Main story has been great so far. I even find the gigs with cyberpsychosis and gang activity fun, and not repetitive like in some AC games. Side quests are top quality.

It's kinda scary though that the company was so pressured to release a product this buggy. I'm sure the people who has put their all in to it, didn't want to see it launch already. Imagine using that much time on something, only for it to be sh*t on by the whole gaming community, because investors needed results.

Good thing i see is that the game has a lot of potential to grow, if the developers keep grinding at it at least. More interaction with the world, fix general AI, fix bugs, general polishing. I bet it's difficult in such a huge game with many variables, but it should be much better in a years time.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Certainly don't believe it's wrong, people can compare it to whatever they want. My point is that while both are indeed open world that doesn't mean they both set out to achieve the same things. So if it's ones main complaint that it's not enough like GTA in terms of how the world operates, maybe it's not for that person rather than the game being some epic fail but obviously it's fair enough to think the entire game and everything it sets put to do is thrash. While one person might be running around the place trying to unlock every door, speak to every NPC and feck around with the cops. Others are getting on with the main and side quests and embracing the open world for what it is and enjoying it. Neither is a wrong way to play the game but at least give the game a chance to show it's better qualities, if it's still awful to you then fair enough. From what I've played so far the main story is really interesting in terms of writing and characters and I'm having a blast, sometimes it even gets me emotionally the way TW3 did. It's really what CDPR do best imo.
Fair enough, thanks for clarifying mate! And a lot of it makes sense.

However, also bare in mind that there are tangible things that it can be compared on, not just to other open world games but games in general which is what most people are seemingly doing. Or more than that, just what we have come to expect with games not even moving forward, but at least comparable to what's come before. The A.I/NPC spawning are such things. They are worse in this game than any recent open world game, in fact you have to go a fair way back to more like Vice City to find something comparable. That's the real concern here, some elements are not even last gen, and that most definitely can be called out.