Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

VeevaVee

despite the protests, wears Ugg boots
Scout
That was a bad time for me ok I wish you wouldn’t bring it up
:lol: I mean that’s plan b for me. Give me a few years and I might be there too

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
It’s quite surprising they didn’t even manage to get the clothing right. Obviously being a certain character you want the clothing to match, but you quickly end up looking like someone who moved to LA and lost their mind*, just because you want to be wearing the gear with the best stats.

*one of the first things I saw in LA walking down the street was a guy with no top on, sparkly leggings, and a pink cowboy hat ranting and raving in the street.
Crazy how you almost fully described my character

el3mel

I was about to start act 3 today to be surprised that it's the point of no return ? That once I start the first mission in it I'll locked from any side quests till I finish the main story. I was about 21 hours in and did a lot of side quests in this time as well. Whelp, isn't that way too damn short of a main story or am I missing something? That will mean pretty much the majority of the content is the side quests that involve the side characters ?!

caid

I was about to start act 3 today to be surprised that it's the point of no return ? That once I start the first mission in it I'll locked from any side quests till I finish the main story. I was about 21 hours in and did a lot of side quests in this time as well. Whelp, isn't that way too damn short of a main story or am I missing something? That will mean pretty much the majority of the content is the side quests that involve the side characters ?!
Your save reverts to just before starting the mission after completing it. Just stops you doing other stuff while in the last mission. Its probably a 2 hour mission maybe. Some sidequests unlock different routes through the last mission but you can finish it again after doing them.

el3mel

Your save reverts to just before starting the mission after completing it. Just stops you doing other stuff while in the last mission. Its probably a 2 hour mission maybe. Some sidequests unlock different routes through the last mission but you can finish it again after doing them.
I just decided to stop and finish all the side quest lines before approaching it in case they have an affect on the ending like The Witcher 3. Just felt weird that it's that short. I thought it will be 5 acts or something. With this the story can be wrapped up in less than 18 hours if you speed run it !

el3mel

Finished the game today. Total playtime is about 39 hours. About 20 hours from them were side quests or something. Choose the Nomads ending.

Can rate this 6 or so out of 10. Not gonna repeat my problems with the game from the shooting to driving to the mostly non innovative open world. It unfortunately had the potential to be a great game, but for the moment it's just a good one. Shame really.

I have to say the main story was quite entertaining to follow though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

As someone who's stayed away from this due to the bad reviews it's been getting from other people, are bugs like the ones in the video above commonplace? I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 was the most polished and detailed game I've played in a long time but even that game has compilation videos of bugs and glitches on Youtube.

Massive Spanner

Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

As someone who's stayed away from this due to the bad reviews it's been getting from other people, are bugs like the ones in the video above commonplace? I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 was the most polished and detailed game I've played in a long time but even that game has compilation videos of bugs and glitches on Youtube.
Yes. Although I played it on 1.02, not 1.2, but I've heard it's still really bad. You can't really run around the city far without seeing some silly glitches.

The game itself rarely 'broke' for me on PC, though. The odd crash towards the end and I think I had to reload once or twice but that was it.

The biggest problem with the game is that it's not very good and has tonnes of cut content.

evil_geko

Depends, I have over 100 hours in the game, two playthroughs, and only glitches I had was hovering phones and hamburgers, no game breaking glitches or anything else beyond that, that was before these patches, on PC.

Irwin99

Finished the game today. Total playtime is about 39 hours. About 20 hours from them were side quests or something. Choose the Nomads ending.

Can rate this 6 or so out of 10. Not gonna repeat my problems with the game from the shooting to driving to the mostly non innovative open world. It unfortunately had the potential to be a great game, but for the moment it's just a good one. Shame really.

I have to say the main story was quite entertaining to follow though.
I'd give it that too and I don't think I'm super negative about it like a lot of people are (understandably given its problems). I am critical of a lot of open world games that feel hollow but there was something in the design of Night City that I liked. Story was a bit better than most open world dross as well.

Would like to play it again and get the platinum on the PS5 where i'm hoping it might run a bit better.

el3mel

I'd give it that too and I don't think I'm super negative about it like a lot of people are (understandably given its problems). I am critical of a lot of open world games that feel hollow but there was something in the design of Night City that I liked. Story was a bit better than most open world dross as well.

Would like to play it again and get the platinum on the PS5 where i'm hoping it might run a bit better.
The city's design itself is great. The problem is I felt the level of interaction with it is pretty lacking. It's yet another big city in which you drive from point A to point B to do a mission then go to the other mission ..etc. A little bit of interaction or creative random events with the citizens would have helped.

I agree though the main story was entertaining.