D-Day for Ole Saturday Nov 7th.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Today was a good day and a W make life so much easier. I hope Ole can turn off the noises and relax for a few days. He deserves it after such a busy and negative week.

Rockets Redglare

We used to have a newbie system in place. How did you manage to slip through the woodwork ?
I mean it was an obvious joke for one, and I also posted following this explaining that I was being facetious.

I was as happy as ever with the win today, although I still believe we’d be better off going in a new direction and finding a new manager as it seems for every great result we have an equally shocking one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shall we just keep updating the title, this thread will get a lot of mileage this season.

georgipep

I mean it was an obvious joke for one, and I also posted following this explaining that I was being facetious.

I was as happy as ever with the win today, although I still believe we’d be better off going in a new direction and finding a new manager as it seems for every great result we have an equally shocking one.
So, essentially, it wasn't and isn't a joke at all?

M16Red

Shall we just keep updating the title, this thread will get a lot of mileage this season.
Just about to post the same thing, Ole and this team seem to work under pressure. Flipping weirdos the lot of them.

keithsingleton

Surely D Day part two starts tomorrow. However, we know when Ole has to pull it out somehow he gets it done. Perhaps if it was D Day every time we play we' be challenging for top honours again.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Surely D Day part two starts tomorrow. However, we know when Ole has to pull it out somehow he gets it done. Perhaps if it was D Day every time we play we' be challenging for top honours again.
He’ll not be sacked even if we lose tomorrow. Only way he’d go before Christmas now is if we lose our remaining 4 games I think

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I dont see him being sacked at this point. The upper management look to me to be settled on allowing Ole to build his team etc. I think they see certain progress and arent as concerned as we are. I just think right now the upper management think its under control and dont see what we see. I doubt there would be any move to replace him unless things go horribly off the rails. Right now in terms of where we are compared to where we have been a loss to City this weekend wont have us horribly off the rails. We did qualify for the Champions league and being knocked out in the group stages is a step higher than the previous season. If we were to win against City that would put us in the top 4. BTW I have voted for him to be replaced but I just dont see it happening yet.

Lentwood

We have won 4 PL games in a row and people are talking about Ole’s job being on the line? Laughable.

Let me tell you this - Ole could lose this game 5-0 and it will have absolutely no bearing on whether he is our manager next season.

I suspect the Board, like me, will judge him in May. If we finish top four, he stays on. If we don’t, I could see the Board making a change.

Kajus

We’re actually above City in the table, is it D-Day for Guardiola too? 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand, so I suppose Lampard’s out too?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We have won 4 PL games in a row and people are talking about Ole’s job being on the line? Laughable.

Let me tell you this - Ole could lose this game 5-0 and it will have absolutely no bearing on whether he is our manager next season.

I suspect the Board, like me, will judge him in May. If we finish top four, he stays on. If we don’t, I could see the Board making a change.
So it does have a bearing on him being here next season then?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Who created this thread? Ole's job will not be on the line if we lose today.

If we start sinking like a rock and are mid-table or lower after 19 games then he'll be in trouble. If we lose today we'll be eight points off the top. We'd ideally want to be closer to the summit but eight points with more than 2/3rds of the season to play is not the worst position to be in. We managed to throw away an eight point lead in the space of a month in 2011-12!

People need to calm down.

We know what the bar is for the Glazers: top four. If its looking far off or if he doesn't make it by the end of the season then he'll be gone. Until then nobody should bother speculating about Ole's job.

Smores

He’ll not be sacked even if we lose tomorrow. Only way he’d go before Christmas now is if we lose our remaining 4 games I think
Exactly this. We're not sacking a manager based on one result against a top club.

It's also fair to say that you could put the worst manager you can think of in charge and they wouldn't lose all 4.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's like those guys with the sandwich boards that keep predicting the end of the world.

keithsingleton

Think your post more laughable if you think Ole has what it takes to take us to the next level. He's had long enough and the inconsistency of how we're playing isn't at the standards needed to fight for the top honours again.

God forbid if he's still here in May as we will be in same postion as we are now. Trophy-less. Forget what he did for us on the pitch and think about what's he done off it in well over 100 games.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

If thats true, its incredible that we've become the new Arsenal. Top 4 and then getting knocked out of the CL is all that matters.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I believe there was a message delivered to us this week with those unexpected tweets about what the board are expecting. I think they've leaked out their plans and it was a brief.

1. Expect to challenge this season.
  2. They'll know by the end of December if we are challengers.
  3. Depending on how well we do this month, I think January would see a change in management at the earliest.

Dr. StrangeHate

We’re actually above City in the table, is it D-Day for Guardiola too? 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand, so I suppose Lampard’s out too?
Pep has won two titles with City scoring the highest points ever in the history of the League. He also has the best CV in the game at the moment. That buys him time.

Lampard will be out the second Roman suspects he can't win them the title.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I believe there was a message delivered to us this week with those unexpected tweets about what the board are expecting. I think they've leaked out their plans and it was a brief.

1. Expect to challenge this season.
  2. They'll know by the end of December if we are challengers.
  3. Depending on how well we do this month, I think January would see a change in management at the earliest.
What unexpected tweets?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If thats true, its incredible that we've become the new Arsenal. Top 4 and then getting knocked out of the CL is all that matters.
It's the standard template, Woodward and co doesn't really care about missing CL football for a year, they just can't afford to miss it two years in a row which is why we've always backed the manager when we're in Europa but will do the bare minimum for transfers once we're in the Champions league.

Matt6677

I hope we get battered.
Same. I was going to say I'm not too fussed about winning today to put it nicely but I love how blunt you are.

We lose=Ole gets sacked= New manager comes in who doesn't have to play Maguire to make a point as he wasnt his signing

Perfect

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's the standard template, Woodward and co doesn't really care about missing CL football for a year, they just can't afford to miss it two years in a row which is why we've always backed the manager when we're in Europa but will do the bare minimum for transfers once we're in the Champions league.
CL only matters if you progress through the group stages, yes they will make money, but the big bucks are made the further you go.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
CL only matters if you progress through the group stages, yes they will make money, but the big bucks are made the further you go.
Making the group stages and getting knocked out to Europa is still more money than playing Europa only the whole season.

And any commercial deals with our sponsors would probably only involve us participating in the CL and not making it mandatory for us to progress to the knock out stages.

The board probably calculated that the cost of making a genuine title push and a deep CL run was probably too big a gamble and would cost too much as compared to doing the bare minimum of just getting into the group stages.

Ollie Derbyshire

Same. I was going to say I'm not too fussed about winning today to put it nicely but I love how blunt you are.

We lose=Ole gets sacked= New manager comes in who doesn't have to play Maguire to make a point as he wasnt his signing

Perfect
Shocking fan behaviour, and pointless cause he’ll not get sacked today if we lose.

Nickosaur

Perfect
Mad. Don't get this mentality.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mad. Don't get this mentality.
There is always a chance we might lose, but definitely wouldn't be wanting us to. If they think losing this game will get him the sack they will be disappointed. Our owners will only be influenced by the financial side, so when that becomes a big problem Ole will get the blame.

twitter thread suggester

Perfect
You are naive if you think there is any manager in the world who would bench Maguire in the current team.