D. McDonnell - the Mirror: Jose will be sacked this weekend | BBC: Jose still has board backing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Jose has annoyed me a lot, but its amazingly disrespectful really. I can't get over how badly run we are, our behaviour and dealing with issues like this is just laughably unprofessional.
It was disrespectful and unprofessional when it happened with LVG, now it's just downright embarrassing.

Mainoldo

I’m going old Trafford tomorrow. I’m going to be so happy now. Lol.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As poorly as this sacking has been handled (for the third time in a row!) I'll be chuffed to bits to see the back of Jose.

Hope to god it's true.

Infra-red

Nothing on Di Marzio's Twitter account about Conte being Mourinho's replacement.
Realistically, it's Conte or Zidane. The latter seems to have been distancing himself from it in the last week or so, going by reports in France...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Oh yeah because Moyes and LvG deserved that treatment too!
How is it the same thing. Woodward and Mourinho have seemingly been at odds for a very long time. This is him getting revenge, if it was actually his doing.

It’s possible that it was Mourinho’s camp that leaked this IMO. Something like he was informed that he’d be relieved of his duties after the game tomorrow and then his people put it out there to garner sympathy from everyone.

Castia

Imagine we get Conte......fecking hell :lol:

The Glazers refuse any sort of attacking football it’s against their philosophy.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Logs off the caf.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Feels like the end of an unhappy marriage, that could have been great. I'm hopeful of the next appointment but I really do fear the worst, if we're back in this position in 2 or 3 seasons time they'll be murder.
We've become just another Chelsea/Real Madrid but without the on field success

Takes the piss

Jacko21

Sounded like Neville was inciting a riot to me by encouraging the fans to turn on the board at tomorrows game, also claiming that he will be right there in full support of Mourinho. Ed will love that.
He’s right though. Mourinho will get a big reception.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossy1686

career ending
Realistically, it's Conte or Zidane. The latter seems to have been distancing himself from it in the last week or so going by reports in France.
Could be a caretaker until the summer, would give us a much better chance of getting the appointment right instead of making a 'who's available right now?' appointment.

Castia

How is it the same thing. Woodward and Mourinho have seemingly been at odds for a very long time. This is him getting revenge, if it was actually his doing.

It’s possible that it was Mourinho’s camp that leaked this IMO. Something like he was informed that he’d be relieved of his duties after the game tomorrow and then his people put it out there to garner sympathy from everyone.

He wouldn’t be managing the game if he was already told

Fooza

I hope the news is true. I'll get heat for this but I couldn't care less how the news broke. Jose will be happy with his big fat paycheck and being back in London living in a house not a hotel.

Reactions: SteveJ

Joseunited

Feck sake, things just go from bad to worse.Mourinho isn't Man United and needs to go but for the love of God United to it better than this.

crossy1686

career ending
Hold up, why is everyone jumping on the club for leaking this story? Even Woody is not that stupid to leak such a story a day before a league game.
I'm more inclined to believe that it was someone in Mou's camp who leaked this (If the story is true, ofcourse).
He's done this twice before and why would Jose turn up tomorrow if he's been sacked?

He leaked Van Gaal before the FA cup final, so maybe that answers your question?

Tom Van Persie

No relation

What do you mean? You're trying to justify Woodward being a spineless cnut leaking stuff to the press as 'well Jose has had digs at him' when Moyes and LvG had the exact same treatment from Woodward. Three managers have been sacked under him and the way we've done is an utter disgrace (if this is true)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Why is Neville like this? Would he have hired Mourinho and/or persisted with him under these situations?
Yet he sacked his joint managers at Salford who had got them all their promotions only to bring in a bigger name. He’s a walking hypocrite.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Am gonna laugh my ass off when the new manager comes in and Pogba still doesn't perform Martial is still crap and if it's Zidane you guys find out how deep and out of his depth he is

IrishRedDevil

Not sure how I feel about this. Haven’t enjoyed things recently, but at the same time didn’t want him sacked - doesn’t make sense I know.

Then again, if the story that he has given up and would welcome a pay off is true, then that’s totally pathetic in my eyes. I thought he was a stronger man than that but we really have seen a fragile side of him in recent years.

AndyJ1985

He has to go and the sooner the better. I can't celebrate though, because I have absolutely no confidence in our board when it comes to finding a replacement.

Jacko21

Unprofessional to sack a manager after doing a fecking terrible job?

He took the champions of England to 7th place ffs I could have done better.
That’s clearly not what people are reacting to and you know it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would be good to sack him now. Saves him with some dignity because the next 7 games are going to be very very ugly.

Infra-red

Could be a caretaker until the summer, would give us a much better chance of getting the appointment right instead of making a 'who's available right now?' appointment.
Possiby, but I don't see them giving it to a Carrick/Butt/McKenna with more than 8 months of football still to play. If they're binning Mourinho now, they're presumably doing it with one eye on the 4th place trophy. Experienced candidate more likely imo.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Don't be so fecking stupid

Tom Van Persie

No relation

The way we sacked him was out of order. Woodward leaked to the press the night before then informed Moyes to come to Carrington early in the morning for a meeting. No matter what you think of Moyes as a manager, that's a horrible way to treat somebody who has always been known as a decent man.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who are we even going to replace him with? I don't know why but I just can't see us sacking him yet, suppose with an international break coming up now is as good a time as any.

el3mel

It's exactly the same story as LVG and Moyes. Everyone and his dog in the media knows the manager will get sacked and surround the manager with these leaks, while he gets insurance from Ed till the truth be revealed. We can't simply do it with dignity and tell the manager in his face he's sacked and good luck. He must know it from the media first.

crossy1686

career ending
What he said?
Fuming about the way it's been handled (if true) Moyes and Van Gaal was leaked before they got sacked as well. Said it's a disgrace and people will turn out to support Jose tomorrow (if it is his last game) because he deserves to be treated better, Neville will also be there showing his support. Said the fans will turn on the board if this is all true.

L1nk

As much as I really want Mourinho gone, and welcome this news if it's true, to do it like this just shows how gargantually awful this club is run from those at the top, and ideally I would love to see Woodward and the Glazers gone too. IF it's true Mourinho has gone i hope we have that DOF lined up NOW before we put in another manager, for the love of god please. This should of happened in the summer if we weren't going to buy his targets as well, absolute shitshow from top to bottom, the running of this club has gone right to hell.

Rajma

Am gonna laugh my ass off when the new manager comes in and Pogba still doesn't perform Martial is still crap and if it's Zidane you guys find out how deep and out of his depth he is
So you’re saying that you would welcome him back with open arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.