g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

D. McDonnell - the Mirror: Jose will be sacked this weekend | BBC: Jose still has board backing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What do you mean? You're trying to justify Woodward being a spineless cnut leaking stuff to the press as 'well Jose has had digs at him' when Moyes and LvG had the exact same treatment from Woodward. Three managers have been sacked under him and the way we've done is an utter disgrace (if this is true)
No I was quite clearly saying that it was possible that Woodward didn’t actually do this. But if he did then Mourinho can’t exactly be absolved if all blame.

L1nk

As much as I really want Mourinho gone, and welcome this news if it's true, to do it like this just shows how gargantually awful this club is run from those at the top, and ideally I would love to see Woodward and the Glazers gone too. IF it's true Mourinho has gone i hope we have that DOF lined up NOW before we put in another manager, for the love of god please. This should of happened in the summer if we weren't going to buy his targets as well, absolute shitshow from top to bottom, the running of this club has gone right to hell.

El-Manos

Am gonna laugh my ass off when the new manager comes in and Pogba still doesn't perform Martial is still crap and if it's Zidane you guys find out how deep and out of his depth he is
You don’t have much going on in your life it seems :lol::lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Certainly is - this is the first time that Jose's given me an extension.
:lol::lol::lol: fecks sake Steve. I was just about to strip naked in the back garden and pour honey all over myself in celebration but that's put me right off it now.

OT: who is really reporting this though? The Mirror, the Daily Star and some publication call 90 Mins is all that I can see so far.

bondsname

Dont know how to feel about this. On one hand I want Mourinho out, but what if he is right, our players are garbage and the next manager will do even worse. Maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side.

But at the end of the day, no one wants Mourinho here except for a small minority of fans. I doubt even Mourinho wants to be here.

Greck

Am gonna laugh my ass off when the new manager comes in and Pogba still doesn't perform Martial is still crap and if it's Zidane you guys find out how deep and out of his depth he is
You can feck off with that. Last thing we need is a Chelsea fan coming to spew bitter rubbish for a sacking that has nothing to do with them

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Conte plays the polar opposite of attacking football.
Conte is better than Mourinho. With some distance. Not a easy personality, but that bs of defensive and attacking football is soundbytes.

Skills

Snitch
Didn't some news about Van Gaal getting sacked in November break out too? And then he had a massive meltdown about it post match?

I'm trying not to get excited about this.

crossy1686

career ending
Possiby, but I don't see them giving it to a Carrick/Butt/McKenna with more than 8 months of football still to play. If they're binning Mourinho now, they're presumably doing it with one eye on the 4th place trophy. Experienced candidate more likely imo.
If it means bringing Potch in, which for some reason the world wants, then they'll wait. We can't get this next one wrong because the top 4 isn't getting any easier to achieve. It's worth waiting for to get it right, this season is pretty much a write off anyway.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Exactly. And the thought of another bad appointment is fecking horrfying. Which is a distinct possibility, considering who we’re being linked with :(
Feels like the end of an unhappy marriage, that could have been great. I'm hopeful of the next appointment but I really do fear the worst, if we're back in this position in 2 or 3 seasons time they'll be murder.
Seems like we’re firmly locked in the European managerial merry go round now, where it’ll be a series of flavor of the months in the hope that we stumble on to some genius.

Canagel

Exactly. And the thought of another bad appointment is fecking horrfying. Which is a distinct possibility, considering who we’re being linked with :(
The next appointment is crucial. The club messed up with 3 managers who don't fit the United style. They must not do this again.

IrishRedDevil

If he is sacked, it really makes sense to get a DOF or Technical Director in at the same time as a new manager. 2 week international break to get two big appointments sorted?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Didn't some news about Van Gaal getting sacked in November break out too? And then he had a massive meltdown about it post match?

I'm trying not to get excited about this.
Yeah I think that was the whole ‘fat man’ episode but I may be wrong.

Infra-red

Who are we even going to replace him with? I don't know why but I just can't see us sacking him yet, suppose with an international break coming up now is as good a time as any.
Current bookies fav is still Zidane. 2nd fav is Brendan Rodgers. Conte is 3rd.

Castia

Bad timing tbh, the fixtures coming up look brutal after Newcastle.

DownRiver

Sack Mourinho, as things are not going to get any worse. Carrick/McKenna can have an initial positive impact on the football team as we have seen this over and over again with other teams. Within that timeframe, a technical director will be appointed (before the end of the year) and a new manager, who hopefully will be in unison about the vision of the football club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rodgers we done fecking lost our minds!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's exactly the same story as LVG and Moyes. Everyone and his dog in the media knows the manager will get sacked and surround the manager with these leaks, while he gets insurance from Ed till the truth be revealed. We can't simply do it with dignity and tell the manager in his face he's sacked and good luck. He must know it from the media first.
Identical situation to Moyes and LVG, apparently Woody and the board do not feel obliged to act in a dignified manner when it comes to parting ways with a club employee.

Jose deserves to be sacked, but he does not deserve to be treated with a complete lack of respect.

Skills

Snitch
Bad timing tbh, the fixtures coming up look brutal after Newcastle.
Actually it's great timing. Under Mourinho those fixtures would've been a complete write off and almost certainly ending in humiliation, a new manager should get a response though.

I'm still gutted we didn't get to play Mourinho's Chelsea before he got sacked. Hiddink took over and got a result against us.

RonaldoVII

Woody actually has nothing to do with the football on the pitch
Moyes said Ed didn't back him with the players he wanted. LVG said he was bringing in 3rd and 4th choice targets and Jose asked for players publicly and Ed came out and spoke about resale value. 3 managers in a row cannot be the problem. Woodward has a lot to answer for.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I do like the idea of getting the guys from Juve in and if their pick is Conte for manager you've got the back that as at least they've shown they know what they're doing when it comes to running a successful on the pitch football club

Wayne's World

This is huge news for the football club. It's the right decision for both parties but I absolute agree with Gary Neville on SkySports, it's the board who should be made accountable for the mess they have provided throughout the last 6 years

The manager is a problem but the board need to be restructured from top to bottom for us to get back to even somewhere close to where we were

WensleyMU

Disgraceful. Sad to see what this club has become and the fans rubbing their hands with glee, sorry state of affairs.

If its true of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.