View full 2014-15 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Silverman

I am delighted we have signed Blind. I will admit that I was unsure when we were linked with him but now he seems to be a brilliant signing. A CDM that protects the back four was exactly what we needed. Hopefully he keeps up the high standard of performance.

JohnnyLaw

I must admit I've had doubts about him, but this was a brilliant performance from him and I have alot more faith now that he'll prove to be an important addition to the squad. Wasn't tested too hard defensively though, we'll see how he fares when the opposition is stronger.

Jerch

I still wonder why we waited so long to sign him.
Probably LVG didn't want Blind to be his first signing to not put to much pressure on him and spark the talk that he is bringing his men's in like Moyes did with Fellaini.

I think his trasfer was prepared for a long time and when the time was right it went through.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Be interesting to see how he does against better teams. Can he keep a Silva or a Fabregas quiet?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Very good today but not much pressure on him to track back much and he had loads of time on the ball. I think it is clear he is good on the ball and a great tactical player so he'll always be great in these type of matches. With the constant questioning of his physical abilities I'm looking forward to seeing how he does against big physical midfielders, even the average ones like Fellaini and Dembele as Carrick didn't handle them too well. Glad to have a proper DM in the side though, always thought we needed one.

432JuanMata

Said in when I was in the Newbie section as I have watched this guy at least 10 times live for Ajax last season when I was living in Holland and he suits us down to the ground. We have the creativity to open up teams we just lacked a player to sit and shield the defense and build our attacks and Blind is perfect for that. He may not be our best player but he is our most important. I said he will shock a lot of people with how good he is and was happy we bought him he is not as good a midfielder as Vidal but is what we need to protect the defense

Ixion

Haven't had chance to watch any highlights but from the stands he was my MOM. Great performance.

Andy_Cole

I still wonder why we waited so long to sign him.
Personally think it was because he was happy with Carrick (was clearly upset when he got injured) and Fletcher as he had a fantastic pre season. Perhaps it was only after Fletcher's terrible start to the season Blind was a must buy to our first team.

LonelyFire

What a difference having someone who has head up when receiving the ball. His one touch play was excellent. He and Herrera compliment one another very well.

Browniee

Very impressive debut. Going to be a fan favourite for sure. He'll get used to speed and power of EPL games. Today was a nice little warmer for him.
Think he'll do just fine for us, even in the big games.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
He was great, however he was playing against witches hats. Absolutely no pressure on him but it was a near perfect debut from him. Very impressed.

ScarleyUtd

Had a feeling about Blind. In any other team, aside from Di Maria, I'd have said MOTM today.

Dazzmondo

107 passes completed out of 112 attempts.

95% pass completion rate.

Metronomic is the only word fitting.
95.5% so let's just say 96% ;)

Great debut from him though. I have to wait to see how he does against Leicester next week though. They will probably press us far more than QPR did. It will probably be a very tough game, but hopefully our midfield performs as well as it did tonight.

RedStarUnited

He is what we all wanted Cleverly to be. Nothing amazing, just keep it simple and tidy up. Someone above me mentioned it, his positional game was excellent.

izec

I understand why some call him slow, he never really has to run fast. he is totally in control and crusing through games. Even in training, he always runs at minimal speed and just jogs around. Everything is too easy for him.

orangeboom999

Hiding under a rock until the next game...
I watched him play for Ajax earlier in the season and he did exactly the same thing. His passing stats are unreal. Keeps possession and recycles play brilliantly. After his comments when we signed him and knowing a thing or 2 about midfielders I would be genuinely interested to hear Scholesys view on his performance today.

izec

I watched him play for Ajax earlier in the season and he did exactly the same thing. His passing stats are unreal. Keeps possession and recycles play brilliantly. After his comments when we signed him and knowing a thing or 2 about midfielders I would be genuinely interested to hear Scholesys view on his performance today.
'he is no Toni Kroos'

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Having intelligent players in midfield made such a difference. I genuinely can't remember the last time we bossed a midfield battle before yesterday. Daley Blind was my man of the match, excellent debut. Future captain.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He is what we all wanted Cleverly to be. Nothing amazing, just keep it simple and tidy up. Someone above me mentioned it, his positional game was excellent.
Or Fellaini in his 'defensive midfield' role (his best position according to some on here apparently).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Or Fellaini in his 'defensive midfield' role (his best position according to some on here apparently).
Nah, I think the people who held that view always wanted a tough-tackling, box-to-box, Keane-like midfield from Fellaini. I don't think anyone really expected Fellaini to be an intelligent, well positioned #6.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not afraid to have a crack from distance either, almost led to Falcao goal on the rebound off the keeper. Its amazing that we had to cut all the stench from previous regimes to get a functioning midfield together.

mamboza

Wait till we get Strootman too.

Blind is superior to Fletch and Carrick in term of technical ability. Ajax seems to be one of the better teams producing young players with great skills.

marlowe78

This, to me at least, was the key signing of the summer. We could have 15 DiMarias and Falcaos on the pitch but it would mean nothing without the kind of midfield pairing that Herrera and Blind provide. We finally have two dynamic midfielders with separate roles - someone who can cover that no-man's land behind the midfield and relieve pressure on the backs in addition to an attacker who can spur play forward. Herrera could flourish with this setup, as it gives him much more freedom to leave his place in the middle and help set up play around the box. Great acquisition.