Dan Gore | 2023/24 Performances | Port Vale (loan)

gajender

Composure, high energy, good passer of the ball. All the things we need in midfield. Similar to Mainoo in a lot of ways.
And not to mention press resistance which is so crucial in todays game .

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
And not to mention press resistance which is so crucial in todays game .
I think that also comes from not feeling the weight of expectation and the ability to just play the game and do the basics right. Wish all our players had a similar approach.

Gordon Godot

You realise that that same team will recruit or scout for the academy too right?
they wont or shouldnt be. Its a different team and completely different structure and process to be finding young players vs experienced professionals.

gajender

I think that also comes from not feeling the weight of expectation and the ability to just play the game and do the basics right. Wish all our players had a similar approach.
Only Partially agree weight of expectation is always there playing for United whether you are youngster or seasoned professional and truth to be told none of our senior midfielders are actually good when pressed they simply lack the technique to evade press and dribble their way out of trouble weight of expectation or not .

And it's kind of strange that while at academy level we have prioritised players of this ilk but at senior level we have continuously ignored this and suffering because of that reason .

Last edited:

dutchred

I like this kid. Let's invest time in him rather than someone like Amrabat.
I agree. He and Mainoo plated a lot together in the youth teams. They understand each other and work well together. It's like having 2 defensive # 8 so you dont need a DM. Between them they cover the situations when a DM is needed

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks so good too. The only player we don’t have for midfield if Casemiro goes is the general/leader in there. I’d be all for giving Gore good chances this season but I can’t recall any team apart from Barca in transition and possibly Ajax relying on such young players in a crucial position (as we saw with Mainoo vs West Ham) Has he skipped ahead of Hannibal do ye think?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Has he skipped ahead of Hannibal do ye think?
Think this is just new youth player buzz and hype. Hannibal has way more experience than him, played 40 games in the Championship and is an international player for Tunisia.

Whilst Gore looks okay, he'll have to at least score a goal or do well in 60+ mins like Hannibal has done this season to be ahead of him realistically.

reddev3

Report that Dortmund want to sign him in Jan (I think buy not loan). That's all you need to know when it comes to a youngster's potential nowadays.

Teja

I agree. He and Mainoo plated a lot together in the youth teams. They understand each other and work well together. It's like having 2 defensive # 8 so you dont need a DM. Between them they cover the situations when a DM is needed
Yes +1. Mainoo for me isn't a pure DM and needs someone with the legs + the ability to nip in and win the ball quicklly playing next to him. I was thinking a Fred / Kante / Kalvin Philips type player would be good pair.

It seems like Gore can do it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He looks so good too. The only player we don’t have for midfield if Casemiro goes is the general/leader in there. I’d be all for giving Gore good chances this season but I can’t recall any team apart from Barca in transition and possibly Ajax relying on such young players in a crucial position (as we saw with Mainoo vs West Ham) Has he skipped ahead of Hannibal do ye think?
Not sure skipped ahead, but as Hannibal is older I can see him going out on loan and Gore staying on the fringes of the first team for the rest of the season.
Think this is just new youth player buzz and hype. Hannibal has way more experience than him, played 40 games in the Championship and is an international player for Tunisia.

Whilst Gore looks okay, he'll have to at least score a goal or do well in 60+ mins like Hannibal has done this season to be ahead of him realistically.
I mean, he's looked more than okay, he's looked good in his limited minutes. No need to undersell him if you prefer Hannibal as that's valid as Hannibal is a very good talent in his own right.

Marwood

I like the look of him from the youth teams. Just slighly concerned at how small he is. Not saying it's impossible for a player to be of that stature in CM but it does make it trickier.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Let him go with a buy-back clause. He's 19 and needs to play. Dortmund are experts at turning these talents into world class players.

Ekeke

Contract expires in the summer. We've cornered ourselves here, either play him/tie him down to a long term deal, or lose him for free in summer.
Seems to happen a lot with us. Youngsters just starting to break into the team the same season as their contract runs out

Amethystxx

Contract expires in the summer. We've cornered ourselves here, either play him/tie him down to a long term deal, or lose him for free in summer.
I remember that he just sign a new contract before this season, is it just 1 year contract?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Seems to happen a lot with us. Youngsters just starting to break into the team the same season as their contract runs out
It happens with every club, there are regulations on the length of contracts for young players.

Dan Gore’s contract doesn’t expire next summer anyway so it isn’t relevant here.

Dannn411

Sign him to a 6-year extension and either play him more or loan him out to a top 5 league fot one year where he can start regularly. Simple as that. Sale should be totally out of the question.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If you play him and Mainoo, with Garnacho and Rashford ont he wings, we're seriously stuffed on set pieces. I've actually been unimpressed with Hojland's defensive aerial ability - great strikers are normally awesome at that - Drogba/RVP etc were defensively useful. But having Mainoo, Fernandes, Garnacho, Gore and Rashford on the pitch...we'd be tiny !

Borninthe80ts

I agree to a certain extent that there’s going to be overhype I’m not sure it’s misplaced with Gore. While Hannibal does have more experience I’m not sure it’s raised his level above Dan’s. As was said by others this is not to take away from Hannibal as I think he can become a good player just I appreciate the composure and passing of Gore more.

All 3 of the young guys can have a place in the team in the future hopefully.

chocolate cloud

Now that Amrabat is going to AFCON, can we cancel his loan and focus on playing Gore, Hannibal etc more often?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Loan to dortmund. They seem to be good at developing.
Yeah but I think their business model wouldn’t allow for it. They want to sign these players on permanent deals, invest their time and energy into developing them in the hope of turning over a nice profit of a few years. Not sure they’ll be too keen on a loan. Unless we do a sale with a buyback clause/option, but again, I don’t see how they’d prefer that.

Otherwise we should just find him another loan elsewhere, albeit we’ve always struggled with our loans, which poses a huge risk to his development if we’re unable to give him minutes at OT.

Mylock

Gore will get plenty of game time over the next few months, Eth rates him very highly. The story about Dortmund is rubbish, he won't be going anywhere.

Last edited: