Dani Ceballos - loan to Arsenal from RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The great man Orny has now just confirmed the deal.

Can anyone tell me about him? I've never seen him play from memory but have read that he's a CM that can dribble the ball. He apparently was great in the recent U21 tournament too.

If I'm honest though I'm disappointed that this is a loan with no option to buy - this is what we have been forced to resort to. Sad times.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Consistency will be the only issue with him, I imagine. That and being a tart, going down at every touch. He’ll get on well with Guendouzi :D.

Exactly the player you’re missing in your midfield tbh, creative, technical. Also got a great set piece on him. Considering Ozil seems to be a bit of a non event these days, you just need him showing up every week. less pressure than at Real though and Emery is a good coach.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a stellar talent when he’s on his game, but Arsenal probably isn’t the best environment for him. Everything about him seems to say ‘Arsenal player’ to me, with all the good and the bad that comes with it.

I suspect he will look like the deal of the season in August, play his part in a memorable team goal, dink one over the keeper etc, and then fade to black along with his Arsenal brothers in arms around New Year or end of Jan at the latest.

-Supreme-

This type of loan deal usually happens at smaller clubs and I'm surprised arsenal have agreed without an option to buy

You are in essece helping Madrid to develop their kid without any returns

izec

He is a great little player. Technically superb, great dribbler and passer. Comes across a bit cocky though, at least to me.

He is from Sevilla and a Betis youth product. Had a great season at Betis 2 years ago, moved to Real, but things didnt work out for him. Solari and Zidane arent big fans, he is still rated there though, so no buy option.

Lacks consistency and tends to overdo things. But when it works, he will look like one of the best midfielders in the league. I would have taken him here, but only with a buy option

Robbie Boy

Wonder will he work out better than their last La Liga loan signing. From what I’ve seen of him he’s very much a system player and when all is going well he’ll shine but when the chips are down he’ll be invisible.

AshRK

Have seen glimpses of him. Arsenal are signing a really talented player. The only issue with this deal is if he has a great season, madrid will have him back. Not a win win situation for arsenal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I will repeat I hope he's as shit as Suarez was :D

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
As a Real Madrid fan who watches a lot of Arsenal games. Ceballos i by some distance your best midfielder now. I rate him much higher then Xhaka, Current Ôzil and Guandouzi. Congratulation.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
This type of loan deal usually happens at smaller clubs and I'm surprised arsenal have agreed without an option to buy

You are in essece helping Madrid to develop their kid without any returns
Chelsea just did the same with Kovacic.
At the end there is always a (small) chance to sign a player, especially with Zidane as coach.
Looks like both will never work together.

Gandalf

Definitely a talent and seems to be very unhurried on the ball, at his best he will add some composure to your midfield I would expect and ought to link very well with your forwards. I would not worry so much about his inconsistency as he is young and most young players fade in and out of games, if you are lucky this will be a season in which he matures and is able to turn it on week in and week out, certainly Emery seems the type of manager he will enjoy working with.

charlenefan

At the end there is always a (small) chance to sign a player, especially with Zidane as coach.
It's not the same as Kovacic at all, he wanted to leave Madrid and straight from the get go it was a loan with an option to buy. In this case there is no such option to buy. Maybe that will change in 12 months but right now he'll be going back to Madrid

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
It's not the same as Kovacic at all, he wanted to leave Madrid and straight from the get go it was a loan with an option to buy. In this case there is no such option to buy. Maybe that will change in 12 months but right now he'll be going back to Madrid
There was no option to buy for Kovacic. Chelsea and Real agreed for a fee this summer.
Ceballos wants to leave Real this summer too, because he wants to play more. Next season he will see, who will play in midfield for Real.

-Supreme-

Kovacic had a lot more experience and the expectation of him is completely different

charlenefan

There was no option to buy for Kovacic. Chelsea and Real agreed for a fee this summer.
Ceballos wants to leave Real this summer too, because he wants to play more. Next season he will see, who will play in midfield for Real.
Of course there was an option to buy, had there not been how would Chelsea of been able to make the move permanent this summer given they have a transfer ban?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Of course there was an option to buy, had there not been how would Chelsea of been able to make the move permanent this summer given they have a transfer ban?
Because he already was registered as their player due to the last season.
They had no Option to buy.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I remember him being fantastic at an u21 tournament for Spain, can't remember which.
It was probably a bit daft to move to Madrid given the midfield they had at the time.
Based on what I saw of him, I'd have had him at United 100%
I've not seen that much though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Wonder will he work out better than their last La Liga loan signing. From what I’ve seen of him he’s very much a system player and when all is going well he’ll shine but when the chips are down he’ll be invisible.
If he scores four against Liverpool like big Baptista then the loan will be worth it.

Tiber

Arsenal are morphing into Inter Milan even more every day

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why does it always seem like Arsenal have a midtable defensive structure yet always seem to sign creative midfielders who play best as a #10? Good player but like... why.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It's not a good deal for Arsenal. If he does well he goes back to Madrid, if he does poorly they will try to dump him for a probably a bad price.

Long term it's only good if he has a good but inconsistent season, Arsenal gets option to buy, and then next season is his breakout. Too many variables for it to be a good deal especially when a CB is needed the most.

NoPace

I was sure Denis Suarez was a terrible fit for the Prem because of his mediocre quickness and I think Ceballos is the opposite and will have a solid overall season.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Its a good deal for Arsenal for the simple reason that we badly need help in four positions (LB, CB, creative CM, winger) and we don't have the funds to buy players for all of them. Obviously you'd rather buy the player outright for a good price but we can't do that so its either do a loan deal or bring in no help at all in the creative CM position. And given the situation and the club we're dealing with, we've got no leverage to negotiate an option to buy so that is that.

JSArsenal

Who?

I see Emery is taking over from Wenger in buying a creative midfielder when there are far more pressing needs.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It's not a good deal for Arsenal. If he does well he goes back to Madrid, if he does poorly they will try to dump him for a probably a bad price.

Long term it's only good if he has a good but inconsistent season, Arsenal gets option to buy, and then next season is his breakout. Too many variables for it to be a good deal especially when a CB is needed the most.
I agree completely. It's a very sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He was already a registered player. The ban actually helped Real get top money for him.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Any reports on if there's a purchase option in the deal?

If there is then I'd be a bit pissed off and jealous as I would have liked him at Spurs which was also heavily rumoured.

If not then I'm not bothered at all - Arsenal get a decent player but are basically just helping out RM. Everton have had some success with loans without options where they negotiate the purchase later, but it's still tricky business. This year for example had we wanted Andre Gomes and bid for him I have no doubt we could have stolen him off them.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Fantastic little player. I hope he can tear it up for the gunners next season and doesn't end up like Morata at Chelsea. His close control is almost as good as Isco.

meamth

Sucks being Arsenal fan.

They can only loan players instead of buying. Imagine if we're in that state..

SATA

Helping others to develop their players is a no no when you are also a big club yourself. It will only be a good deal if there is option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.