Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

OohAahMartial

I think he may actually be our budget option for the right wing, rotated with Chong or Mata, due to being unable to get Sancho this Summer and not wanting to spend any big money on that position when we might get Sancho next Summer.

Also it seems to me there are just too many other positions we are strengthening this Summer for us to get another winger too. Centre back and Right back are certainties, that leaves two more coming in as Ole already ruled out 6 in. If Lukaku and De Gea or Pogba leave, that leaves a lot of positions still left to replace and that's without the midfield even being looked at. If De Gea or Pogba leave it really screws us this window.

I suspect we don't care so much if Lukaku leaves, we could possibly get someone who is a better fit (though maybe not an overall better scorer), like Haller. Bruno looks to be in the bag already, so the 5 would already be James, CB (De Ligt/Dias/Maguire), AWB, Bruno, and Haller/Dembele. If De Gea left too we would already be needing 6 in if we want a replacement. If Pogba left, I assume Bruno as the replacement. Still leaves the midfield lacking in numbers and quality. And certainly no room for another winger amongst the signings. Therefore James is our budget stop gap.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Has he officially been announced yet?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yup. And did you see that cross against Croatia? I've never seen Ronaldo put in such a good cross. Out of this world!
Bucktooth could never pull it off

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And you wonder why our Naive fan base start wondering why he isn't performing like Messi :houllier: Pogba got the same hype treatment.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Genuinely excited about this one, I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised and he's the sort of player that United fans love to watch.

Mcking

And you wonder why our Naive fan base start wondering why he isn't performing like Messi :houllier: Pogba got the same hype treatment.
Pogba was comfortably one of the best midfielders in the world when we signed him.

VanGaalyTime

Yup. And did you see that cross against Croatia? I've never seen Ronaldo put in such a good cross. Out of this world!
Can you link a video of it? I remember seeing him hook a ball into the box but don't remember a cross that was out of this world.

TRUERED89

I hope he gets plenty of minutes, he cant do any worse than what we've been accustomed to for so long.

Cerberus

He'll be our starting right winger, right? I don't see us linked to any other players in that position.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I guess our marketing department haven’t sorted out the announcement/interviews/graphics etc yet as this was supposed to be officially finalised today apparently. Perhaps tomorrow then.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I guess our marketing department haven’t sorted out the announcement/interviews/graphics etc yet as this was supposed to be finalised today apparently. Perhaps tomorrow then.
My guess is that when he went for the medical United hoped they could get the PR stuff done before he went back to Wales but they didn't have time, so it'll get done tomorrow or the next day when he's back from Hungary.

Hoof the ball

If he plays well tonight, we'll probably put together a decent video presentation package for him in the morning, but if he's underwhelming, he'll get a one line Twitter message on a default single colour background saying, "Welcome James".

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If he plays well tonight, we'll probably put together a decent video presentation package for him in the morning, but if he's underwhelming, he'll get a one line Twitter message on a default single colour background saying, "Welcome James".
Actually think of a scribbly 'WeLcomE JAmeS : - )' in Microsoft Paint would do really well. Would show that the club are at least self-aware about their outrageously dramatic announcements. Dodgy Adidas logo in the corner for good measure.

Adcuth

Games on s4c feck me it's hard watching with Welsh commentary

Celoti23-81

Games on s4c feck me it's hard watching with Welsh commentary
You need to start watching the 12 hours of farming programmes on it then. Learn the lingo! It's only on s4c because it involves a Bale!

Adcuth

Seems to have started up front with bale on the right and brooks out left

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Him and Brooks through middle - bit strange from Giggs

Status
Not open for further replies.