Danny Ings joins Aston Villa

AgentSmith

Thats where he played mostly for Brentford, both sides prior to his last season. Id say he will play off the wing coming inside, basically replacing Grealish.
Makes sense then, especially with a LB like Targett overlapping. Thanks.

Exciting front 4 they’ve put together to try and fill the Grealish void, be interesting to see how they all gel together.

Bailey Buendia Watkins
Ings​

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Bad news for Southampton.
I'm pretty sure they haven't spent money (net) for over 5 seasons now, amazing they are still a PL club when you think about some of the guys who have come up in that time with money like Leeds & Villa.

James Peril

Cracking signing from Villa, desperately needed a goalscorer. With Buendia and Bailey, they will be a threat going forward! Watkins not a half bad back up striker either. Just need to replace that balance that will be lost in midfield from Jack's ball carrying. Andreas wouldn't be a bad shout for the to be honest.
Watkins will be no backup, he was very good last season (his first!) and his pressing/hold-up is superb. Hit the post/bar 6-7 times, he can potentially score 20 goals. Andreas? Absolutely no way Villa will be looking at the extremely average Andreas, they have way higher ambitions than signing players of his ilk. No offence, but I don’t think they’d take Fred, McTominay or Matic either. In McGinn and Luiz, they have similar players already and would try to get better - as should Man Utd.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Makes sense then, especially with a LB like Targett overlapping. Thanks.

Exciting front 4 they’ve put together to try and fill the Grealish void, be interesting to see how that all gel together.

Bailey Buendia Watkins
Ings​
Its a smart signing at minimal cost I imagine.

Brophs

The One and Only
Wasn’t there a story (not saying it was true) that Ings would reject Spurs as he wanted to go to bigger club. Bit of a kick in the teeth for big Dan Levy.

RUCK4444

Great signing while he’s remains fit. Good to see Villa investing and doing well back in the PL, always had a soft spot for them.

MUFC OK

Yeah same. He’s a major rotation risk now. There’s only really Toney, DCL, Antonio and whoever Southampton sign that are dead cert to start currently. Oh and Kane
Wilson surely? Also I feel Iheanacho will be a starter, he was quality for them last season.

CM

Kind of a weird move from Villa, and probably for Ings too. Feels very much like they've panicked and either want to appease the fans or don't know what to do with Grealish going.

Watkins started out as a left winger at Exeter and his early Brentford days but it doesn't seem productive to move him back when he's done well up front and scored 14 goals for them last season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good signing for Villa. They’ve had a good summer with their signings.

PoTMS

Villa will give every top 6 team a run for their money, with the exception of City maybe.
Nah, the top 4 are all still comfortably better. Arsenal, Everton and Spurs are all in trouble though and Leicester may start looking over their shoulder.

Deery

Dreary
Villa replacing Grealish’s goals and assists well this window spreading it around be an exciting team to keep an eye on next season.

Jev

Good signing. Villa doing well with the Grealish money, Buendia, Bailey and Ings for around 90 million combined. Should probably leave room for another 50 million or so. Will be interesting to see how they'll fare this season, decent squad they're assembling.

Lee565

Imagine of they kept grealish,they would be within a strong shout of a top 6 finish.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Apologies I dint know the figure, certainly means Kane is worth a shite sight more than £100m
That has nothing to do Kane though. Villa is a mid table club trying to stay in PL after Grealish and Ings wasn't desperate to join Villa.

Lukaku & Grealish sales should be your scale to value Kane.

marktan

I think it's a pretty poor signing for £30m. Buendias a very good signing and Leon Bailey is potentially a good one too. But Ings is proba my the first waste of their Grealish money, they have 0 need for him with Watkins and he'll spend half the time on the injury table.

Ings going to Spurs for £30m to replace Kane would've made much more sense.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
2 million sell on fee for us. Woohoo more money scrimped to go in the paupers piss pot for FSG before we can think about buying anybody.

Gandalf

Lots of people saying 30m however the BBC are saying its 25m. With his contract running down I imagine Southampton had little choice but to accept and the structure probably is in instalments. Might mean Ralph can afford the loan fee for Brandon now though.

Deery

Dreary
I think it's a pretty poor signing for £30m. Buendias a very good signing and Leon Bailey is potentially a good one too. But Ings is proba my the first waste of their Grealish money, they have 0 need for him with Watkins and he'll spend half the time on the injury table.

Ings going to Spurs for £30m to replace Kane would've made much more sense.
You can’t say 0 need for him, Wesley and Davis couldn’t hit a barn door what if Watkins gets injured or needs rested?