Danny Ings | Performances

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Very unfortunate. That also ends his Euros hope I guess.

For Liverpool, that's 2 of their 'Europa' rotation players (when everyone is fit) out for season.
They weren't even Europa players, really. Gomez had probably earned himself a starting place for PL matches, and Ings looked pretty damn lively up top with Sturridge. Both were doing really, really well :( Arguably our best two players this season.

diarm

As soon as I hear the word "cruciate" I get the shivers. Awful, awful injury for anyone, but particularly harsh for a young fella just breaking through.

Wish them both a full and speedy (as possible) recovery.

izec

Dont know why people think both injuries occured at Liverpool. Gomez injured himself in the England u21 game. It can happen, nothing to do with the way they train.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
They're fortunate that their other strikers are not injury prone....

Feel sorry for him though. Got his big break, at a bigger club than Burnley and this happens. Hope the best for the man

RU Devil

Sorry for the lad. Seemed to be getting into form too, and earned a callup by Hodgson. Now he won't get a sniff until after the Euro's.

Wonder if this will have an effect on the tribunal & his fee. Probably not, but Liverpool & Kloop are in the KRAP-per. At least it gives him a built-in excuse if the team can't get the necessary wins. Not only Ings & Gomez, but read that Benteke & Firmino aren't available this weekend.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Seems like Klopp brought his Dortmund record with him. Only the wrong one for Liverpool fans.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gutting that. Still relatively young though so hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Coach is clearly a dinosaur.

suheilsworld

Klopp having a string of bad luck. Gomez has looked quite god for them and Ings started to look consistent with Sturridge up front. Definitely a blow!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Speedy recovery for Ingsiesta, tough luck.

If (or more like when) Sturridge gets injured Liverpool are pretty fecked again, when's Benteke due back?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
They weren't even Europa players, really. Gomez had probably earned himself a starting place for PL matches, and Ings looked pretty damn lively up top with Sturridge. Both were doing really, really well :( Arguably our best two players this season.
Yea they have done well but I doubt Ings would start when both Benteke and Sturridge are fit and though Gomez has done well, it was be hard to imagine Liverpool continuing with him in PL for majority of season(league 1 to PL is a big jump, both fitness and quality wise). I was expecting Moreno to get back sooner or later.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Given the history of that club I'd not bet against either of them being rushed back into playing far too early and doing further damage

Needham

There are just a few players I really want injured - and Gomes and Ings certainly aren't 2 of them. Sad for them - sad for Liverpool
Come on then, spill the beans. Who do you want to see get really hurt?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Given the history of that club I'd not bet against either of them being rushed back into playing far too early and doing further damage
We've not really rushed Sturridge out and he's one of (if not) our best players, so I doubt we're going to be rushing back two kids when we've cover in all those positions.

Jerch

It's sad especially because of the nature of the injury.
Hope they fully recover and that the injuries don't stop them to reach the potential they had before the injuries.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Is a cruciate worse than a broken leg? Thinking of Shaw's.
Yes, much much worse. A (clean) break will heal by itself if fixed in place and a lot of times the bone actually becomes thicker and stronger at the point of break afterwards. Ligaments and cartilage damage are a nightmare, though. They require much more difficult procedures and there's a much higher risk of re-injury. Back in the 70s a knee injury like that very often (pretty much always) meant the instant end of a player's career.

Oldham

I tore my ACL playing football in March this year and had an operation a month later. This's what was done to put in a new ligament

I'm hoping to be able to play again at the start of next year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Good luck with that. I had the same op, then ruptured the graft a couple of months after I started playing again.

By the way, there's a lot of evidence that waiting 12 months to play again has the best long-term outcomes. For professional footballers it's all about getting back as quick as possible. For us mortals, we need to think about the state of our knees in old age.

Oldham

Thanks and I guess it would be wise to wait a couple of months before playing. I'm gonna consult my physio therapist before I do anything more then cycling or jogging...

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
The good news is, the longer he's out of action the better player he becomes in RAWK's eyes. If he's out for the entire season he'll be world class by the time he plays again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Thanks and I guess it would be wise to wait a couple of months before playing. I'm gonna consult my physio therapist before I do anything more then cycling or jogging...
They should put you through a rigorous assessment which you'll need to pass before you even think about kicking a ball. Lots of hops and lunges and running sideways and stuff. Rehab is a long haul but be sure to put the effort in. The stronger you get the muscles in your leg, the better supported your knee will be. With hindsight, I wasn't ready to play again. The quads on my dodgy leg were still noticeably weaker/smaller than the muscles on my other leg. I was stupid to rush back but I just missed playing so badly. Finished for good now :(

Distracted Steward

Poor timing for the lad. Steps up to Liverpool, Klopp in, England a realistic target and the Euros but a year away. He worked his way into that position as a talented and determined player.

Worse yet, it's uncertain how he'll be after this. Could very well bounce back; could come back weaker and unable to fulfill his early promise like Dean Ashton.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
For professional footballers it's all about getting back as quick as possible. For us mortals, we need to think about the state of our knees in old age.
This part is very true. Some time ago, I read an interview with an ex-player, in which he said he loved football more than anything, but the thought that he probably wouldn't be able to pick up his grandchildren aged 60 if he continued playing was too much for him. I think it was Luc Nilis but not sure.

Ozio

I tore my ACL playing football in March this year and had an operation a month later. This's what was done to put in a new ligament

I'm hoping to be able to play again at the start of next year.
I was cringing the whole time while watching this. This looks scary tbh.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This part is very true. Some time ago, I read an interview with an ex-player, in which he said he loved football more than anything, but the thought that he probably wouldn't be able to pick up his grandchildren aged 60 if he continued playing was too much for him. I think it was Luc Nilis but not sure.
I've talked to orthopaedic surgeons who reckon that the fact people are living longer and playing much more recreational sports, combined with hip/knee replacements having a finite lifespan means it won't be long before having hips and knees replaced twice in one lifetime won't be all that unusual.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Questions need to be asked about Klopp's training methods. This surely can't be a coincidence given Dortmund's injury record and now Liverpool.

Turd polisher.

saivet

Unlucky for him. He had an outside shot at making the Euros.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Questions need to be asked about Klopp's training methods. This surely can't be a coincidence given Dortmund's injury record and now Liverpool.

Turd polisher.
Why? We've had three injuries this week, but two were while with England. Only Ings' injured occured at Melwood, and isolated incidents aren't uncommon for any manager.

Of course, if Cou, Sturridge & Sakho all go down in the next few months during training, questions will no doubt be asked.

Oo0AahCantona

Enjoying injuries is pointless, i wana beat a fully fit liverpool on the regs. no excuses. Get well soon.

R'hllor

To bad for him,btw they still did not decided amount for Liverpool to play?

Oldham

They should put you through a rigorous assessment which you'll need to pass before you even think about kicking a ball. Lots of hops and lunges and running sideways and stuff. Rehab is a long haul but be sure to put the effort in. The stronger you get the muscles in your leg, the better supported your knee will be. With hindsight, I wasn't ready to play again. The quads on my dodgy leg were still noticeably weaker/smaller than the muscles on my other leg. I was stupid to rush back but I just missed playing so badly. Finished for good now :(
That's true and thanks for the advises.
I'm doing light exercises now (cycling, swimming etc...) to build the muscles up again after the operation. I lost a lot of muscles mass following the op (2 cm in girth around the thigh). But it's building up again...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's true and thanks for the advises.
I'm doing light exercises now (cycling, swimming etc...) to build the muscles up again after the operation. I lost a lot of muscles mass following the op (2 cm in girth around the thigh). But it's building up again...
I did my ACL a few years back. Couldn't believe how small my right thigh was compared to my left after the surgery.

Anyway, Ings, bad luck. I honestly mean it when I say I feel for him. A long term injury just as a new manager is coming in. He's facing a quite uncertain future as a Liverpool player.

Acole9

Outstanding
I did my ACL a few years back. Couldn't believe how small my right thigh was compared to my left after the surgery.

Anyway, Ings, bad luck. I honestly mean it when I say I feel for him. A long term injury just as a new manager is coming in. He's facing a quite uncertain future as a Liverpool player.
I agree, it could be the end of his time with them already.