Gaming Dark Souls II

JackXX

Am I meant to do the DLC stuff after finishing the main game or doesn't it really matter? I've got the souls and killed Vendrick and not really sure what to do or where to go next.

Eriku

Am I meant to do the DLC stuff after finishing the main game or doesn't it really matter? I've got the souls and killed Vendrick and not really sure what to do or where to go next.
Doesn't really matter from what I can gather. After the last boss you don't automatically go back to square one, either.

JackXX

Doesn't really matter from what I can gather. After the last boss you don't automatically go back to square one, either.
Ok thanks! I've started the Old Iron King bit. Hardest part of the game so far.

Eriku

Ok thanks! I've started the Old Iron King bit. Hardest part of the game so far.
I fecked up on that one. You get these items, I forget what they are. Firepokers or summat. You want to get them all if you don't want to be having a reaaaallly hard time with the final boss of that bit.

JackXX

I've still got a few things to do with the DLC parts but I've finished the main game now. Really good all the way through (bar that fecking poison area after the gutter!) and DS3 has shot to the top of my most wanted list. I have to say though it does make me realise how brilliant Bloodborne is. The boss fights/atmosphere/world is on another level. Hopefully DS3 is even better? :)

Woodzy

I havent played this since I got to Dragon Aerie because I need a Fragment Branch of Yore to removr the stone statue and can't be fecked to look for one. Such an irritating place to put something that requires a finite collectable.

JackXX

You should use a wiki or something to find one you're not far from the end!

edit: also I think you can get past him without one? You can in Scholar for sure

Woodzy

You should use a wiki or something to find one you're not far from the end!

edit: also I think you can get past him without one? You can in Scholar for sure
Im on Scholar. I tried for ages to get past him but couldn't figure it out.

fergosaurus

Couldn't get into this after DS1 but after giving it another go I think it's great. Arriving at Black Gulch for the first time was an experience. :lol: Just about to fight the final boss and then onto the DLC. That run to get to Velstadt is ridiculous, one or the most challenging in the series I can remember.

Ainu

Couldn't get into this after DS1 but after giving it another go I think it's great. Arriving at Black Gulch for the first time was an experience. :lol: Just about to fight the final boss and then onto the DLC. That run to get to Velstadt is ridiculous, one or the most challenging in the series I can remember.
Boss runs in DS2 base-game are pretty bad in general (Darklurker can feck off), but the DLC manages to make them look like walks in the park. I still have nightmares about some of the DLC runs. I'm not ashamed to admit I despawned all enemies along the worst runs.

On the positive side, they also have the best boss in all of DS2 with a bonfire right before it. Good times.

fergosaurus

Boss runs in DS2 base-game are pretty bad in general (Darklurker can feck off), but the DLC manages to make them look like walks in the park. I still have nightmares about some of the DLC runs. I'm not ashamed to admit I despawned all enemies along the worst runs.

On the positive side, they also have the best boss in all of DS2 with a bonfire right before it. Good times.
I didn't come across Darklurker during my playthrough, seems like it was for the best. :nervous:

fergosaurus

Just beat the bosses in cave of the dead, brutal. Had to switch back to a rapier build to get the job done and poke them to death while doing circles of the arena. Such a stressful fight. :lol: The NPC summons were quite useless, one of the rare occasions where going in alone worked out better.

fergosaurus

I'm guessing you meant
Fume Knight
? That was epic, one of the best bosses in the series. I found Burnt Ivory King was also a bastard to overcome, especially with
having to fight through all the loyce knights before he decides to show up. His aggressive pace makes it hard to heal fast enough before he's on you again"
. The entire DLC was class but I see what you mean about some of the boss runs.

Ainu

I'm guessing you meant
Fume Knight
? That was epic, one of the best bosses in the series. I found Burnt Ivory King was also a bastard to overcome, especially with
having to fight through all the loyce knights before he decides to show up. His aggressive pace makes it hard to heal fast enough before he's on you again"
. The entire DLC was class but I see what you mean about some of the boss runs.
Yup, that's the one. Tough, but also completely fair. Did you do the entire DLC, including Frigid Outskirts?

fergosaurus

Yup, that's the one. Tough, but also completely fair. Did you do the entire DLC, including Frigid Outskirts?
Yeah, not a place I'm keen to revisit anytime soon with those evil horses roaming about. :nervous: