g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darmian to Juventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We want Sandro they want Darmian it shouldn't be fecking hard to sort
Juventus are tough negotiators. They will want to pay peanuts for Darmian while asking ridiculous money for sandro

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's mind-boggling. Give them Darmian and €45m. Done. Move on.
Like last season, when we did not want to pay the asking price for Perisic, I think that we are looking for "value in the market".
It appears that the powers that be, would rather finish finish with a lower points total, while spending less money, rather than spend more money, to get more league points.

This Summer will be interesting for Jose, because if he can't persuade the powers that be, to let him buy the players he wants, then he could be sacked next Summer.

What's worrying is that our club is hyping up Dalot and the 3rd choice GK. Normally, they wouldn't bother doing this - if you are about to buy Neymar/Ronaldo, Dalot wouldn't even get a mention, for obvious reasons - but if this is the extent of our transfer dealings, it would make sense for the club to boast about these signings.

In any case, we still have about 5 more weeks of the transfer window (I think), so there is still time.

Oldyella

Juventus are tough negotiators. They will want to pay peanuts for Darmian while asking ridiculous money for sandro
Hopefully we are seeing a change in our mentality tough and not just rolling over for other clubs. With Jose and Ed we seem to have stopped giving players away for the hell of it and walking away from clubs asking crazy fees.

devilish

Hopefully we are seeing a change in our mentality tough and not just rolling over for other clubs. With Jose and Ed we seem to have stopped giving players away for the hell of it and walking away from clubs asking crazy fees.
true. However rest assured that Juventus won't bulge an inch and thanks to the FA new moronic transfer deadline we're more vulnerable then they are.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
true. However rest assured that Juventus won't bulge an inch and thanks to the FA new moronic transfer deadline we're more vulnerable then they are.
Nothing to do with the FA mate. It was the clubs themselves who voted for this. The majority of the clubs wanted this.

devilish

Nothing to do with the FA mate. It was the clubs themselves who voted for this. The majority of the clubs wanted this.
I can understand their POV as many clubs would want to start the season knowing that their players are fully committed to the cause. However, as said in other posts, this will cripple the EPL clubs big time especially the big guns whom, lets face it, put the food on the table for the rest. Take this transfer saga as an example. Juventus can hold United under ransom because they know that if shite hits fan then they can always sell Sandro to the Spanish, French or German clubs later on.

I think there should have reached a compromise ie by issuing two transfer deadlines one for internal transfers and the other for external transfers.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Most of the clubs who voted for changing the transfer window to the start of the season are regretting it. I'm not Woodward's biggest fan by any means but he call it from the off as we and 4 other clubs were the only ones voted against the change. Us, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Watford and Swansea voted against it. It was a ridiculous decision.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Most of the clubs who voted for changing the transfer window to the start of the season are regretting it. I'm not Woodward's biggest fan by any means but he call it from the off as we and 4 other clubs were the only ones voted against the change. Us, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Watford and Swansea voted against it. It was a ridiculous decision.
Seems ridiculous to implement it in a World Cup year

No Love

What's worrying is that our club is hyping up Dalot and the 3rd choice GK. Normally, they wouldn't bother doing this - if you are about to buy Neymar/Ronaldo, Dalot wouldn't even get a mention, for obvious reasons - but if this is the extent of our transfer dealings, it would make sense for the club to boast about these signings.
You think the signing and unveiling of Grant was intended to hype him up? I can scarcely recall a more understated signing in recent times. Also, your insinuation that Utd have a history of signing players for £20m and subsequently not giving them a mention is quite bizarre.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Darmian contract will expire on june 2019, then considering his performances at Utd were not that great and as player is far from being top class…. at the end of the day you can't ask big money for him, if United will earn 15 million € (Juve or whatever) it will be a miracle…

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How is this dragging out so long when Italy is not in the WC?
We want to get rid, Juve and Inter have been linked to him, just get it done. It's not like we'd get £50 million anyway.

devilish

The Italian clubs seem to want to usually take us for fools.

Inter did the same last season. I would much rather we walk away if it comes to that.
I think you need to distinguish between Juventus and the rest. Most Italian clubs are struggling to make ends meet. Their sugar daddy centred model which allowed the proliferation of nepotism at the highest levels of club administration collapsed big time during the recession as their sugar daddy/fan sold them off in a bid to cut the losses. Most of them have a worse infrastructure then the typical Championship side. I mean can you believe it that just 3 clubs in the Serie A own their own stadium?

Juventus are different because they don't need money to make ends meet. The reason behind that is historical. Basically Juventus were the first of the top clubs to abandon the sugar daddy model as the Agnelli family were more interested in Ferrari (that's were the big money was for them) then on football. While the likes of Milan and Inter were busy buying the top players, Juventus was forced to build its foundations which was built mostly by getting promising players on cheap and then sell them for top euro. When the big collapse occurred, Juventus could rely on a solid system built around meritocracy and included a great youth academy, the best scouts in the Serie A and a decent merchandising system. They are also one of the very few teams who own a stadium which is small for our standards but does give them a financial cutting edge as opposed to the other teams.

Having said that they are nowhere as rich as we are and they have developed the skill of tough negotiation and backroom deals with player's agents into an art. These guys can take the likes of Real, Bayern, AC Milan to the cleaners and make SAF look silly by snatching Pogba on a free. I won't be surprised if they have everything wrapped up with Darmian and SMS similarly to what they did with Pogba. If that's the case then its checkmate as we either sell Darmian on their terms or we will be losing him for free next summer.

Honestly I can't remember a time when anyone had outwitted Juventus in terms of transfers.

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I think you need to distinguish between Juventus and the rest. Most Italian clubs are struggling to make ends meet. Their sugar daddy centred model which allowed the proliferation of nepotism at the highest levels of club administration collapsed big time during the recession as their sugar daddy/fan sold them off in a bid to cut the losses. Most of them have a worse infrastructure then the typical Championship side. I mean can you believe it that just 3 clubs in the Serie A own their own stadium?

Juventus are different because they don't need money to make ends meet. The reason behind that is historical. Basically Juventus were the first of the top clubs to abandon the sugar daddy model as the Agnelli family were more interested in Ferrari (that's were the big money was for them) then on football. While the likes of Milan and Inter were busy buying the top players, Juventus was forced to build its foundations which was built mostly by getting promising players on cheap and then sell them for top euro. When the big collapse occurred, Juventus could rely on a solid system built around meritocracy and included a great youth academy, the best scouts in the Serie A and a decent merchandising system. They are also one of the very few teams who own a stadium which is small for our standards but does give them a financial cutting edge as opposed to the other teams.

Having said that they are nowhere as rich as we are and they have developed the skill of tough negotiation and backroom deals with player's agents into an art. These guys can take the likes of Real, Bayern, AC Milan to the cleaners and make SAF look silly by snatching Pogba on a free. I won't be surprised if they have everything wrapped up with Darmian and SMS similarly to what they did with Pogba. If that's the case then its checkmate as we either sell Darmian on their terms or we will be losing him for free next summer.

Honestly I can't remember a time when anyone had outwitted Juventus in terms of transfers.
Fair point.

But Darmian is hardly worth much to us. This would be a matter of principle. He can either go to another club if they want him or sit out the season. We did that with Bastian so it won't be anything new for us.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’m half expecting to hear any day that he’s signed a new 3+1 year contract.
LOL. Same here.

Why isn't Jose being more ruthless?
Pep was absolutely ruthless in his first season. He reduced the wage bill then bought players who he wanted. It was a gamble which paid off.
Jose just seems to be making do with what he has.

ti vu

Darmian was grouped with the kids. Look very much not in first team plan

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
PdB said we were working on a Darmian + cash deal for Sandro. That would suit everyone.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure why Juvenevwn want him, espec after signing Cancelo, but no complaints from me!

ti vu

Not sure why Juvenevwn want him, espec after signing Cancelo, but no complaints from me!
If you remember what I wrote when we discussed our stance on selling fee, then you would notice that Juventus rotate their wing back full back a lot to keep them fresh. They don't rake up as many minutes as full back starter at other clubs would. It's one if not the most stamina demanding roles in 3 at the back system which Juventus used plenty. Since past season, Juventus lost about half of their options, and with Alex Sandro seems to be off, getting Darmian is good even if they would later go out and buy another left back/wing back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you remember what I wrote when we discussed our stance on selling fee, then you would notice that Juventus rotate their wing back full back a lot to keep them fresh. They don't rake up as many minutes as full back starter at other clubs would. It's one if not the most stamina demanding roles in 3 at the back system which Juventus used plenty. Since past season, Juventus lost about half of their options, and with Alex Sandro seems to be off, getting Darmian is good even if they would later go out and buy another left back/wing back.
Makes sense.

With Liechtensteiner, Asamoah and probably Sandro leaving, they need more than one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This sale has to be the most tedious one I can remember. Normally it's us after players that last all summer, but this one takes the biscuit.

If we're not after Sandro, and it's a straight sale, it really is taking time.

Alabaster Codify7

Praying for cash&Darmian for Sandro. That'd be a big step to improving our starting 11 and resolving one of our pressing issues this summer.

el3mel

Selling both Darmian and Blind means we're surly going to sign another fullback as a replacement. Hopefully we get Sandro before PSG.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
LOL. Same here.

Why isn't Jose being more ruthless?
Pep was absolutely ruthless in his first season. He reduced the wage bill then bought players who he wanted. It was a gamble which paid off.
Jose just seems to be making do with what he has.
It's utterly ridiculous. Pep bared the team of full backs so much he had to play Delph there, yet Mourinho kept so many defenders he felt he had to play Blind at CB in the cup, leading to the evil of Lindelof at RB, rather than giving Tuanzebe the chance he deserved, not helped by picking Darmian rather than Axel on the bench.

I'd much rather have had Kolarov than Delph as backup LB last season, and he was good for Roma.

ti vu

It's utterly ridiculous. Pep bared the team of full backs so much he had to play Delph there, yet Mourinho kept so many defenders he felt he had to play Blind at CB in the cup, leading to the evil of Lindelof at RB, rather than giving Tuanzebe the chance he deserved, not helped by picking Darmian rather than Axel on the bench.

I'd much rather have had Kolarov than Delph as backup LB last season, and he was good for Roma.
Never heard of rotation? Players like Blind, Lindelof, Darmian Rojo all needs game time. Lindelof during this period was tried to help out at RB with Valencia having issue. It's understandable for him to play to build some form when we needed to rely on him for more than just one of occasion. It's rich for City supporter to criticize about not playing youth. Remember the empty seat on the bench incident? Pep bought Danilo who played plenty of games as LB before Mendy bedded in. What does it tell about Danilo signing when Delph end up being the mainstay as left back?

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're happy to not playing, and left kids from Reverse team to pick all the low profile games, and even risk getting eliminated. Look no further, just this season, L'pool, Arsenal, and Tottenham got eliminated in one or another competition when they tried to mix thing up, and in L'pool & Tottenham case, their lineup was not exactly full of youths.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
PdB said we were working on a Darmian + cash deal for Sandro. That would suit everyone.
We have been craving some news on the utd front so desperately these days. I am fecking believing PdB for a glimmer of hope. Smh

Kidders

Selling both Darmian and Blind means we're surly going to sign another fullback as a replacement. Hopefully we get Sandro before PSG.
Darmian & Blind only played 26 games between them last season, so with Shaw playing more (he only played 14), Dalot chipping in with 12 or so (maybe more) then we don't 'need' to sign a full back, Rojo, Mitchell and TFM are all part of the mix too.
I do agree we should sign a better FB than any of those mentioned.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Like last season, when we did not want to pay the asking price for Perisic, I think that we are looking for "value in the market".
It appears that the powers that be, would rather finish finish with a lower points total, while spending less money, rather than spend more money, to get more league points.

This Summer will be interesting for Jose, because if he can't persuade the powers that be, to let him buy the players he wants, then he could be sacked next Summer.

In any case, we still have about 5 more weeks of the transfer window (I think), so there is still time.
I think you are misreading things. Both Grant and Dalot got small token media videos. No big graphics, no production cost.

I think we've reached a point it would be rude to not do something for a new first team squad player.

It annoys me when people mention Grant as a 'signing', as if takes up a potential other signing. He is an addition to the squad or put simply an insurance policy, whilst we invest in our youth to send out Joel on loan.

Dalot sounds like the real deal, albeit younger. So people should appreciate this, albeit balanced in the category of young talent, rather than instahit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wow, what a way to twist and make a point. Every new signing will get a decent video, if it's Ronaldo or Neymar, it would be ridiculously awesome video but Dalot and Grant got just a welcome type videos.

They haven't hyped anyone, they just welcomed the new players to the club. Any club would do the same.

United Pro

Darmian & Blind only played 26 games between them last season, so with Shaw playing more (he only played 14), Dalot chipping in with 12 or so (maybe more) then we don't 'need' to sign a full back, Rojo, Mitchell and TFM are all part of the mix too.
Yeah agreed. In terms of quantity, we have enough full backs even if Darmian follows the door with Blind. But, it's quality full backs that we're lacking. If we brought in Sandro, then I'd loan out Mitchell and TFM. We'd then have Sandro, Young, Shaw and Rojo that can play LB and Valencia, Dalot and Young that can play RB. That's plenty of options (if not one too many).

Kidders

Yeah agreed. In terms of quantity, we have enough full backs even if Darmian follows the door with Blind. But, it's quality full backs that we're lacking. If we brought in Sandro, then I'd loan out Mitchell and TFM. We'd then have Sandro, Young, Shaw and Rojo that can play LB and Valencia, Dalot and Young that can play RB. That's plenty of options (if not one too many).
Jose only really used 24 players in all competitions last season, so I guess in an ideal world it's two players for each position and another 2/3 utility players, so yes it's probably one too many.

el3mel

Dalot won't even be present at start of the season, same as Young. We are entering the season with only 2 FBs available for the first 2-3 games and even later, Dalot is just under experiment this season.

Darmian and Blind were still squad options present on need. We aren't going to sell them without adding at least one for squad depth.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
Dalot won't even be present at start of the season, same as Young. We are entering the season with only 2 FBs available for the first 2-3 games and even later, Dalot is just under experiment this season.

Darmian and Blind were still squad options present on need. We aren't going to sell them without adding at least one for squad depth.
Tuanzebe and TFM and even Mitchell can be used for squad depth and played in cups, maybe the odd league start against a non-top 6 team.

Havak

Pokemon master
Hope this one gets done soon. Regardless of whether Darmian and Blind were decent squad players, they had to be top of everyone's list to sell this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.