Darren Fletcher's future

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
Seeing we have Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves and sometimes even O'shea&Giggs playing central midfield it makes me wonder if there will be any room for Fletcher. Last season he has some really good games and I thought maybe he could step up and get even more games this season. In Scotland he's God himself and SAF have really put a lot of faith in him. I believe we haven't seen the best of Fletcher yet but with the lack of games and opportunities it looks unlikely for him to get closer to the team. Now with Scholes out for some time he should be able to compete with the other guys on the stage. What do you guys think his future will be?
Fletcher will get games. The season is young yet. More Injuries will kick in. And as we get more successful, and fixtures pile up, more of the big name midfielders will rest. Fletcher will get as many games as one O'shea does. Especially in the busy Christmas-Feburary period. Thus believes the chief:cool:
Its like i said some time ago chief. i take no pleasure in being correct (again)

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
still deluding yourself I can see..You will start being right if the end of season reaches and Fletcher has got less than 10 games. as you claimed...the clock is ticking...
cant remember bit I think the exact thing i said was he'll be lucky to get 10 league starts. but twist away, im used to it.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Butt/Neville soon.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
I don't see it happening I think himself and O'Shea will end up staying put.
Doubt they'll both stay.

Personally, I rate Fletcher as a better footballer than Sheasy, but he's got the versatility on his side and he'll get his share of games no matter what.

Fletch isn't guaranteed that and he is simply too talented to sit on the bench every week.

kanchelskis14

I'd much rather O'Shea left before Fletcher, he's terrible. It frustrates me when Sheasy plays midfield ahead of Fletch. After last season's experiment, i'd go as far as saying Fletcher is even better than O'Shea at right-back.

Anyway, wouldn't be suprised if Fletcher left, he obviously won't get a look-in here, with Carrick, Anderson and Hargreaves ahead of him and young enough. Queiroz even said Veloso would become a priority if one of them left, so even if Carrick did depart as some are suggesting, Fletcher may still have no room.

Personally, i have no real view on this. We'd survive if we lost Fletcher, he won't disrupt much if he stays, so i basically couldn't care less.

B Cantona

Desperate
How things have changed huh....

Remember Roma 7-1 last year? Who the feck was partnering carrick huh?

Fletch looked good in the home milan game too...didn't look out of place against the likes of gattuso
He had a very good game, probably his best for United. I'd say it's quite easy to look good when your team mates are all contributing towards a rout though. Some kind of weird urban myth seems to have it that Fletcher was fundimental to us winning that game. You don't win 7-1 against anyone with only one man performing, takes the entire team to be on song

O'Shea is quality. He can play anywhere. ANYWHERE. And he can regularly pop up and score vital goals that win you key games. That's what you want in a substitute

kanchelskis14

He had a very good game, probably his best for United. I'd say it's quite easy to look good when your team mates are all contributing towards a rout though. Some kind of weird urban myth seems to have it that Fletcher was fundimental to us winning that game. You don't win 7-1 against anyone with only one man performing, takes the entire team to be on song

O'Shea is quality. He can play anywhere. ANYWHERE. And he can regularly pop up and score vital goals that win you key games. That's what you want in a substitute
O'Shea isn't good. Granted he gets the odd goal, but isn't a particularly good centre-half, full-back or midfielder. He's just ordinary at all. I'm sure iif we played Fletch at right-back and left-back, he'll be average there too. Sheasy's versatility is keeping him at the club, although he's fairly poor in every role.

Fletcher's a lot better than him.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I agree.
Love Oshea for his heroics at anfield but he is a poor footballer for me. Having seem him play live, it's sometimes cringeworthy when he tries to pass the ball, he is no composure at all on the ball. He slows down our attack whether played in MF or RB.

B Cantona

Desperate
O'Shea isn't good. Granted he gets the odd goal, but isn't a particularly good centre-half, full-back or midfielder. He's just ordinary at all. I'm sure iif we played Fletch at right-back and left-back, he'll be average there too. Sheasy's versatility is keeping him at the club, although he's fairly poor in every role.

Nah that's nonsense. Give him a few games consistantly in any of those roles and he'll look the part. Anyone is going to look slightly off pace just coming into to a game playing different positions after not having played 5 games on the trot. But O'Shea can do it better than most. He's quality in my book, highly underated. It is his versatility that keeps him at the club, but how many players do you know as good, as versitile, and as loyal? With a cracking attitude to boot

REd FUn DevIl

Fletcher future its ok but by now his chances are limited cause there are 4 players ahead of him in the pecking order, he will get games cause Fergie care about all the players and want everybody happy to contribute.

When Scholes retires its gonna be just 4 players on midfield so his future is ok with us... Stop thinking about Veloso and other silly transfers that are just rumours.

kanchelskis14

Nah that's nonsense. Give him a few games consistantly in any of those roles and he'll look the part. Anyone is going to look slightly off pace just coming into to a game playing different positions after not having played 5 games on the trot. But O'Shea can do it better than most. He's quality in my book, highly underated. It is his versatility that keeps him at the club, but how many players do you know as good, as versitile, and as loyal? With a cracking attitude to boot
His versatility for me, is perhaps hindering the chances of others who are better than him in each role, or at least potentially. The likes of Evans, Simpson, Pique and Fletcher should all be in the team ahead of O'Shea in their respective roles for me.

He just looks so uncomfortable with the ball, even worse than Heinze. He has a dodgy control and his passing is also poor. Which is enough to make him a poor footballer in my view.

Merman

Oshea was a great fullback in THAT season. He was probably better than evra.

CantonaVeron

This is spot on O'Shea is very under-rated he comes in and does a good job in a number of positions sure he can have the odd bad game but thats because he is shifted about so much. When he first broke through and had a run at left back he was excellent, when we had trouble in central midfield and he had a run in there he was quality too. He never complains and is a excellent member of the squad, plus he has just signed a new long term contract so Ferguson obviously see's this too. I also notice he seems to be a very popular figure in the dressing room something often over looked by some people.

DA2

Another Caffer missing the point...... I do find it ridicuolus when I read how squad players arent the WC icons they think they should be.

OShea is a great player to have around simply because he can play LB, RB, CB, CM and at a push target striker and stand in goalie!!! The fact that he isnt great (but neither is he terrible) at any one of those positions totally misses the point - what is the point is that not a single member of the squad has his versatility.

He has saved our bacon in times of injury crisis more times than I care to remember..... unfortunately a lot of Caffers only care that he cant dribble round 5 players and score from 30 yards.

If we foolishly decided to sell him he'd be snapped us so quickly it would make your head spin.....

Godfather

Much prefer him in midfield to O Shea but O Shea is more versatile. It could be that Carrick may end up leaving if he isn't playing enough though(if Hargreaves was to steer clear of injuries)
I prefer him to Oshea, but I think it wouldnt be the best thing to sell Carrick.
Hargreaves is a little bit injury-prone, so you cant 100% rely on him. What really makes me wonder, is why we are actually behind Veloso. Of course, he has skills and has talent, but we really have enough player on that position, me thinks.

Godfather

I agree.
Love Oshea for his heroics at anfield but he is a poor footballer for me. Having seem him play live, it's sometimes cringeworthy when he tries to pass the ball, he is no composure at all on the ball. He slows down our attack whether played in MF or RB.
well I must agree with you. And i have to add, that I personally really like brown much more as a rb, than him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
cant remember bit I think the exact thing i said was he'll be lucky to get 10 league starts. but twist away, im used to it.
You've basically restated what you had said earlier: that it would the equivalent ofa footballing miracle for Fletcher to get 10 games this season. (Which lucky means by the way). Meanwhile, the season isn't half way thorugh and you are already claiming to be right. And according to you "I'm twisting away"

I really wonder sometimes if ever understand what your saying when you are on an attempt to look clever...

kanchelskis14

Another Caffer missing the point...... I do find it ridicuolus when I read how squad players arent the WC icons they think they should be.

OShea is a great player to have around simply because he can play LB, RB, CB, CM and at a push target striker and stand in goalie!!! The fact that he isnt great (but neither is he terrible) at any one of those positions totally misses the point - what is the point is that not a single member of the squad has his versatility.

He has saved our bacon in times of injury crisis more times than I care to remember..... unfortunately a lot of Caffers only care that he cant dribble round 5 players and score from 30 yards.

If we foolishly decided to sell him he'd be snapped us so quickly it would make your head spin.....
Don't give me your condescending bollocks. I'm well aware 'Shea does not have to be up for World Player of the Year. That said, he should be able to control and pass well enough to play for United. Did i not say i rate Fletch a lot higher? Is Fletch a world beater?

Alan Smith was 'snapped up so quickly' as soon as he was available, but he's also evidently quite poor, as he's shown at Newcastle. People think that because squad players don't have to be as good as straters, any level is acceptable. Fact is, squaddies start just as many games as regulars over the course of a season in many cases. If the gap in quality is too big, we'd obviously lose out.

Again, i'd rather Fletch stay than O'Shea if it were a choice. As you may well know, none of them are top drawer.

DA2

Don't give me your condescending bollocks. I'm well aware 'Shea does not have to be up for World Player of the Year. That said, he should be able to control and pass well enough to play for United. Did i not say i rate Fletch a lot higher? Is Fletch a world beater?

Alan Smith was 'snapped up so quickly' as soon as he was available, but he's also evidently quite poor, as he's shown at Newcastle. People think that because squad players don't have to be as good as straters, any level is acceptable. Fact is, squaddies start just as many games as regulars over the course of a season in many cases. If the gap in quality is too big, we'd obviously lose out.

Again, i'd rather Fletch stay than O'Shea if it were a choice. As you may well know, none of them are top drawer.

Fact is..... OShea is quite obviously good enough for the role he fulfills at MUFC as evidenced by the fact that SAF himself has offered him a new contract. If he was sub-standard SAF isnt one to let sentiment get in the way of things.....

Now unless you know any better than SAF then its clear that you should be quiet.

redevil2

Bringing old threads up is just daft.
It's not daft, in the sense that when people try to engage in conversation, discussion, from time to time you have to know his or her track records to show how credible that person is. It actually makes better sense people can't just show up and talk rubbish without thinking of consequences. Fine, time moves on and it proves people wrong, but then most of the time, it's not because of the time factor.

Internet is a funny thing, it's not like friends talking face to face and recall old time discussion (when chatting). But the beauty of being around Redcafe is, you actually can relate to people, who you are talking to and relate to previous conversation, when you can say, 'you know what? Some time ago you said such and such, and you were spot on!' or vice versa. This is not just a forum where people come and go, and you can't discuss matters in more depth!