Darts

Deery

Dreary
Ah wanted Price to win battled so hard but Smith looks odds on to win it now…

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Hope him or Wade win it now.

Crowd really are despicable this year don't like to see that against anyone.

Fts 74

Wade next for Smith similar to Price just hangs in there, I don't know who wins that one.

I think the winner is in the other semi final.

F-Red

Great match, semi finals are looking tasty now. It’ll be either Wade or Smith that wins it.

Fts 74

Smith said there was one person who kept shouting his name surely stewards or having spotters in the crowd would help identify persistent offenders and kick them out.

cyberman

it seems to be getting worse
Booing has been going on for a while. I think they’re just making a bigger deal about it now because enough is enough.
It’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle, they even boos for Price in the artificial crowd noise last year for feck sake.

DavidDeSchmikes

Booing has been going on for a while. I think they’re just making a bigger deal about it now because enough is enough.
It’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle, they even boos for Price in the artificial crowd noise last year for feck sake.
and the final is now going to be England v Scotland

LDUred

Smith has had two incredible wins, against Jonny Clayton and now Price.

It's about whether that has taken its toll on him mentally or just added to his self-belief.

Gary Anderson seems to have grown into the tournament and I would say he's the favourite of the four.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've never liked Smith because he's always whinged like hell about anything not going his way but it seems he's grown up and I'm taking to him now.

He's so good to watch in full flow.

croadyman

I've never liked Smith because he's always whinged like hell about anything not going his way but it seems he's grown up and I'm taking to him now.

He's so good to watch in full flow.
Yeah will admit in past years I thought is he going to be a Jenkins/Chisnall and not win a big TV major, however he showed a lot of guts to stay with Price tonight when behind in the game

Bondi77

Do they sell full strength beer and spirits at the darts or are most of these morons tanked up before they get in?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The crowd are bad this year, worse than normal. The football chanting is about what exactly?
I'd say about 95% of them are only there for the session anyway. Darts? What Darts?

Swedish_Plumber

The crowd are bad this year, worse than normal. The football chanting is about what exactly?
I'd say about 95% of them are only there for the session anyway. Darts? What Darts?
Scotland getting battered everywhere they go apparently. Despite, you know, having two representatives in the semis :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Scotland getting battered everywhere they go apparently. Despite, you know, having two representatives in the semis :lol:
There is another strange thing about the darts and the world class players.
They are mainly from UK or Netherlands. Why is that?

John Part from Canada and Whitlock from Australia are the outliers to have competed in a PDC final.
Part from Canada is the only player that isnt from UK or Holland to win it.

Even the BDO back to the 70s is pretty much the same, mostly UK players at the top with the odd dutchman winning and one Australian. Its a very British game I think.

ChrisNelson

Imagine having had tickets for last night!

2 all time classic matches (and there’s been a few this year) and a 9 darter!

Proper value for money!

I think Price’s trouble is he makes himself so hard to like. The way he explodes and booms out after every 180 or leg, it’s so over the top.

That coupled with the tiffs he’s had over the years, I don’t see how he can expect to have the crowd on his side.

Having said that I still think the crowds are getting worse year on year for the intensity of how they treat certain players.

For me, if I was there and Price was playing I’d just cheer the opponent louder and not really cheer when he won - a bit like watching United!

But obviously I’d still respect and cheer the 9 darter!

Zen

There is another strange thing about the darts and the world class players.
They are mainly from UK or Netherlands. Why is that?
Um, tough one to answer given Pool and Bowling massive in America but not so much anywhere. Hard to truly answer I guess... It's hardly like you can't find a dart board in random ass countries either, you had one in a recent Final Fantasy game :lol:

Just culture isn't it I guess.