Darts

Chipper

Adulterer.
Crowd are pathetic again.
What do they have against Wright, is he generally not liked? Haven't really watched darts in quite few years. I know who he is but he hadn't really had his major breakthrough when I was more into it.

Think Peter Manley and James Wade were the main two that the crowds didn't like when I used to watch more often.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What do they have against Wright, is he generally not liked? Haven't really watched darts in quite few years. I know who he is but he hadn't really had his major breakthrough when I was more into it.

Think Peter Manley and James Wade were the main two that the crowds didn't like when I used to watch more often.
I'm new to this and just assuming they boo anyone who isn't English.

Fts 74

I always thought he was, maybe they just want Rydz to win.

It's a great game Rydz finishing has been incredible.

paulscholes18

1st time I remember Wright being booed, usually he’s the crowd favourite. Guessing it’s because it’s Scotland vs England

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

They've been after anyone "foreign" against the English players all tournament - but really trying to put them off on doubles is poor.

The joke is on them as Wright is about as Scottish as me.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Cheers for all the answers about Wright!

Picked a great night to tune in, what a match.

ChrisNelson

Embarrassing from the crowd but then I expect nothing less, the place is full of knuckle heads half the time.

Hope Wright can come through this.

ChrisNelson

Another classic match, and I thought the Price - Smith match would be the highlight!

Come on England in the second match!

DOTA

Oh shit I've just realised Price is gonna get dog's abuse now isn't he.
It's fun with Price, though. He plays with them. With people who don't it's just a bit grim.

ChrisNelson

If I was Price I’d go all Mervyn King and stick some ear plugs in!

I don’t like the guy at all, his antics on stage are ridiculously OTT but the crowd should respect all players while they’re playing.

DOTA

So of those we've got left is it just Wade that hasn't really shown the form yet to be considered as having a good chance of the title?

ChrisNelson

Wade has won his last 2 matches without dropping a set and has played in a final before.

Discount him at your peril!

CallyRed

It should go back to the old days of utter silence when darts are being thrown. Proper darts that. Remember the likes of John Lowe telling people to be quiet.

DOTA

It should go back to the old days of utter silence when darts are being thrown. Proper darts that. Remember the likes of John Lowe telling people to be quiet.
I'm imagining this was with crowds of about 50.

Fts 74

Great first game Wright showed his experience and class that 136 checkout to make it 3-3 was right out of the top drawer 60 d18 d20.

Rydz just faltered slightly but we'll be seeing a lot more of him.

The crowds behaviour has definitely got worse the past few years, I feel its the premier league in massive venues attracting more of the football fan type, although the darts weren't on the same level, the BDO world champs at the lakeside was a much quieter affair as it was mainly darts players who went to watch.

We're all for a great atmosphere, I used to go regularly to the UK open in Bolton and I can honestly say in the main the crowds were respectful.

Just my opinion, but the Pdc's push to move to bigger venues has had an effect.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Mardle pisses me off when commentating on Price. I get a real sense of bias from him every time

Fts 74

I don't mind Price tbf, he used to annoy me with his antics on stage but I'm happy to ignore it considering the stick he gets.

If Smith hits his doubles he has a chance as his scoring is great.