Darts

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Ok he’s got it together

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
MVG in such odd form, he's kind of been in his 2015-2017 beast mode for large parts of this until it's time to finsh.

cyberman

Feel like that sums him up as a whole, flashes of his brilliant best.
Just like everyone else these days. The finishing shows the player, the mentality isn’t there anymore even if he can sum up the scoring every other game in every other tournament

ChrisNelson

Gerwyn Price actually seems a nice guy, Warming to him
I'd like to warm to him, but he makes it so difficult.

By all accounts he's actually quite a nice guy off the oche.

But I don't like his on-stage antics, the constant and massively OTT reactions to 180s and winning legs/ sets.

I know they're all at it to a certain extent, at that level with so much at stake it's bound to get a bit emotional.

But I just feel like he can be a bit too much at times and if he calmed down a bit he would be a lot more popular and not get booed anymore.

That's just how he is though, it's his character and something he probably can't switch on and off at will.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Finally watched semi and final highlights. Thought Price would win with the form he was in.
MVG not blowing people away like old but defo refound battling qualities with those three tonne plus finishes in last four legs. He's still quality.

paulscholes18

Pleased for Keegan Brown to get his pro tour win yesterday, all his hard work for the NHS in the past 2 and a bit years meant that his ranking had slipped and was in danger of losing his tour card.

paulscholes18

Beau Greaves played in her first woman series events, won them both and had the top 6 highest averages in the day.

Went back to back again today, now just £1800 behind Fallon for a World Championship place, but only 4 events left.

Last edited:

sallycinnamin

World series of darts
QF from 12 midday on ITV4

Semi finals and final from 6pm on ITV3 at 6pm
Clayton and Smith playing very well
Clayton rediscovering better form.

Jippy

Staff
World series of darts
QF from 12 midday on ITV4

Semi finals and final from 6pm on ITV3 at 6pm
Clayton and Smith playing very well
Clayton rediscovering better form.
I watched a bit on a stream last night but missed Smith vs Wright cos it was on after 3am here.
Shame Wright's out, he seemed to be finally finding some form.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Fun match between MVG and Clayton. So back and forth. Clayton suddenly looking great

Jippy

Staff
Dunno if anyone watched any of the Belgian Open last night, but Huybrecht's 134 checkout to beat MVG was immense.

Was such a weird leg with MVG miles ahead having busted checkout attempts on 40 two or three times rather than go for double 5. Huybrechts had been throwing practice darts going for double top it seemed, waiting for MVG to clean it up and take it to the deciding leg. Eventually Huybrechts got down to a finish and pulled this out:lol:
Must have been a 21-darter or worse.

cyberman

I know Sky likes to build their coverage around one player but it’s refreshing to see open tournaments in the modern era. MVG is just like the rest of them, hard to beat when on form but it depends on form

Jippy

Staff
I know Sky likes to build their coverage around one player but it’s refreshing to see open tournaments in the modern era. MVG is just like the rest of them, hard to beat when on form but it depends on form
It's way more interesting than when you had Wade, RVB and Anderson feeding on Taylor's scraps.
You have at least eight players who could win a major on merit and without anyone really being really surprised.

paulscholes18

The draw for the Grand Prix has been made
MVG V Gando
Cullen V Heta
Smith V Asp
Jose V Lewis
Chizzy V Dimi
Clayton V DVD

sallycinnamin

Was full sure it was on CityWest Dublin. That's two years in a row missing out. Probably would have gone to it.

sallycinnamin

Think it’s in Leicester full time now, it’s Leicester again next year.
Didn't know it was Leicester full time.
When I got to go a good few years ago for Semi Finals she says you might as well might not get the chance again. She was right haven't been since and now in Leicester no chance at all!
Still enjoying it tonight some opening night.

sallycinnamin

Think it’s in Leicester full time now, it’s Leicester again next year.
Saw the reason or reasons for this only this morning. The HSE or Health Service Executive has a two year lease to accomadate people in relation to the Ukrainian conflict. Impossible to find another 7-10 day event with 4 months notice. Anyway hopefully will return to Dublin at some point.

sallycinnamin

All 3-2 last set deciders last night.
What's people's thoughts on the set format?
Very rarely it comes up, Bunting loses that match normally 13-7 but in the end was 3-2 in sets.
Been alright so far but waiting for it to really ignite.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All 3-2 last set deciders last night.
What's people's thoughts on the set format?
Very rarely it comes up, Bunting loses that match normally 13-7 but in the end was 3-2 in sets.
Been alright so far but waiting for it to really ignite.
I like it, also like the double-in start.

Strong showing from Dimi so far, after his very disappointing performance in Belgium. Hopefully it continues against Snakebite.