Darts

paulscholes18

Fantastic achievement and real watershed moment. Won’t be easy for anyone to play her now because she is guaranteed the crowd.
To me the PDC really need to stamp out the booing when they are going for the doubles, but unfortunately they let it get too far to do anything about it.

The 1st half was just a quality game of darts both around the 100 mark, then the nerves kicked in and Fallon held her nerve better than Ted did. If she played like that with the form Mensur is in she has a great chance.
No reasons why a female (or more) can’t get into the top 32 one day as it’s a mental sport rather than a physical one. Hopefully Fallon goes to Q school in January will have a great chance of getting a tour card.

De Zwann survives a match dart to beat Young

ChrisNelson

To me the PDC really need to stamp out the booing when they are going for the doubles, but unfortunately they let it get too far to do anything about it.

The 1st half was just a quality game of darts both around the 100 mark, then the nerves kicked in and Fallon held her nerve better than Ted did. If she played like that with the form Mensur is in she has a great chance.
No reasons why a female (or more) can’t get into the top 32 one day as it’s a mental sport rather than a physical one. Hopefully Fallon goes to Q school in January will have a great chance of getting a tour card.

De Zwann survives a match dart to beat Young
I agree on both counts.

Mensur's record in the Worlds is pretty average, as is constantly pointed out by the pundits.

With regards the booing I also thought this was wrong. It's one thing cheering on Sherrock, of course she was always going to be the crowd favourite - they wanted to see history.

But Ted did nothing to deserve the booing when he was throwing and going for doubles, sure don't cheer him if you don't want to but no need to actually boo. I was expecting an announcement from Russ Bray to ask the crowd to respect both players but like you say it would probably have fallen on deaf ears anyway.

I think in the future a lot more players will follow Mervyn King's lead and wear ear plugs.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I agree on both counts.

Mensur's record in the Worlds is pretty average, as is constantly pointed out by the pundits.

With regards the booing I also thought this was wrong. It's one thing cheering on Sherrock, of course she was always going to be the crowd favourite - they wanted to see history.

But Ted did nothing to deserve the booing when he was throwing and going for doubles, sure don't cheer him if you don't want to but no need to actually boo. I was expecting an announcement from Russ Bray to ask the crowd to respect both players but like you say it would probably have fallen on deaf ears anyway.

I think in the future a lot more players will follow Mervyn King's lead and wear ear plugs.
A lot of the booing also stems from the audience having had a bet on a player.

sallycinnamin

Makes you wonder why there aren't a lot more tournaments featuring The set format. You could be 8 legs to 3 down but only down 2-1 down in set format.

sallycinnamin

Van De Pas v Clemens should be good and Wade v Edhouse also. 9 darter miss on double 12 Kurz for 100k

paulscholes18

Makes you wonder why there aren't a lot more tournaments featuring The set format. You could be 8 legs to 3 down but only down 2-1 down in set format.
Think it’s to keep the worlds that bit more special. If you look at the other 2 set formats (that I can think of) there’s something different about them, Grand Prix (double start) world masters (best of 3 to a set)

Liked the look of Kurz, to play like that on not only your tv debut but on the world stage, definitely one to keep an eye on over the next couple of years

sallycinnamin

Outside of the matches this afternoon I can't wait for Chisnall v Van De Voort and Price v O, Connor.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Van de voort vs chisnall, feckin hell the first set was a shambles! 27 darts to finish one leg! Van de voort missed 6 darts at a double while chisnall was 250 behind, chisnall won that leg and took the set.

paulscholes18

Kurz KO’s Cullen
Very nice uncomplicated throw, very similar to Steve Beaten, not a lot can go wrong with it, Luke Humphries next for him, winner gets Noppy or Kimmy, both will fancy their chances of getting to the QF

paulscholes18

Wright survives a match dart to win
Malicdem must be kicking himself 9 darts from 136 and 0 darts at a double

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I still find it mental how darts players are like some kind of boxer / WWE wrestler hybrid when they enter. Then on stage they become a strongman if they win a difficult leg screaming and shouting like they've just finished the atlas stones.

Also, who the feck do they always point at in the crowd when they win a leg and why?

Not knocking it, I just find it all mental :lol:

paulscholes18

I still find it mental how darts players are like some kind of boxer / WWE wrestler hybrid when they enter. Then on stage they become a strongman if they win a difficult leg screaming and shouting like they've just finished the atlas stones.

Also, who the feck do they always point at in the crowd when they win a leg and why?

Not knocking it, I just find it all mental :lol:
Pointing to the family section.

Already been 6 170 c/o, twice as many as the whole of last years worlds

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It time to mix the men's and women's darts completely? Abolish the women's tournaments and just group them all together, even first round wins would make more for the women than the current setup. It's not like there is any physical advantage for men over women in darts.

Same as snooker tbh, I can't see why those sports can't be mixed?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Done it well played to her
You gotta give the crowd credit too, the way they boo'd mensur on his pressure shots. Absolute dog shit the crowd wasn't told to shut the feck up.

The way she checked out was immense though, her interviews are absolute garbage though :lol: it's turned into a bit of a circus at the minute. Can't wait till the circus leaves and a woman playing a man is just the norm.