Darts

paulscholes18

Did you see Humphries v Wattemina? Was at work missed a cracker by the sounds of it.
One of the best, best of 5 sets matches I’ve seen, was strange how they kept winning legs in chunks until the final set. Wattimena won the first 4 legs, Humphries won the next 4 (won the set with 35 darts from 0-1) Wattimena then won the next 4, and Humphries won the next 4, they then kept holing their throw in the final set until 4-4 (humphries missed a dart at bull for the match to win the set 4-2). Wattimena then broke to go 5-4 Humphries then banged in a 12 darter, he went on to win the won the bull and had a good leg to win the match

paulscholes18

Never knew women were in this? Is this the first year?
No, Lisa Ashton and Anastasia were in it last year and Anastasia also played in 2008

Richardson tried his best to lose that from 2-0 up in legs and sets needing a final leg shootout to win

ChrisNelson

Now smiths gone. Calling it now MVG V Price final is a certainty
Would almost be a surprise if it isn't...

The only thing that could stop MvG beating Klaasen was himself really. I was quite surprised when I read the reasons for them not getting on, I reckon Klaasen may be in for some boos going forward.

Now he's got that out of the way I think he will be buzzing, and Price is just having a fantastic year.

Couple of big shocks so far but shows you the amazing punditry, first thing Wayne Mardle said on opening night was this will be the year where all the big guns go deep and there won't be many shocks.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Would almost be a surprise if it isn't...

The only thing that could stop MvG beating Klaasen was himself really. I was quite surprised when I read the reasons for them not getting on, I reckon Klaasen may be in for some boos going forward.

Now he's got that out of the way I think he will be buzzing, and Price is just having a fantastic year.

Couple of big shocks so far but shows you the amazing punditry, first thing Wayne Mardle said on opening night was this will be the year where all the big guns go deep and there won't be many shocks.
The Klaasen thing goes back years. They even removed him from the World Cup when he would have been alongside MvG one time. These days he's not really on tv enough for anyone to notice and MvG has not acklowledged him for many years now.

Mardle doesn't half talk some bollocks - nice fella met him a few times but his punditry is awful.

paulscholes18

Couple of real youngsters in the BDO world championships
13 year old Leighton Bennett is playing Scott Mitchell
15 year old Beau Greaves she is seeded 6 in the woman’s world championship

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why is Nasser Hussain commentating in the Darts World Championship? That's something I never expected.

EDIT: Oh, it's to promote England's test series.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Couple of real youngsters in the BDO world championships
13 year old Leighton Bennett is playing Scott Mitchell
15 year old Beau Greaves she is seeded 6 in the woman’s world championship
They're in the main draw? Credit to them, but it's taking the BDO's de facto role as the grass roots of the sport rather literally.

paulscholes18

They're in the main draw? Credit to them, but it's taking the BDO's de facto role as the grass roots of the sport rather literally.
Yes main draw, Leighton is a quality player, he averaged more in the youth final than Waites and Unterbuchner did in their semi final, but he is a more annoying version of Gerwyn Price

Played each other in the final of the England open

Last edited:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yes main draw, Leighton is a quality player, he averaged more in the youth final than Waites and Unterbuchner did in their semi final, but he is a more annoying version of Gerwyn Price

Played each other in the final of the England open

They've both clearly got talent. Might have to force myself to watch a bit of BDO this year.
I see you what you mean about his celebrations when he hits 180 though.

ChrisNelson

Fantastic achievement and real watershed moment. Won’t be easy for anyone to play her now because she is guaranteed the crowd.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Great win for her and a great moment for the competition and the sport.

Did feel kind of bad for Evetts. He was not comfortable with 10k people booing him consistently for no fault of his own.