Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His movement looks good & the chances they create mean he’ll score. Had a good impact.

The ITV commentary lovefest is over the top though.

iamking

Well it was fun while it lasted! Had my Pool friends crying for a few weeks... Now time for Mr Haaland and my City friends .... (LOL) Jumping to the Haaland thread

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looks pretty poor to me. Very lucky that City defender was an oaf and Haaland out Donkey’d him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looked good when he came on. I think he’ll score goals for us. We create too much for him not to.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Workhorse, very good movement, will get goals. Will miss a lot of chances too but the ability to get chances is more important than finishing anyway.

Still have serious doubts about his technique in general play. And they payed a lot for someone with those doubts. So he will need to get a lot of goals.

redcucumber

Missed a one on one, got incredibly lucky with a shanked header hitting Dias' arm but people are already spaffing their loads over him. Classic Scouse

Maureen-yo

Workhorse, very good movement, will get goals. Will miss a lot of chances too but the ability to get chances is more important than finishing anyway.

Still have serious doubts about his technique in general play. And they payed a lot for someone with those doubts. So he will need to get a lot of goals.
How did that work out for Werner?

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
What Ive learned today:

1.Nunez is a tap in merchant. He will need 10 chances to score 1. Yeah he will score goals against the lower oppo but any decent defence wraps him up. City defence was terrible today.
2. Haaland is all I hoped and prayed for. A big bully who will struggle in Peps formation and struggle in the prem. A big overrated dafty.

All in all, its cheered me up watching that. Liverpool weaker without Mane. City weaker with Haaland

Robbie Boy

Reminds me of Chicharito. Very clumsy player who will score due to the fact he plays in a team that will create for fun.
He'll obviously score some goals, but he's a-bit wank and will never be worth what they paid for him.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Why spend that money though?
Probably because we needed a striker? Maybe we should’ve asked Villa for Danny Ings back. I saw someone suggest Patrick Bamford instead of a young player who scored 30+ last season including 6 in the CL.

If he scores goals then what does his price tag matter?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Certainly plays for a better club and less ugly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably because we needed a striker? Maybe we should’ve asked Villa for Danny Ings back. I saw someone suggest Patrick Bamford instead of a young player who scored 30+ last season including 6 in the CL.

If he scores goals then what does his price tag matter?
No why spend £85m on Nunez. What does he have which is so unique? He’s clearly got a poor touch and his finishing looks inconsistent to say the least.

He will score goals as you create plenty but begs the question why pick him when you can pick a player up who does exactly what he does and more for less money?!

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
It's obvious from miles away that this guy is very good at finding position and times his run consitently well. Even his touch is rather erratic, he'll still create chaos at the back. Liverpool's forwards have been doing my head in with their indecisiveness. Nuñez is quick at getting his shot in. Goes in or richocets, just fecking shoot. He's been pretty good if not spectacular. Interesting battle with that Haaland lad.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No why spend £85m on Nunez. What does he have which is so unique? He’s clearly got a poor touch and his finishing looks inconsistent to say the least.

He will score goals as you create plenty but begs the question why pick him when you can pick a player up who does exactly what he does and more for less money?!
Who was available this summer when we needed a striker? I don’t think there’s a large pool of players to pick from in this window.

largelyworried

Hard to reconcile what the commentator was saying with what I was watching. Looked pretty poor to me, missing two straightforward headers at first, but got lucky with one hitting the defender's arm when it was sailing miles wide. Ironically if it were on target it wouldn't have hit his hand. Scored at the end but could hardly miss. Still, sure he'll do well for them.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool spending decent money on a striker. Until it stops working I’m going with it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Hard to reconcile what the commentator was saying with what I was watching. Looked pretty poor to me, missing two straightforward headers at first, but got lucky with one hitting the defender's arm when it was sailing miles wide. Ironically if it were on target it wouldn't have hit his hand. Scored at the end but could hardly miss. Still, sure he'll do well for them.
This