Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

troylocker

And sancho has never been this shit at dribbling earlier in his career... where were they playing?
Don't think the goalkeepers in Portugal are that bad.
Hopefully Sancho's dip isn't permanent and he finds his mojo again soon, because he was fantastic for Dortmund.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's a very weird mix of brilliant and utter shit. So was Suarez at times, but in totally different proportions.

Nunez is like a mix of Carroll, Cisse and the graft and movement of Suarez without the technical ability.

If he can hit a stride somehow, I think he can become top notch. I like watching him play though. It's good football, albeit infuriating at times.

Josh 76

He's a very weird mix of brilliant and utter shit. So was Suarez at times, but in totally different proportions.

Nunez is like a mix of Carroll, Cisse and the graft and movement of Suarez without the technical ability.

If he can hit a stride somehow, I think he can become top notch. I like watching him play though. It's good football, albeit infuriating at times.
Suarez was shit at times ? Really ?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Suarez was shit at times ? Really ?
He could have games where the ball bounced off him as if he were allergic to it. For someone so capable of the technically sublime, his technique could be really erratic at times. Contrast to Torres for example, who didn't have quite the same repertoire of the outrageous, but was more assured in his touch in general.

But yeah, Suarez on a bad day reminds me a bit of Nunez in terms of movement and tenacity. But like I said, in totally different proportions.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He could have games where the ball bounced off him as if he were allergic to it. For someone so capable of the technically sublime, his technique could be really erratic at times. Contrast to Torres for example, who didn't have quite the same repertoire of the outrageous, but was more assured in his touch in general.

But yeah, Suarez on a bad day reminds me a bit of Nunez in terms of movement and tenacity. But like I said, in totally different proportions.
Its funny, you could see how bad his technique was when he went to Barcelona in comparison to the other players. At times he really stood out for having poor technique. Not that it overly mattered in the end

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Its funny, you could see how bad his technique was when he went to Barcelona in comparison to the other players. At times he really stood out for having poor technique. Not that it overly mattered in the end
And at the same time he could pull off stuff only Messi and Neymar could hope to replicate.

I always had the feeling that a lot of Suarez' technique was won by hard work, confidence and sheer imaginative boldness, moreso than innate talent. He pulled off stuff in games that other players would only dare to try on the training ground.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
And at the same time he could pull off stuff only Messi and Neymar could hope to replicate.

I always had the feeling that a lot of Suarez' technique was won by hard work, confidence and sheer imaginative boldness, moreso than innate talent. He pulled off stuff in games that other players would only dare to try on the training ground.
That's the characteristics that embodies Suarez.
He is bold and never hesitates to bets on himself.
I feel that his poor background makes it that he himself is the only one he can wager on.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
He's a shit Diego Forlan.
Calm your tits, man.
At 24, Diego was at most 6 goals in 26 games striker; can you guess for who?
At 22, Darwin was already Primera League's top scorer with total 34 goals in 41 all competiatons.
It was only in his second season no less.
Diego was different player to Darwin.
Their similarities end at their passports and playing area.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He should have 2 assists to go along with his goal in the first 30 minutes today.

Either good goalkeeping or poor finishing from Salah and Firmino.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He should have 2 assists to go along with his goal in the first 30 minutes today.

Either good goalkeeping or poor finishing from Salah and Firmino.
Best half i've seen from him since he arrived at Liverpool. Huge Cavani flashbacks with this guy, he could also miss a 1 meter pass one week-end on complet 50 yards long balls the week end after. Consistancy is the issue though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I just have higher standards for "World class young player" than others. For some, stepovers and a lovely assist in the League Cup is enough to justify it.
You may do but you did say ‘he’s nothing special’.

No one mentioned about being world class.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
These are the games which make his stats look better than they actually are.
If only we had a forward making his stats look better than they actually are. Whatever that means. People wrote him off far too early.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
It must be encouraging for the scousers, the lad seems to have capacity to learn, looking better by the weeks.
He's a bit soft-hearted and naive but there's no denying his passion.
It is well-known that Klopp also prioritize mentality when purcashing players.
His patience seems to slowly pay devidens.
This donkey might actually be a mustang, who knows.

Flexdegea

Mad sub plot around Nunez at the moment is Some United men are in defending him as much as Liverpool fans are.

Very invested because of the hot take culture around him being the "generational striker" etc

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Very invested because of the hot take culture around him being the "generational striker" etc
To be honest from reading through this thread semi regularly there is more investment in the "See I told you he's shit, I watched him all the time being a donkey in Portugal and he's total shit and I was right" side than the "Generational striker" side.

I may be missing a lot of posts but this thread seems to get bumped a lot more when he has a bad first touch or a bad miss than when he does something good.

bludsucker

If only we had a forward making his stats look better than they actually are. Whatever that means. People wrote him off far too early.
We had one. You seem to have forgotten lukaku. He is exactly like lukaku in that he will score a few goals but his memes will come at a greater rate.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His deeds today will surely be remembered and inspire his fans to make a video about them singing his name where the background light constantly blinks on and off to make it seem like a disco even when they're sat at home and alone.

ShinjiNinja26

No one said he wouldn’t score goals, what most said is he’ll be worth nowhere near the £85m they’re going to end up paying for him and I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that won’t be the case. Average footballer.

Righteous Steps

No one said he wouldn’t score goals, what most said is he’ll be worth nowhere near the £85m they’re going to end up paying for him and I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that won’t be the case. Average footballer.
So what makes him an average footballer? Would you describe Haaland as an average footballer too? And why won’t he be near the 85m paid for him if he keeps scoring goals?

Flexdegea

To be honest from reading through this thread semi regularly there is more investment in the "See I told you he's shit, I watched him all the time being a donkey in Portugal and he's total shit and I was right" side than the "Generational striker" side.

I may be missing a lot of posts but this thread seems to get bumped a lot more when he has a bad first touch or a bad miss than when he does something good.

Wouldn't expect anything less from fellow United men slating a Liverpool player when they playing or looking like a donkey.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
So what makes him an average footballer?
I wouldn't call him "World class" or anything like that but I thought his all around play first half was very good today (at least first half, I switched it off at half time) and he should have 2 (good) assists if it wasn't for some poor finishing/ good keeping.

Nero

No one suggested he wouldn't score goals. He's playing as a striker for one of the top teams in the country, of course he will.

People just pointed out that he was a technical donkey, which he is.