Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Should have been red carded tonight. A crap header straight at the goalie from him and the goalie spills it to Salah feet who scored. Then he scored himself with the ball rolling on the goal line.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'd love to read weekly updates like this, on how his goals and assists are all shite.

mu4c_20le

If only Andy had goals for us. :(
I'm sure he would under this setup and manager. Of course Nunez will eventually score but for the money you paid you should be getting a prime Torres. Not just a fitter sober Carroll.

Josh 76

He is definitely an upgrade on Origi. Seems to be a great impact player when coming of the bench.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If only an upgraded Origi and great impact player from the bench didn’t need to cost 100m eh
We're doing the same thing we accuse other fans of doing, inflating transfer fees.

Wasn't he supposed to be 65 million pounds or something?

mu4c_20le

We're doing the same thing we accuse other fans of doing, inflating transfer fees.

Wasn't he supposed to be 65 million pounds or something?
Add ons. But according to portuguese media, they are very easy to achieve, for example £13m comes just from making appearances.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
His output will end up being fairly respectable, his ability won't I think

Chairman Steve

I think he’ll end up being decent but not ridiculous Salah/Mane numbers and presence.

Always a bit of a rough deal to follow someone who was exceptional.

JuriM

He doesn't seem to be the striker who can create a lot of scoring chances for himself, but if the team creates plenty for him he can get a run for the scoring charts with ease.

Anderson_7_

7 goals in 15 games (started 8)
1 UCL goal every 49 mins

Kane, Haaland and Lewandowski better watch out! :eek:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's nowhere near as bad as is portrayed on here. Scored some goals and always looks like a threat in front of goal. He's actually making an effort when he plays, which is more than I can say about certain other players currently.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/01ggw8nn6z01/jamie-carragher-darwin-nunez-scary-numbers

Jamie Carragher claims Darwin Nunez has put up 'scary' numbers for Liverpool

It's a bullshit argument that holds no water, but what's intersting is that the scouse media always stick by theirs - whereas ours (Neville, Rio, Scholes, Keano, Hargreaves) are always happy to chew down our own.
Isn't that because your own have been largely underwhelming over the last decade vs the fees paid? Liverpool have been very good under Klopp with a lot of our signings working out.

Neville and Ferdinand were more than happy to overhype Ole from what I remember. Pundits are always going to back a side they used to play for or manage. There're just more ex-Liverpool pundits.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Rewind this team last year with Chelsea fans chuckling along on similar lines with Lukaku. We're all just gonna be here for this one too.
He's younger than Lukaku to be fair, and doesn't have a track record of playing like a lumbering oaf and then turning on his own team and having some kind of prolonged meltdown due to receiving light criticism.

Although I am enjoying that two of his main strengths seem to be losing his rag and uncreating clear goalscoring opportunities, its just that he has good qualities too amd I genuinely can't figure out if he's very good or very shite.

Josh 76

https://www.fotmob.com/embed/news/01ggw8nn6z01/jamie-carragher-darwin-nunez-scary-numbers

Jamie Carragher claims Darwin Nunez has put up 'scary' numbers for Liverpool

It's a bullshit argument that holds no water, but what's intersting is that the scouse media always stick by theirs - whereas ours (Neville, Rio, Scholes, Keano, Hargreaves) are always happy to chew down our own.
Jamie Carragher has gone from a really good pundit to a hard core Ultra kopite! It’s fecking embarrassing.

Suedesi

Isn't that because your own have been largely underwhelming over the last decade vs the fees paid? Liverpool have been very good under Klopp with a lot of our signings working out.

Neville and Ferdinand were more than happy to overhype Ole from what I remember. Pundits are always going to back a side they used to play for or manage. There're just more ex-Liverpool pundits.
Nonsense as proved by the fact that despite Darwin being a lemon Carragher is backing him to the hilt. Our pundits love to criticize and tear our players apart. Neville is notorious, but also Scholes and to a lesser degree Keano.

bludsucker

If it had to be a choice, then I would take it this way round every time.
This reminds me so much of how i used to defend lukaku when he was here. Ultimately he is going to end up costing you more points than he is going to win you.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Nonsense as proved by the fact that despite Darwin being a lemon Carragher is backing him to the hilt. Our pundits love to criticize and tear our players apart. Neville is notorious, but also Scholes and to a lesser degree Keano.
Nunez's goal scoring record is actually fairly good so far vs the minutes he's played. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

Your pundits have a go because United haven't been very good. Keane's had massive digs at the attitude of your squad over the last couple of seasons. Now they're not because United are starting to look better under ETH.

cyberman

Nunez's goal scoring record is actually fairly good so far vs the minutes he's played. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

Your pundits have a go because United haven't been very good. Keane's had massive digs at the attitude of your squad over the last couple of seasons. Now they're not because United are starting to look better under ETH.
This is the second second season out of the last three when you’ve been dogshit to be fair

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's going to be one of those weird footballers who scores goals, but is also absolutely garbage on the ball. when I have watched him dribbling, he's like Bambi. And he messes up the most basic things...

Wont be anywhere close to golden boot during his time there, IMO of course

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I would be delighted if he is Liverpool's first choice and they don't improve on him, even if his goalscoring record stays good. That would be lovely.