Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

How does Sebastien Haller fit Ajax but Nunez doesn't?

This thread really does make me laugh. Before it was he's not good enough because it's the portuguese league. Now he's scored against Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool home and away.

Is anybody else going to tell me they don't want him because he has a bad pass in him every now and again? :lol:

Watch him to go another club and be a star, then we all say ':( but we never take a gamble on up and coming talent'
Haller is a very different player. Not reliant on space to counter attack because he's so big.

Nunez isn't a flier. He's going to cost about 50-60M I'd guess. He'd probably be alright for us but that's a lot of money for a player who seems to thrive running the channels for a manager who won't be playing that type of football at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a good finisher from the clips but his technique etc looks suited to counter attacking footy?

Andrew7582

Haller is a very different player. Not reliant on space to counter attack because he's so big.

Nunez isn't a flier. He's going to cost about 50-60M I'd guess. He'd probably be alright for us but that's a lot of money for a player who seems to thrive running the channels for a manager who won't be playing that type of football at all.
Looks a good finisher from the clips but his technique etc looks suited to counter attacking footy?
Agreed, he doesn't look like an ETH player.

Big E

Gonna end up in Spain or England that lad 100%.. Think he'll do good wherever he ends up too.

Right sort of age. Attitude too

nikineil

Seems like a signing Atletico Madrid would go after. If they didn't have Felix, Greizmann and Suarez already. Reckon they might let Suarez and Felix go and get Nunez instead. That being said, would love it if he came over to United. Would be like if we ever got Cavani in his prime. Absolute workhorse of a striker.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Cole was 24 years old when we signed him and his linkup play left a lot to be desired. But Fergie and the coaching staff did a good job on the training ground with him and the improvement was noticeable. Arsenal who had sold him to Bristol City as a 19 year old were then probably kicking themselves.

I don't know a lot about Nunez apart from watching highlights and reading articles on the player's strengths/weaknesses. But at 22 years old, he will likely improve his linkup play, and I don't see a Ronaldo Nazarario de Lima on the horizon for us to sign instead.

Erik ten Hag has also seen him close up in two matches recently and will have extensive knowledge on the player via the Ajax video analysts, data analysts and his own eye test.
I thought Cole was more intimidated by the presence of the likes of Cantona etc ie being at United his first 18months plus the big transfer fee that were his problems at the start. He always played nervous and was second guessing at the start.
Also not being the focal point was a change/adjustment.

Ekeke

I think he'd score us 15-20 league goals in a Ruud/Cavani way if he was starting each week and we were getting the ball towards the box. Certainly looks miles ahead of Maxi Gomez who still looked a decent striking talent a year ago, but now he's struggling even at Valencia so this guy is the future for his country.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Benfica hardly sit deep and counter in the majority of their games.

Unfortunately it seems the 'poor technique' has grown a life of its own here and now everybody is parroting it.

Even Emile Heskey scored bucketloads of goals in England.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Unfortunately it seems the 'poor technique' has grown a life of its own here and now everybody is parroting it.

Well we're fecked if we're signing players comparable to Emile Heskey

GledTheRed

Appearances and goals by national team and year
Total627
National teamYearAppsGoals
England199940

Adam-Utd

Well we're fecked if we're signing players comparable to Emile Heskey
you’re the ones making the comparison, not me.

From what i’ve seen of him his technique is no problem. He’s ice cool in front of goal and that’s all that matters.

Walters_19_MuFc

Sometimes it not all about goals but the balance a player will bring to the current ones we have.

I remember someone like Welbeck not being a prolific goalscorer (understatement, I know) but I always got the feeling we played better and looked to flow a lot more when he played.

Actually, we scored 89 goals in the 11/12 season, with Rooney and Welbeck up top, which was our second highest amount in the Premier League after scoring 97 in 99.

Now, I'm not saying get another Welbeck, and of course it would be a bonus if we could get someone who could do both, which is why players like Kane come at such a premium, but if you look at our attack over the last few years, where prior to last season, we hadn't managed to score over 70 since the retirement of Sir Alex, we haven't always had that cohesion in attack. We look very disjointed at times, and are obviously more suited to the counter.

Hopefully, with the addition of ten Hag, he can sort that problem, but as I said, I'd rather a player who will add to our cohesion, rather than a goal machine, who, although will score goals, breaks down every other attack.

Adam-Utd

Nicely taken goal against Sporting just now. Like the look of this guy.
a top class forward in flying form, we'd be mad to not go for him.

With our current situation we'd be crazy not to. He'd be perfect

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
this guys quality but he won’t want to ruin his reputation by joining us. He’ll have bare offers on the table from other European teams.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nice goal but what was that the commentator was saying about no previous goals against the big two? He really is Lukaku mrk 2.0 :smirk::angel:

Adam-Utd

Nice goal but what was that the commentator was saying about no previous goals against the big two? He really is Lukaku mrk 2.0 :smirk::angel:
It's fair to say he's taken the step up this year. Sometimes it just drops for strikers and they can't stop. It seems like that's happened with him.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
He'd be an amazing signing for us, and the true heir to Cavani who we missed out on because of the Napoli owner tosser pricing him out of the market. He is a must buy for us tbh, and we must do what we need to do..

croadyman

this guys quality but he won’t want to ruin his reputation by joining us. He’ll have bare offers on the table from other European teams.
Yeah he will want to be playing Champions League football for a better team and barring a minor miracle we can't offer it

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sadly I think many big clubs will be in for him this summer so it's going to be tough for us

Adam-Utd

Sadly I think many big clubs will be in for him this summer so it's going to be tough for us
the allure of learning from the GOAT goal scorer should be more than enough to warrant missing 1 year of CL football.

Ronaldo has serious pulling power even if the club has dipped a little.

EtH

Again not sure about his overall play but I’ll leave this one up to the new manager. If Ten Hag thinks he’s good enough that will be good enough for me.

croadyman

the allure of learning from the GOAT goal scorer should be more than enough to warrant missing 1 year of CL football.

Ronaldo has serious pulling power even if the club has dipped a little.
We will see I guess

Red_toad

Again not sure about his overall play but I’ll leave this one up to the new manager. If Ten Hag thinks he’s good enough that will be good enough for me.
To be honest sitting on the bench and watching him and being subbed on when he’s having a meltdown about being substituted probably aren’t great learning opportunities. We’ll play with 1 striker next season, so it’s either not both.

Highfather_24

To be honest sitting on the bench and watching him and being subbed on when he’s having a meltdown about being substituted probably aren’t great learning opportunities. We’ll play with 1 striker next season, so it’s either not both.
And what happens when Ronaldo gets injured for a month where we have like 7-8 games?

We play Martial in all of them? Rashford?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
And what happens when Ronaldo gets injured for a month where we have like 7-8 games?

We play Martial in all of them? Rashford?
Ronaldo might not be here and even if should be used sporadically. We need a new striker badly and if Ronnie dies not like it he needs to move on. No time for sentiments in out situation

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ronaldo might not be here and even if should be used sporadically. We need a new striker badly and if Ronnie dies not like it he needs to move on. No time for sentiments in out situation
:eek::nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.