Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ronnie doesn’t make final decisions on who we sign. It’s nothing to do with with him.
We could have easily asked him to call his mate mendes and see how we could land him if we're serious about getting him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Let Atletico get him and then take Felix off them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let Atletico get him and then take Felix off them.
Or we just get Nunez… much prefer him and would cost slightly cheaper I think since he’s coming from a weaker league.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Or we just get Nunez… much prefer him and would cost slightly cheaper I think since he’s coming from a weaker league.
I think Felix is a star is all. Has it in him to be a complete forward.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think Felix is a star is all. Has it in him to be a complete forward.
He doesn’t score an awful lot though does he, think he’s got like 8 goals all season in the Spanish league. Doesn’t help playing in a defensive team though to be fair

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He doesn’t score an awful lot though does he, think he’s got like 8 goals all season in the Spanish league. Doesn’t help playing in a defensive team though to be fair
Yep, this is a case of me looking at the player as opposed to just the numbers. His finishing is actually very good, he’s also good in the air. It’s not beyond him to become a 20 goal striker IMO, I think the ingredients are there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
All depends on the price for this transfer. Can not see him being a priority over any of ETH Ajax preferred players.

croadyman

Will back anyone that Erik wants, after all he knows the game much better than me. Yes he may not be the goal machine like Haaland but still could prove a good move

NoPace

This just doesn't make sense, were basically blowing half of our budget on an unproven striker who could fail here miserably.
Is this Ronnie's doing asking Mendes and all that, does hag really want him that much?

I see him fitting pool much than he do for us but I guess we'll see.

Also is the source reliable?
It doesn't make sense that Ten Hag wants to spend half the money on him either really, considering how little the forward spot has been emphasized under him (they played Tadic as a false 9 in Europe and Dolberg and I forget who a lot of the time in the league the year they tore through Madrid for instance).

Feels fake to me, though Nunes does work like a dog and has energy so he'd certainly help us press and also peg teams back a bit because he makes runs in behind and seems quite dangerous against a high line and quite good at contesting long balls forward, so might help the build up play in that way.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
He has great upside but also lots of potencial problems can arise if asked to perform consistently at a higher level. He's an amazing athlete, really strong, really fast and a good finisher but strugles against backlines who defend deep, his first touch and decision making has alot of room for improvement also. If the values that are being talked about are true whoever gets him will take a huge gamble.

Last edited:

cyberman

I’m not talking about entering negotiations right now. I’m talking about us signing players this summer. Which we will do.

And even despite sanctions right now you’re foolish if you think agents and intermediaries aren’t talking with Chelsea currently behind the scenes. We’re one of the best operators in the market. It’s impossible to think those who run the club are just sitting on their hands right now in some sort of paralysis.

So yes, you’re right, we probably aren’t going to spend 70m on this guy. But to think we aren’t sniffing around and talking to potential targets because of sanctions is wrong.
I see Tuchel has backed up my point today. Its impossible for Tuchel to work on any kind of transfers until the club is sold

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Even if he's still a raw talent, I'm sure if we got him this summer we would see him EVOLVE into a more well-rounded player.

Haha. Evolve. Get it?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Arsenal or Man United then. Likely us since Arsenal are linked with Jesus.

Wayne's World

Looks an absolute finisher every time I seen him but I don't think he can play well in a possession based team. Seems to be more reliant on others creating space for him to run into and If he does get a sniff at goal he'll put the ball in the net.

Think he's worth the risk If Ten Hag does want him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks an absolute finisher every time I seen him but I don't think he can play well in a possession based team. Seems to be more reliant on others creating space for him to run into and If he does get a sniff at goal he'll put the ball in the net.

Think he's worth the risk If Ten Hag does want him
Benfica have plenty of possession against the majority of the teams they play. I really don't understand people saying this.

Get crosses into the box and he'll bang headers away.

Blood Mage

Still not convinced by him. I would prefer a more technical striker who links up well with the attackers around him to a prolific finisher. Of course it would help if we can find a player who can do both! Not that many great strikers around at the moment though.

Irrational.

Benfica have a habit of massively over inflating fees. I can’t imagine he’ll cost anywhere near £80 million - I would guesstimate more around the £50 million mark.

nainaisson

Di Marzio and Dean Jones strike me as the kind of "journalists" who just publish whatever self-serving information they get from agents, without ever bothering to verify the info like actual journalists would do. I can't recall anyone reliable saying we're seriously in for Nunez.

AsonUnique

Still not convinced by him. I would prefer a more technical striker who links up well with the attackers around him to a prolific finisher. Of course it would help if we can find a player who can do both! Not that many great strikers around at the moment though.
Agreed surprised it's so quiet around David from Lille. Can pass, press and becoming a great finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.