Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But even his highlights betray a slight clumsiness and average technique. The ball is never fully under his spell.
You guys are like a dog with a bone. I really don't see what you see. In half of these clips he's dribbling with the ball full speed, but apparently it's never under his control :confused:

He might not be Berbatov but he sure isn't as bad as people seem to want to make out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Obviously for it to be transferable he’ll need the best tools available. Hence why Ralf has been so stuck on good structure, especially in regards to recruitment.

That doesn’t mean here go make it work with everything we currently have. That’s not how Klopp or Pep got things done.

My opinion Bruno does not fit as a focal point for this to work similar to Yaya not fitting for Pep. But these are just my opinions.
Everytime talking to you, all you do is just making statement without giving a clear explanation behind of the statement you made, it looks to me you are just playing a coin tossed or blindly guessing. So let’s give a try again and hopefully I can finally get a clear answer from you why Bruno and Nunez cannot be coached in the team by ETH?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
You guys are like a dog with a bone. I really don't see what you see. In half of these clips he's dribbling with the ball full speed, but apparently it's never under his control :confused:

He might not be Berbatov but he sure isn't as bad as people seem to want to make out.
People act like he's got the technique of Titus Bramble but can finish.

I've watched that video and there's nothing wrong with his technique. He can, maybe, look awkward at times because he's quite gangly but he's definitely got control of the ball.

I'm people just see others saying "he's got bad technique" and just go along with it without forming their own opinion.

Mainoldo

Everytime talking to you, all you do is just making statement without giving an explanation behind of the statement you made, it looks to me you are just playing a coin tossed or blindly guessing. So let’s give a try again and hopefully I can finally get a clear answer from you why Bruno and Nunez cannot be coached in the team by ETH?
Bruno Fernandes cannot be coached to play possession football. He’s 28 years old and will not change his playing style to be less risk adverse. He can be effective on the wing where he’ll have more space and he can be programmed to hit a specific area in the attacking third.

Nunez although I like him for his pressing and tenacity he doesn’t have the hold up play or creativity which would benefit bringing Bruno into the game like a Martial had offered in the past. Therefore I don’t believe they will work.

You talk about coaching. So maybe you expand and tell me what tactics allow these two to work together on the field in a ETH system?

Mainoldo

I've watched that video and there's nothing wrong with his technique. He can, maybe, look awkward at times because he's quite gangly but he's definitely got control of the ball.

I'm people just see others saying "he's got bad technique" and just go along with it without forming their own opinion.
Maybe it’s you just assume that because someone people say he’s technically poor you automatically think Titus Bramble. Maybe people are looking for the level close to or the potential of Benzema or Lewindoski?

Does he have that level of technique? I mean does he have Harry Keane technique?

Drizzle

I don't think there are many here saying he's a bad player. Just lacking in elite technique, ball control etc. And that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good signing, just that we shouldn't be paying elite money for him because he's just not at that level.
I'm people just see others saying "he's got bad technique" and just go along with it without forming their own opinion
Can't speak for others but I'm just assessing what I see. I'd love him to be world class but I'm not seeing it at the moment. Nkunku, on the other hand, looks a lovely player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bruno Fernandes cannot be coached to play possession football. He’s 28 years old and will not change his playing style to be less risk adverse. He can be effective on the wing where he’ll have more space and he can be programmed to hit a specific area in the attacking third.

Nunez although I like him for his pressing and tenacity he doesn’t have the hold up play or creativity which would benefit bringing Bruno into the game like a Martial had offered in the past. Therefore I don’t believe they will work.

You talk about coaching. So maybe you expand and tell me what tactics allow these two to work together on the field in a ETH system?
So in order to make this effective we shouldn’t be playing Bruno in the middle/midfield but instead Bruno should be playing on the wing so he can have more space to create chances for Nunez. Isn’t that’s exactly what I told you in my first post that both Bruno and Nunez can be coached together by programmed Bruno on the wing as wide playmaker? And somehow you had this argument telling me that this won’t work because a player with ability to create the most chances in Europe, one of the top xA (expected assist) and most assists in UCL is not playmaker.

There is inconsistency in your statement. So let’s do this again and hopefully I can finally get a clear answer from you why Bruno on the left and Nunez cannot be coached in the team by ETH? If your reason is still the same because Bruno is not playmaker then why a player with ability to create the most chances in Europe, one of the top xA (expected assist), and most assists in UCL is not playmaker?

We Need Another Rebuild

Firstly you even watch Football?

Secondly Haller has a touch of a baby elephant, and it's all down to him that he has been prolific this year in CL & Eredivisie? ETH has done F All has he? Bruno is one of the best creative players in the PL look at the stats if you don't believe me and we have been Shite this season.

Let me guess your expecting every Player to have a touch like they do on FIFA?

If as you say these can't work together then ring up ETH and save him the trouble sure he would love to hear your opinion...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Surely a joke?

He's obviously a potent goalscorer, although even then that's only been this season, and in the Portuguese league.

But even his highlights betray a slight clumsiness and average technique. The ball is never fully under his spell. Genuinely worry that premier league defenders, much sharper and faster than the ones he's used to, will be forever intercepting and disrupting his game.

I'm not saying he's a bad player - he's obviously a promising striker and even considering his limitations I could see him scoring a decent amount of goals here. And he would physically be up to it anyway as he's quite fast, strong and has intensity to him. But he's not going to be winning Ballon d'Ors that's for sure.
I’m not saying he’s a carbon copy, Kane is exceptionally good. I mean a young Kane. The way he runs, the way he carries the ball remind me of young Kane. Not saying that he will develop into him

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Maybe it’s you just assume that because someone people say he’s technically poor you automatically think Titus Bramble. Maybe people are looking for the level close to or the potential of Benzema or Lewindoski?

Does he have that level of technique? I mean does he have Harry Keane technique?
If his technical ability is not Titus Bramble then Nunez can still be coached to fit in to the system because Haller is also not not technically good but not Bramble level of poor technical.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Secondly Haller has a touch of a baby elephant, and it's all down to him that he has been prolific this year in CL & Eredivisie? ETH has done F All has he? Bruno is one of the best creative players in the PL look at the stats if you don't believe me and we have been Shite this season.

If as you say these can't work together then ring up ETH and save him the trouble sure he would love to hear your opinion...
What shocking me the most in his view on Bruno is that he claimed that Bruno is not playmaker. Top 1 xA in PL last season or top 4 xA in PL this season, most chances created in PL, and most assists in UCL this season is not playmaker?

His poor first touch is still a poor first touch no? Haller actually has good fundamentals like a very good touch. So the comparison is slightly off. Also on Bruno yes I think he’ll be better out wide But he’s not really a playmaker to say Eriksen would be playing out wide for us. Bruno is a striker (Rangnick terms) which is why I said it wouldn’t work.

Mainoldo

So in order to make this effective we shouldn’t be playing Bruno in the middle/midfield but instead Bruno should be playing on the wing so he can have more space to create chances for Nunez. Isn’t that’s exactly what I told you in my first post that both Bruno and Nunez can be coached together by programmed Bruno on the wing as wide playmaker? And somehow you had this argument telling me that this won’t work because a player with ability to create the most chances in Europe, one of the top xA (expected assist) and most assists in UCL is not playmaker.

There is inconsistency in your statement. So let’s do this again and hopefully I can finally get a clear answer from you why Bruno on the left and Nunez cannot be coached in the team by ETH? If your reason is still the same because Bruno is not playmaker then why a player with ability to create the most chances in Europe, one of the top xA (expected assist), and most assists in UCL is not playmaker?
Is Mo Salah a playmaker? I think that will answer your puzzling Bruno question.

Salah and Jota work so maybe they can work. But I literally said in my post that it won’t work because we won’t have a link man. I mean did I imagine what I typed.

Mainoldo

Cute.

We see football different it’s cool.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is Mo Salah a playmaker? I think that will answer your puzzling Bruno question.

Salah and Jota work so maybe they can work. But I literally said in my post that it won’t work because we won’t have a link man. I mean did I imagine what I typed.
Salah is a winger though. Winger jobs are not just scoring goals but can also create chances. Bruno is not a winger, he is a playmaker. If he’s not playmaker what is he? A winger?

Mainoldo

What shocking me the most in his view on Bruno is that he claimed that Bruno is not playmaker. Top 1 xA in PL last season or top 4 xA in PL this season, most chances created in PL, and most assists in UCL this season is not playmaker?
So in my actual post I acknowledged I agreed with you for him to play out wide. Are you just having a stiff back for the sake of it?

Mainoldo

Salah is a winger though. Winger jobs are not just scoring goals but can also create chances. Bruno is not a winger, he is a playmaker. If he’s not playmaker what is he? A winger?
Mo Salah is a striker. Don’t believe me ask Thiago. Bruno is an CAM SS. I use to believe he was an 8. But not at this level.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mo Salah is a striker. Don’t believe me ask Thiago.
It says ‘’right winger’’.

Salah has been coached as a winger before he joined Chelsea and developed as a player to be able to play as a striker or wide forward role.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So in my actual post I acknowledged I agreed with you for him to play out wide. Are you just having a stiff back for the sake of it?
You told me it won’t work so now you are telling me that you agreed with me that it would work and Bruno and Nunez can still be coached to play together under ETH. You seem very lost or what?

Mainoldo

You told me it won’t work so now you are telling me that you agreed with me that it would work and Bruno and Nunez can still be coached to play together under ETH. You seem very lost or what?
Bruno on the wing would work. With Nunez up top. No chance. Too much chaos naturally together they would disjoint our attack. I’m fed up of ugly football aren’t you?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Didn’t I tell you in the same post that Salah is a winger and also has been developed to be able to play different role like wide forward and striker. End of the day he‘s been coached as a winger for years, just like Giggs is a winger but also had been developed to be able to play as CM.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bruno on the wing would work. With Nunez up top. No chance. Too much chaos naturally together they would disjoint our attack. I’m fed up of ugly football aren’t you?
What natural chaos? Please elaborate in football term.

OmarUnited4ever

wow such poor technique :lol:

What poor hold up play :nono:

The new Lukaku?
Doesn't have great technique really and looks clumsy on the ball, but he uses his power and pace very well and his finishing is quite good, he is also a hard worker, runs all game, and he is only 22, so he can definitely improve and get better with time, for those reasons I like him as ST option next season, and if ETH wants him, then we should get him.

However he is not worth 80m euros, unless it's something like 65m plus 15m adds-on, then it would be an acceptable outlay, expensive but not an exuberant fee (80m euros = 68m pounds)

Mainoldo

Didn’t I tell you in the same post that Salah is a winger and also has been developed to be able to play different role like wide forward and striker. End of the day he‘s been coached as a winger for years, just like Giggs is a winger but also had been developed to be able to play as CM.
You did. But what does that mean to me now? Right now he’s am inverted striker with average balling ability score and assisting at a world class level. But to answer my original point. It doesn’t make him a playmaker. However to link the two what Salah offers we can probably get from Nunez which might be why ETH wants him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You cant compare Giggs who played wide left in a 442 to Salah on the right in a 433.

Mainoldo

What natural chaos? Please elaborate in football.
You keep asking me to elaborate on stuff like I’m Tifo.. bro we all have a basic level of football understanding. If you told me X player can’t pass I wouldnt ask you to explain what technical differences he has for this to be true.

I explained Nunez isn’t a link up striker and our attacks would break down as that’s what Bruno requires and you want me to expand on chaos. I just explained it in that same post. Stop being obtuse.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You cant compare Giggs who played wide left in a 442 to Salah on the right in a 433.
I’m not comparing him to Giggs. I’m using him as an example of a player can also developed to play different positions.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You did. But what does that mean to me now? Right now he’s am inverted striker with average balling ability score and assisting at a world class level. But to answer my original point. It doesn’t make him a playmaker. However to link the two what Salah offers we can probably get from Nunez which might be why ETH wants him.
It means that Salah has been coached as a winger longer than as a striker and wide forward, thus, he’s not going to just forget how to create chances all of sudden.

Tell me what is playmaker and what playmaker does. You will see the same criteria of playmaker in Bruno.

Adam-Utd

Agreed with you there.

Doesn't have great technique really and looks clumsy on the ball
:boring:

Mainoldo

It means that Salah has been coached as a winger longer than as a striker and wide forward, thus, he’s not going to just forget how to create chances all of sudden.

Tell me what is playmaker and what playmaker does. You will see the same criteria of playmaker in Bruno.
That’s fine. No problem in your Salah analysis but it doesn’t answer what I asked you. I asked you would you say Mo Salah is a playmaker for Liverpool?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s fine. No problem in your Salah analysis but it doesn’t answer what I asked you. I asked you would you say Mo Salah is a playmaker for Liverpool?
I already told you he’s a winger, winger can create chances and also can score goal. Do you not know that winger and playmaker is different?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Only just joining the thread, but surely his pass completion has to be a worry in a Ten Hag side? He ranks in the bottom 1% for forwards across Europe

Mainoldo

I already told you he’s a winger, winger can create chances and also can score goal. Do you not know that winger and playmaker is different?
Was Iniesta or Zidane a playmaker?

I can see this getting a bit tricky. :lol:

Just to clarify. It might be different to others but a playmaker is not a position on the football field. They tend to normally be number 10’s. But I wouldn’t say all playmakers play 10.

OmarUnited4ever

Agreed with you there.

:boring:
You don't have to be a great technician on the ball to be a great footballer, Vieri for example wasn't known to have a great technique but he was one of Europe's top strikers during his prime. Nunez's technique isn't bad at all, not as good as your Benzemas & Lewandowskis nowadays, but I think he has the potential to succeed here as he possess a lot of great qualities as a 22 yo striker.

Mainoldo

You don't have to be a great technician on the ball to be a great footballer, Vieri for example wasn't known to have a great technique but he was one of Europe's top strikers during his prime. Nunez's technique isn't bad at all, not as good as your Benzemas & Lewandowskis nowadays, but I think he has the potential to succeed here as he possess a lot of great qualities as a 22 yo striker.
Debate ended hopefully! Probably not though some people take a marathon to catch up.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You keep asking me to elaborate on stuff like I’m Tifo.. bro we all have a basic level of football understanding. If you told me X player can’t pass I wouldnt ask you to explain what technical differences he has for this to be true.

I explained Nunez isn’t a link up striker and our attacks would break down as that’s what Bruno requires and you want me to expand on chaos. I just explained it in that same post. Stop being obtuse.
Not every striker should be coached to drop deep all the time to link up play. And that’s why Haller who is not technically gifted is not used for the role and ETH was still able to fit him in. And that’s why I have been using him as an example.

Not a single of Haller‘s UCL goals in the video below came from Haller link up play. If anything based on the video below shows why Bruno and Nunez can still be coached to play together, when you have Bruno quality of final third delivery like Antony or Tadic for example and then you have fox in the box like Nunez, which what Haller shows in his goals in the video, means they can still be coached to play together. The further up they are, the better because they will have less effect on their possession lost, which is why they need to play in more advanced roles as I suggested. During the possession lost, they can still win the ball back as they know how to press and this can be coached to press as a unit since both have the fundamental.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

What do you characterise as technique can I ask? what is it you think he is bad at?

crossy1686

career ending
Only just joining the thread, but surely his pass completion has to be a worry in a Ten Hag side? He ranks in the bottom 1% for forwards across Europe
I think we would mostly use him as the work horse to Ronaldo's static-ness. I doubt he'd play CF, probably right side.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was Iniesta or Zidane a playmaker?

I can see this getting a bit tricky. :lol:

Just to clarify. It might be different to others but a playmaker is not a position on the football field. They tend to normally be number 10’s. But I wouldn’t say all playmakers play 10.
Iniesta and Zidane were playmaker just like Bruno. Salah isn’t playmaker. I never say all playmakers play 10, otherwise I wouldn’t mention ‘’wide playmaker’‘ in one of my post. Your point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.