Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Star One

Give he had 27 goals in one season and hasn't achieved anything like that level in any other season. What do you define as success for a striker?
This is starting to feel like a WUM but I don’t think you’ve seen much of Liverpool games last years. Not a single of their fans would call him an underwhelming signing.

vanderpants

I would trust Liverpool's scouting system over our non-exsiatant scouting team, that hurt to say that, they haven't been wrong with their signings recently and ours have been shocking. Another target we missed

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Can't wait for the sensible articles from the press.

Darwin's evolution - how Klopp transformed a player from a mere micro-organism into a super-human goal scoring machine in the space of a month. - Oliver Kay

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Klopp and VVD obviously think highly of this guy. I’d laugh if we outbid them. The thought if Klopp getting grumpy
However my head is saying we won’t as it’s a huge chunk

mu4c_20le

Klopp and VVD obviously think highly of this guy. I’d laugh if we outbid them. The thought if Klopp getting grumpy
However my head is saying we won’t as it’s a huge chunk
As we registered our interest pretty late it honestly feels like we are trying to drive up the price

GledTheRed

he's nowhere near a €100m striker. A delicate question: when has a South American striker stayed for a long time,5-10 years or more in the UK and at one club. I cannot recall one, I don't know if he speaks English.

It's much more complicated, i wouldnt spend €100m on him..

A pass from me
Aguero?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I feel like Romano is just doing the bidding of his agent contacts to be honest. We were never paying the fee Benfica quoted us originally, why would we come back to the table if they're not going to lower it for Liverpool?

allen7

I feel like Romano is just doing the bidding of his agent contacts to be honest. We were never paying the fee Benfica quoted us originally, why would we come back to the table if they're not going to lower it for Liverpool?
Exactly. He did the same when Conte was linked to us during January. Multiple times he strongly linked us with Conte I remember

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its worth noting the guy who said United reps have travelled to Mendes today, also mentions the chances of Darwin wanting us is very slim. He apparently has his sights on Anfield.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I would trust Liverpool's scouting system over our non-exsiatant scouting team, that hurt to say that, they haven't been wrong with their signings recently and ours have been shocking. Another target we missed
Apart from Karius, The Ox, Shaqiri, Grujic, Klavan, Kieta and Minamino you mean yeah?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Big outlay on a guy who hasn't shown too much.

I hope we stay away as we really need to spend wisely and in the right areas.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Exactly. He did the same when Conte was linked to us during January. Multiple times he strongly linked us with Conte I remember
I don't blame him, it's how he gets his scoops. He's getting a lot more pushback online these days because he tries to be the guy that knows everything, hour by hour.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm aware; my point is it fails more often than succeeds. Where it succeeded was with a financially pumped club.
Why change the goalposts? You asked for one south american at one club for 5 years+. You Didnt ask if they succeeded or failed, or how big the club is?

Branchofscience

Karius, - hada great season, but it went wrong and he never recovered
The Ox, got injured when he was in the form of his life
Shaqiri, if nothing else , although there were more occassions ,the cross for gini in the semi against barca will be remembered forever, I am sure they wont make him manager though because of one game!
Grujic, sold for profit
Klavan, stop gap when he first came to the club

Kieta and Minamino both still at the club playing in cup finals and the latter getting the team to the finals

£76.23m united paid for lakaku 5 years ago, since then the market has gone crazy, yet nunez will still be purchased for less, at a younger age with the greatest man manager on the planet to coach him. Still , too much though for a striker

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I hope we weren't actually interested rather than the "we didn't want him anyway boohoo" kind of way. We have too many issues with our team right now that signing a wasteful, often clumsy player with an albeit cracking shot on him shouldn't be our priority. We have enough players who lose the ball as it is right now.

He'll probably do well at Liverpool but the team surrounding him will be able to support him a lot more than we could right now.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It would be a completely nonsensical move from United to get this guy. I know this comes across as “well I didn’t fancy her anyway” but it’s really not. While we’re not exactly blessed in the striker department, it’s not at the top of the list. It is imperative that we sort this midfield out before anything else.

The money they’re talking about for him is ridiculous, and considering our budget for this summer, it would leave us with just about enough to get one more player. That would make absolutely no sense. We need to be smarter than spunking nearly all our budget on one player. We haven’t got the luxury of doing that like Liverpool have.

ShinjiNinja26

Media trying to bump up the clicks of a Liverpool transfer story with the only English club that gets more attention.
It stinks of the usual Liverpool propaganda that their fans love to lap up. Oh look we signed player x and also got one over on Utd as he snubs them for the mighty Pool! The reality is we probably enquired about him found out the price and left it at that as we need to prioritise other areas first.

Status
Not open for further replies.