David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The accuracy of his kicking is fantastic for a keeper, but some of those were just hopeful pumps up the field. There's a couple where you can see he has loads of time, so hopefully that's something he can improve on under a new GK coach. He could easily take his time on the ball, wait for a triker to start closing him down, then pick out the free man. Or, it could have just been a specific tactic of Moyes.

MoneyMay

Yes, it was a specific tactic by Moyes, and I don't think he can afford to take his time. I suspect Moyes, considering his style, wouldn't have had him working on his kicking in a manner that would improve his confidence on the ball. I think Van Gaal will have him work on his kicking much more, and we'll see how good his distribution really is when given a more expansive role in this regard.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Minutes after he came on Spain scored their 2nd goal! His presence is just crucial to Spain and transformed the whole team! #ScouseLogic

JefferiesTube

Saves per goal last season: 3.09
Saves per goal this season: 1.98
Down from last season

Claim success last season: 88%
Claim success this season: 95%
Up from last season

Distribution success last season: 61%
Distribution success this season: 61%
Exactly the same

I am hoping next season his saves per goal goes back up to at least 3.09 and claims success is 90% minimum. Distribution is tactical and if we improve tactics and stop doing retarded long balls this will improve.

Jaxa

You have a young hungry Keeper on the bench who want's to show what he can do, you know Spain wont Drop Iker because, well he's Iker Casillas but another mare from him and I really hope our Dave gets played!

Sampy93

Although we all love Agent Dave, I feel it would suit us more that he stays on the bench and sweet talks koke and friends ;)

All serious though, he should get a start the next game in my opinion, he has proven himself this year and going by that performance from casillas last night, he would do much better!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He might get a start against Australia IF Spain are already out, but I am almost 100% sure Del Bosque won't drop Casillas against Chile. He might drop one of Xavi/ Xabi Alonso though. Anyway, he has to do something. After the loss against Switzerland in 2010 he dropped Silva, Silva will be having nightmares now and hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

itso 7

He might get a start against Australia IF Spain are already out, but I am almost 100% sure Del Bosque won't drop Casillas against Chile. He might drop one of Xavi/ Xabi Alonso though. Anyway, he has to do something. After the loss against Switzerland in 2010 he dropped Silva, Silva will be having nightmares now and hoping history doesn't repeat itself.
If Spain want to stay in this World Cup then they need to ring the changes for their next game and I would drop Iker, Alonso, Pique and replace them with De Gea, Martinez and Koke . If Del Bosque is not bold then Chile are capable of ensuring that they suffer France's 02 fate which could launch a disastrous witch hunt and cause kneejerk changes which could set them back again .

Godfather

He even mentioned his miss in his post Match presser, so there is every chance he might get dropped.

Bwuk

De Gea is better than Iker nowadays. Iker is finished at top level. See yesterday and he champions league final for examples.

Amir

Spain have been trying to continue the winning formula of the last few years, though I think it went to extremes. Had it not been for Victor's injury, De Gea wouldn't even be in Brazil. And he's their best goalkeeper. Probably should have made other changes as well, freshen the team up, but how many teams do that until they found out the hard way their time is up?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Why would you take Pepe Reina and not Diego Lopez? Surely any sane, non sentimental person would have him first choice with De Gea second? Or possibly vice-versa, but definitely those two as main goalkeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.