David De Gea | Free agent | Said his goodbyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sam Wallace from telegraph added this bit in article about Heaton.

The United manager has told Heaton, 37, that he will not be allowed to leave the club this summer despite the veteran asking the club to permit him to leave in order that he can be a Premier League regular. It follows United’s decision to withdraw their contract offer to David De Gea, 32, the club’s long-term No 1, who is now out of contract this week.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-man-united-tom-heaton-luton-town-goalkeeper/

So tomorrow might be last day for De Gea as a ManUtd player.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Would he really be a no 1 in the premier league? Even Luton would be aiming higher wouldn't they?

In terms of De Gea, yeah it's obvious he's gone. Free agent.

Where do we think he'll end up then?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think this is the best option for everyone as he was only getting in the way of young Heaton's development.

Witchking

If this is true which i hope is true, then thank you to De Gea for being a ray of sunshine for most of the seasons. The United team and management has been crap since 2013 and he played a vital role in us not dropping to 8 and below positions. Was a world class goal keeper. Still remember the 2015 fax debacle which may have benefitted United but not him as he might have some something more with Madrid.

The game has passed him by. He really tried to be a more active GK last season, trying to sweep, play short passes but he has come up short.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
with money tight and ffp looking large, i think we’d be stupid to overlook getting a keeper of his calibre in on a free.

Reactions: moses

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Heaton as a number 2 ? Madness !

If we sign another keeper, I won't keep De Gea as a backup option to have him on the bench.

I would go and have another keeper on loan like we did with Butland.

JB7

It'll be interesting to see what serious interest comes his way once he is officially out of contract.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I've met quite a few Spanish people who share this view.
The view of DDG changed a lot since the world cup 2018 and the rivalry he had with Casillas. Spanish journalists thinks he's not god enough and his absence in the Spain's NT proves it for them.

All the stats show that this year in PL, he was at best an average keeper.

We should let him leave, buy a new keeper, but I won't go in the abuse as I think he was very good for a large spell of his time here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hate how we've handled it, but ultimately came to the right choice if it's true. No clue where he goes. Turkey with Mata? Mid table spanish side on tiny wages? Saudi? MLS? Don't see any other option for him really.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I want to know where Heaton thinks he’ll be playing.
The "man-united-tom-heaton-luton-town-goalkeeper" from the link in the OP might be a clue.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I Love DDG as a guy but I think those daft wages really fecked everything up.

Woulda been great if he’d stayed as a back up / cup keeper on 100k a week.

Feels like he’s in an awkward place of being not right for Utd but too good for Saudi etc.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I Love DDG as a guy but I think those daft wages really fecked everything up.

Woulda been great if he’d stayed as a back up / cup keeper on 100k a week.

Feels like he’s in an awkward place of being not right for Utd but too good for Saudi etc.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.
Is that really in the normal range of what back up keepers get now? I know we pay Henderson that but we did so both because at the time we had a belief he could challenge for first choice and also that he had enough sale value that we'd recoup it.

RVN1991

Shameful how the club handled his exit and how some sections of the fan base have treated him this season. Should've gone to Madrid when he had the chance. Probably Saudi bound as he's regressed dramatically and don't see anybody in Europe coming close to what he'd want to earn.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The "man-united-tom-heaton-luton-town-goalkeeper" from the link in the OP might be a clue.
:lol:

Is that really in the normal range of what back up keepers get now? I know we pay Henderson that but we did so both because at the time we had a belief he could challenge for first choice and also that he had enough sale value that we'd recoup it.
100k would make him one of the highest paid keepers in the league, period

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Pathetically handled, but exits of long-serving members of the squad have been handled poorly for years now.

RVN1991

Would he really be a no 1 in the premier league? Even Luton would be aiming higher wouldn't they?

In terms of De Gea, yeah it's obvious he's gone. Free agent.

Where do we think he'll end up then?
Tom Heaton is "aiming higer"?

Yakuza_devils

It's the right time for DDG to go. But it's shameful how the fan disrespect one of our best/long serving player.

Thank you DDG for given your best years to the club winning major trophies for us.

Castia

He's been a great servant to the club and deserves a better send off

That being said we cannot keep hoofing the ball 60 yards upfield giving countless possession away every match. It's time to move on.

crossy1686

career ending
He's been a great servant to the club and deserves a better send off

That being said we cannot keep hoofing the ball 60 yards upfield giving countless possession away every match. It's time to move on.
Still get chills thinking about his kicks in the FA cup final.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Some massive underrating of him going on in here. He would be fantastic for a mid to low table Premier League side that faces a lot of shots.

The idea he’s not good enough for EPL is ridiculous. He’s not good enough for a top class side with intentions to play progressive football. Big difference.

TheGodsInRed

No that's the range for a top 6 first choice keeper. Less than 40k I would say.

L1nk

Some massive underrating of him going on in here. He would be fantastic for a mid to low table Premier League side that faces a lot of shots.

The idea he’s not good enough for EPL is ridiculous. He’s not good enough for a top class side with intentions to play progressive football. Big difference.
Agreed he'd be class for some lower team that isn't particular about playing out from the back... but I cannot see him stooping to that, especially as they won't be able to pay the wages he's been accustomed to here, even if we have been grossly overpaying him. He may surprise me though!

LARulz

Really poorly handled a long standing player who has generally done excellent for us. He never even got a good bye

I will be surprised if Saudi's don't come after him

Status
Not open for further replies.