David de Gea has left Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

GL Dave

It was time but the club as usual made a right mess of his departure

Sad that he’s gone :(

NLunited

Brst of luck Dave, you have had many incredible seasons here over the years as one of the best line keepers in the world.

I Am Zlatan

Good luck! I was a fan of his (until recently), but I am excited to see a change in goal.

Revan

Assumptionman
Average in his last few years but he was fecking incredible for almost a decade, and likely the best goalkeeper in the world for a year or two. Easily, United‘s best player of last decade, and at his bes, probably the best keeper we ever had. His top level was just incredible.

I wish him all the best.

El Jefe

feck those at the club who were responsible for him not getting the farewell he deserved.

It was the right decision for him to leave but not this way.

Sticking to the positive, I'll never forget his run of absolutely fantastic performances from 2014-2018. That was up there with some of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen.

All the best Dave and happy he at least got to win one PL title here even though his performances probably deserved more.

cyberman

At his peak he was the best keeper on the world then modern football almost changed overnight.
That fax machine must be a sliding doors moment he’ll always wonder about

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Forever a United legend. One of the best we've ever had. Hero.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such a consistently formidable shop-stopper as De Gea between 2014-2018, some of the stuff he pulled just seemed impossible and we’d have really struggled under Van Gaal and Mourinho without him.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I feel like it's the right change for the club to make, as long as we have the replacement lined up already.

But it doesn't sit right that he didn't get a farewell at Old Trafford and a chance for us to thank him for his service.

mu4c_20le

feck those at the club who were responsible for him not getting the farewell he deserved.

It was the right decision for him to leave but not this way.

Sticking to the positive, I'll never forget his run of absolutely fantastic performances from 2014-2018. That was up there with some of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen.

All the best Dave and happy he at least got to win one PL title here even though his performances probably deserved more.
He got van gaal'd :/

VivaRonaldo85

A real shame he never got a proper send off for 12 years service. Thanks for everything Dave.

It was time for a refresh in goal so excited to see Onana and what he can bring.

IrishMcD

Legend in my eyes. World class for a period, always wore his heart on his sleeve. One of those players you knew playing for the club meant a lot to him. While he hasn’t been at his best recently, he still had some great performances and the abuse he took online was as hard to see. An absolute pro.

CloneMC16

He was exceptional between 13/14 - 17/18. Thank you for those years.

Time to move on to a new era.

El Zoido

With him and Phil Jones now having left, that’s the last of the Fergie era gone, isn’t it?

quadrant

All the best Dave. That game against Arsenal was perhaps the best shot stopping performance we’ve seen in the Prem.

Blood Mage

Club legend and our player of the decade overall. He saved us from so many embarrassments throughout the LVG era, I think he made an argument for being the best keeper in the world at that time.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
One of our best ever keepers. Wish him the best of luck for the rest of his career.

Kaizane

Deserved better at the end but I'm sure he knows as well as anyone it is time. Cheers, Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.