David de Gea has left Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great move for him and realistically he's no worse than Courtois even now. Got to be happy for him.

Devil81

He's got lucky here because he was clearly struggling to find a new club to take on his hefty wage.

Kaos

Stylistically him and Courtois aren't entirely different. Madrid don't really play out from the back anyway and they'll dominate most opponents in their league so I think he'll be fine.

A one year contract makes sense, and if he impresses perhaps they could keep him longer.

Orange Tree

I'd be happy for him if he could join another big club. Always sad to see a long serving player gone, even though everyone knows his time is up.

Dannn411

Would love to see this just for the sheer hilarity of having De Gea play for the most impatient fans on the planet.

JediSith

Would love to see this just for the sheer hilarity of having De Gea play for the most impatient fans on the planet.
At RM they’ll love him if he makes saves and won’t really care about his inability to play out from the back. So assuming he avoids the howlers and makes saves he’ll become a fan favorite.

Funnily enough being at RM greatly increases his odds of getting called up for the Spanish national team.

OverratedOpinion

Stylistically him and Courtois aren't entirely different. Madrid don't really play out from the back anyway and they'll dominate most opponents in their league so I think he'll be fine.

A one year contract makes sense, and if he impresses perhaps they could keep him longer.
I wouldn't say that's quite true. You've got the best keeper in the world at commanding his area against one who's in the bottom 25%.

Would definitely take some adjusting in how they defend crosses and set pieces.

gajender

At RM they’ll love him if he makes saves and won’t really care about his inability to play out from the back. So assuming he avoids the howlers and makes saves he’ll become a fan favorite.

Funnily enough being at RM greatly increases his odds of getting called up for the Spanish national team.
Of Course football's most unforgiving fanbase would take liking to De Gea who is not only timid most of the times but also prone to wilting under the Spotlight at biggest stage this would definitely go well .

But all this is moot anyway De Gea most likely won't end at Madrid .

Last edited:

Strelok

I wouldn't say that's quite true. You've got the best keeper in the world at commanding his area against one who's in the bottom 25%.

Would definitely take some adjusting in how they defend crosses and set pieces.
I watched La Liga for a couple seasons back in 2017-2019 because it's free and based on that they don't cross a lot there. And imo the most important thing for a Madrid keeper is one vs one and shot stopping because they dominate most of their games there and their keeper got to work mostly because of the counters.

Don't know how it's now though.

OverratedOpinion

I watched La Liga for a couple seasons back in 2017-2019 because it's free and based on that they don't cross a lot there. And imo the most important thing for a Madrid keeper is one vs one and shot stopping because they dominate most of their games there and their keeper got to work mostly because of the counters.

So Alisson would be statistically the the best at dominating his area in the Prem.

Last season per 90 in the Prem Alisson faced 10.73 crosses per game.

Last season per 90 in La Liga Courtois faced 11.81 crosses per game.

So actually more!

quadrant

Pressing has definitely landed in La Liga, albeit not as intense as in the Prem. The top teams need to be able to handle a press on their keeper and defence, not to mention in Europe. Also the way Real often play is to hold possession in deeper areas and then attack very quickly using their pace up front. So they need a keeper with good footwork to hold the ball with defenders.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Actually they cross more in La Liga these days.

Strelok

So Alisson would be statistically the the best at dominating his area in the Prem.

Last season per 90 in the Prem Alisson faced 10.73 crosses per game.

Last season per 90 in La Liga Courtois faced 11.81 crosses per game.

So actually more!
Imo you should post the average number of crosses per 90' in the PL not only from Allison.
Pressing has definitely landed in La Liga, albeit not as intense as in the Prem. The top teams need to be able to handle a press on their keeper and defence, not to mention in Europe. Also the way Real often play is to hold possession in deeper areas and then attack very quickly using their pace up front. So they need a keeper with good footwork to hold the ball with defenders.
Actually they cross more in La Liga these days.
I see. Thanks for the info.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Quality control
He’s a mental midget who would crumble under the pressure of playing for fans who would demand success, who don’t just “back their man”, top reds, or should I say top whites. I don’t know why our fans think we owe this fraud anything. He tried to leave before, he’s never improved his game, he’s a glorified shot stopper. I can’t wait to see him implode at real, even in a farmers league like La Liga, I trust this man to crumble.

Oh and his abysmal mistakes cost us the 2012 title. feck off Dave.

acnumber9

He’s a mental midget who would crumble under the pressure of playing for fans who would demand success, who don’t just “back their man”, top reds, or should I say top whites. I don’t know why our fans think we owe this fraud anything. He tried to leave before, he’s never improved his game, he’s a glorified shot stopper. I can’t wait to see him implode at real, even in a farmers league like La Liga, I trust this man to crumble.

It must be tiring being this angry.

El Jefe

I really hope he can go there and have a great year. I just worry if DDG has the mentality to play for Madrid. He tends to shit himself when pressure is really on and it will be as much as it's ever been for him at RM.

RVN1991

Clown

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

I got to the point where I was sick of the sight of him as well, but I mean, he's gone now mate.

OverratedOpinion

Imo you should post the average number of crosses per 90' in the PL not only from Allison.
Not to be rude but it'd be a ball ache to find on my phone. Alisson is a pretty good metric as it doesn't drastically change on the top 10.

If you just have a look for average crosses per 90 in Google for both leagues you will find them. The Prem really isn't a very cross heavy league.

Edit: Nevermind, kindly provided already.

Strelok

Not to be rude but it'd be a ball ache to find on my phone. Alisson is a pretty good metric as it doesn't drastically change on the top 10.

If you just have a look for average crosses per 90 in Google for both leagues you will find them. The Prem really isn't a very cross heavy league.
I googled but couldn't find anything (I'm not really good at these stuffs). Anyway a poster has posted that info above and it's clear Liga now cross quite a lot more than in the PL. What a change really.

OverratedOpinion

I googled but couldn't find anything (I'm not really good at these stuffs). Anyway a poster has posted that info above and it's clear Liga now cross quite a lot more than in the PL. What a change really.
Not that he couldn't still do well there btw. They do have some very good defenders in the air. Might make them question him though.

I honestly think they sign someone like Soria from Getafe.

JediSith

Of Course football's most unforgiving fanbase would take liking to De Gea who is not only timid most of the times but also prone to wilting under the Spotlight at biggest stage this would definitely go well .

But all this is moot anyway De Gea most likely won't end at Madrid .
Let’s look at De Gea’s strengths. He actually, contrary to popular belief, did well in his first two seasons at United. Despite the teething problems. And he had his best years under Moyes, LVG, and sporadically under Jose. All times when we played deep, and the problem was our defence was regularly breached.

Now at RM he might very well make early mistakes, but DDG has always been a confidence keeper. A great save will see him go on a run of top performances. Likewise an early error could see him make several over the next matches.

Steve 007

Go on David, majority of fans wish you the best of luck unless you are playing utd. I think he’ll raise his game again and show why he was our player of the season more than once. Please when you play us, can you play like the Europa quarters

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Finally gets his move to Madrid. Ashame they didn’t actually want him but they need him now there keepers injured. Talk about not feeling the love. Hope he shines though.

BorisManUtd

Would be nice if David's move to Madrid happens, even 8 years late. Only turning 33 in November which isn't old for a GK (not young either but could potentially have another 5 years or so in him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Madrid are trying to sign Yacine Bounou according to reports with Sevilla wanting Just under €20m including bonuses.

RVN1991

Madrid are trying to sign Yacine Bounou according to reports with Sevilla wanting Just under €20m including bonuses.
Fantastic deal for Real if true. Love Dave but Bounou is easily the better keeper atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.