David Moyes | West Ham in talks with him for managerial job

Mr Smith

Just got round to watching MOTD, and his press conference after the Southampton defeat was just so timid, looks like a broken man. Don't know how we ever thought he could manage here.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Was reading this article about him taking Sunderland to train in NYC thinking that he sounds slightly more likable than normal, then he ruins it in the last paragraph by outing himself as a Trump sympathiser...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/10/sunderland-david-moyes-new-york

All that remained was for Moyes to issue an open invitation to the new US president. “If Donald Trump wants to come and see the boys, he’s very welcome,” he said. “Maybe we’ll go to Trump Tower, see if we can get anywhere near it.”

Oh, Dave.
:nono:

Jesus Christ. I'd stop supporting United if he came out as a Trump sympathise while our manager. There's some things that's bigger than football.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
:nono:

Jesus Christ. I'd stop supporting United if he came out as a Trump sympathise while our manager. There's some things that's bigger than football.
Didn't our owners make big donations to Trump's campaign? I think I read that somewhere.

Bojan11

You cannot blame him? Look at the shit he has signed. He spent £40m nearly. All Sunderland needed were a few decent players behind Defoe. As Sunderland unlike the other teams around them have a 15 goal striker.

I mean yeah let's not blame Davey because he was clearly forced to spend £8m on Djilobodji. You could have got better defenders in the championship.

Tosicsleftpeg

I mean yeah let's not blame Davey because he was clearly forced to spend £8m on Djilobodji. You could have got better defenders in the championship.
Fair one Djiboji is absolutely terrible every time I watch them, even though it's usually just highlights on Motd he makes massive mistakes regularly. They also signed Donald love from us who was clearly only passable in the prem when protected by a team of very good players and even then he looked dodgy.

Sunderland will go down with the foxes this season in quite confident of that.

Robertd0803

Would anyone actually listen to him as a pundit though? Its tough enough listening to him in a post match interview (which to be fair we only listen to for comedy value these days) spouting nonsense.

Oaencha

Does anyone think this is it for him in management?

Unless he goes into international football could he end up on BT Sports or BBC as a pundit if Sunderland get relegated? I don't see him slogging it out in the Championship And surely any other premier league club is going to look elsewhere than him.
This will definitely be his last PL job. His time at Everton and his (brief) association with Utd will be enough to get him offers from abroad. I wouldn't be suprised if he takes over the Scotland gig from Gordon Strachan.

kentafuji

Hasnt he already done some guest punditry, so it probably would be an option for him if he struggles to get a another job after Sunderland.

Flying_Heckfish

Just got round to watching MOTD, and his press conference after the Southampton defeat was just so timid, looks like a broken man. Don't know how we ever thought he could manage here.
That's just his default demeanor.

This is only broken when he occasionally gets some kind of result, where he flips 180 and goes back into smug mode

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Steve Bates on United in Press shared a moment of wisdom tonight from meeting David Moyes on Sunday evening and discussing the 4-0 defeat to Southampton - Moyes said that if you take the Palace game and the Southampton game together as a pair, then they'd have been happy to get three points out of that pair, which they did; therefore he said they were no further back having been hammered 4-0 at home to Southampton.

Fascinating insight into the mind of a former United manager there.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Steve Bates on United in Press shared a moment of wisdom tonight from meeting David Moyes on Sunday evening and discussing the 4-0 defeat to Southampton - Moyes said that if you take the Palace game and the Southampton game together as a pair, then they'd have been happy to get three points out of that pair, which they did; therefore he said they were no further back having been hammered 4-0 at home to Southampton.

A mentality that fosters mediocrity. One step forward, 2 steps back.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's a living Squires cartoon.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Didn't our owners make big donations to Trump's campaign? I think I read that somewhere.
Rich American companies and people are known to make donations to both parties. Trump himself did that. Need to be on the good side of the ones in charge when it comes time to cash in the favors.

Robertd0803

Would always think the minimum return out of 2 games you would aim for would be 4 points and not 3.

No further back after a 4-0 hammering at home in front of their fans? Fair enough considering that the hammering cancelled out any goal difference they gained by thrashing Palace themselves.

stevoc

Yeah and if he was averaging 1.5 points from every game they would be fine. The problem is they are averaging less than a point a game and on course for a 28 point season, which is atrocious.

Ixion

"I think Koeman is doing a good job. Everton want to compete with the top clubs but I still think there's a bit to do to break into it," says Moyes, who returns for only the second time.

"We were fortunate in that we did break into it when we got into the Champions League, so maybe looking back it just shows you what level of achievement that actually was."

This guy is so far up his own arse its amazing. Asked about Koeman and brings up his own achievements.

"I think Koeman is doing a good job. Everton want to compete with the top clubs but I still think there's a bit to do to break into it," says Moyes, who returns for only the second time.

"We were fortunate in that we did break into it when we got into the Champions League, so maybe looking back it just shows you what level of achievement that actually was."

This guy is so far up his own arse its amazing. Asked about Koeman and brings up his own achievements.
:lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He had managed to feck up in qualifying rounds of CL. Lost in qualifying round and then went on to lose in the round prior to group stage in UEFA cup also. Credit where due that he did quite well at Everton given resources, but he is just sounding deluded fool as usual by bigging it up more than how it was. "Got into" champions league isn't technically true when they didn't even get into group stage that season.

pixel

It really is gobsmacking. Does he not realize what an absolute bellend he comes across as when he spouts shite like this? I always think I can't possibly dislike him any more, and he always proves me wrong.

stevoc

Really so who did you play in the group stage that year Dave?

opopop

Well Sunderland have been trying for years to break into the Championship and it looks like he's the man to lead them there.

I wonder what odds Id get on backing him landing in China for a job within two years.

opopop

Really so who did you play in the group stage that year Dave?
Moyes "Well steveoc, I got a ticket to see Villareal versus PSG in the group stages, not my fault the players couldnt get into the stadium. "

Revan

Assumptionman

And the funny thing is that they never got into Champions League. They got into qualifications of Champions League and were eliminated, to only get eliminated in the first round of UEFA cup.

Hammerfell

The penny has finally dropped for a lot of Sunderland fans, they want him gone. He's absolutely clueless and his attitude has had them relegated from day one.

stevoc

The penny has finally dropped for a lot of Sunderland fans, they want him gone. He's absolutely clueless and his attitude has had them relegated from day one.
It was Feb/March before most sensible United fans finally accepted he was not upto the job also.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

Christ, it's like a parody someone here would write to reflect the impression many of us have of him - except of course he's long gone beyond parody.

Robbie Boy

When did you accept it?

The back to back losses at home to Everton and then Newcastle was when I realised he was totally out of his depth.
I never actually wanted him, to be honest. I mean he done a grand job at Everton but I always found him an awfully dour cnut.

His comments about wanting to be on City's level and our general shit performances led me to wanting him gone pretty soon into his reign. I never felt he had it in him to turn things around with his defeatist attitude and his signing of Fellaini spoke volumes about the man. I would say I got truly fed up by Christmas.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Probably too late now for his sacking to make any real difference. They should stick with him and let us all enjoy watching him get relegated.

stevoc

I came to that conclusion during december 0-1s vs newcastle and everton at home.
I never wanted him, never liked him and didn't think he would be a success but once he was appointed i got behind him and convinced myself that Ferguson must have knew something i didn't. Those two results in december were when i knew i was right, but it wasn't until the 2-2 at home to Fulham (a game i was at) that i realized he just had to go asap it couldn't wait until the end of the season. Never seen anything like that match, as Einstein once said it was the definition of insanity that day. Cross, after cross, after cross.

spwd

Christ, what a complete tit, as someone said on the last page, he seems to come up with new reasons to dislike him even more.