David Silva

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's been a wonderful footballer, one of those players that's great to watch.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
I genuinely believe he's been one of the most naturaly talented players we've ever seen in the premiership. So underrated it's unbelievable....City are literally nothing without him in that team. Only downfall is maybe he should have more goals to his game which is weird because his goal scoring record for Spain is terrific. For me he's the one player we should
have gone all out for. 24 million was bargain of the century. Probably would've got more recognition as an all time great had he not been so loyal to city.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's such a lovely player to watch. A true playmaker and the kind id love to have.

WhoDaGOAT

Silva is probably the best natural playmaker in Premier League history.

While he racks up lots of assists himself, look at how many times he feeds the assister. Kolarov, Zabaleta and Milner really benefited form his vision for years.

Donut

He has the highest football IQ in the league. No doubt.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he's great. Probably one of the only players who has consistently performed for City this season too.

izec

As good as he is on the ball, he is also extremely dislikeable, complaining all the time and has developed a bit of a cuntishness. Fernandinho and Silva are the two players that stand out in that regard when i watch City.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
We should sign the new david Silva, Bernardo Silva

TsuWave

always been a fan. pretty lowkey off the pitch too and I don't remember ever seeing many, if any, "Barca/Real bound"/"Silva is unhappy at City" rumours. Seems like he's really just about his football.

Now that I think about it, City doesn't really struggle with keeping players from Spain and South America, they just stay there and keep to themselves, meanwhile United gets linked with a player from France of all places and he's in the media talking about "you see, the weather is really important to me" :lol:

Raw

He's immense, better than De Bruyne. Shame he plays for that lot, because I quite like him.

Chicharito_

Yeah really is a joy to watch, City very lucky to have him in his prime years. Always thought he was perhaps just a level below being good enough for RM or Barca hence he never went there but now think he would get into both sides comfortably, if he was more of a goal threat then it's frightening how good he could be.

On a side note I always find it funny how on this forum we can speak highly about City players and praise them etc but if a thread was made like this on Bluemoon half of them would call our player shit or insult them and then the other half would be caught up in an argument about accusing or being accused of being a 'rag'.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wonderful player. Absolute joy to watch, especially when he's putting in displays like he did against Palace yesterday. Incredible!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awesome player. I hated seeing it for City but he, Nasri and Touré in their prime linked up so well.

RooneyLegend

Fantastic player, probably the most technically gifted player in the league in the past decade. Pity he didn't take his game to the next level as he threatened to a few years ago cause then he'd go down as an all time great.

KingofNYC

His general play is incredible. He is in the Iniesta, thiago and verratti bracket of players.

And I take them over guys like Juan mata, KDB or Coutinho.

diarm

As shite as they are as a club, they've had some wonderful players over the last decade and this fella sits right at the top of that list.

The league will be a weaker this time next week without him in it. A class act and incredible footballer to watch - his partnership with Aguero sits right up there with the very best pairings the Premier League has seen.

City have a serious job on their hands in replacing what guys like Silva, Kompany and Aguero have given them over the last 10 years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
About 8 years ago, there used to be regular debates about who's better between Silva and Mata. It may seem insane now but it was actually really hard to call back then.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
About 8 years ago, there used to be regular debates about who's better between Silva and Mata. It may seem insane now but it was actually really hard to call back then.
Was always clearly Silva, IMO.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He was always too small to be a success in The-Super-Brute-Force-Power-Man-English-Premier-League.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A credit to himself. Impossible to dislike. Incredible player. At his peak, he wasn't far off Iniesta.
Remember reading aghast at our assessment that he was too small and slow.
£22m ffs! What a bargain.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Thank feck he won't be playing against us again.

Pep's Suit

Incredibly underrated player, in first half of 11/12 season I genuinely thought he was third best player in the world. Even this season, years past his peak Silva still has 6 goals and 10 assists in only 1748 mins.

Pep's Suit

David Silva on how he wants to be remembered: "I would like to be remembered as a good guy, who enjoys football. I hope the people enjoyed my football as well. It's simple."
@BBCSport

padr81

Supports
Man City
The player I'll miss most and he's sadly into his final few games. I think Aguero will go down in history as our greatest ever player but Silva will likely be Cities favourite ever player. Also for someone so talented one of the most selfless players I've ever seen.

Superunknown

A credit to himself. Impossible to dislike. Incredible player. At his peak, he wasn't far off Iniesta.
Remember reading aghast at our assessment that he was too small and slow.
£22m ffs! What a bargain.
Agree with all of this. That price tag just looks incredibly silly now. City got themselves one hell of a player.

He's the type of player that you can't help but admit is a fantastic player and a great one to watch, no matter the club he plays for. I remember thinking at the time that he was exactly the player we should have been signing.

City are not going to find it easy to replace him in the long term. Just a consistently fantastic player and seems like a nice guy, too. Can't remember him once causing anything close to controversy.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Was always clearly Silva, IMO.
Yeah, Mata was as productive (or even more productive) than Silva at some point, but those comparisons, while justified at the time, usually ended up with Silva as the winner.

Deery

Dreary
He’s a good player Silva always was but this past few months all you hear about is him leaving, I mean he’s good but he’s not Messi or Ronaldo good.
A lot better players than Silva never got any recognition when they left or retired.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
David Silva on how he wants to be remembered: "I would like to be remembered as a good guy, who enjoys football. I hope the people enjoyed my football as well. It's simple."
@BBCSport
“and getting two salaries off my club like all the other mercenaries here.”

That aside, he’s a magical footballer and seems like a great fella. It’s a pity he wasted his career at a club like City, though. Absolutely nobody cares about them. His talent deserved to be eulogised week after week at a proper footballing powerhouse.