David Silva

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Shame it ended the way it did for him. Class footballer. City will probably build him a statue now as it's good to wait for players to retire before building them statues right.

JuriM

Feels like City fans will always consider David Silva the bigger legend than Gundogan.
I think it's fair, it should be atm as:

Kompany, Silva, Agüero, Kevin de Bruyne.. And then the rest. The "first" significant purchases after the takeover who became huge success in the club and managed to take their football to another level within different set of managers has the bigger awe than the ones that have been added in last 5 years now.

flappyjay

Kompany, Silva, Agüero, Kevin de Bruyne.. And then the rest. The "first" significant purchases after the takeover who became huge success in the club and managed to take their football to another level within different set of managers has the bigger awe than the ones that have been added in last 5 years now.
Dont forget cake boy.

arthurka

Don't forget Benjani, Robinho, Santa, Adebayor and Head and Shoulders main model the Hart.

tomaldinho1

Yeah agreed - their transfer activity was hit and miss but it got them the pre Guardiola core of Kompany, KDB, Silva and Aguero. I don't think they'll ever have a better player than any of those bar Haaland for Aguero.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

What about Michah "burst onto the scene" Richards?

E-mal

I see you left Yaya out, he won't be happy. You know how particular he is about these kind of things

ScholesyTheWise

Yeah, I suspect there aren't that many United supporters who have any ill feelings toward him, even with the success he had with City.
A very likable player.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Kinda like comparing Cantona to Vidic.
Spot on. Silva is more iconic to City, Gundogan in the last 3 seasons been incredible, winning 3 consecutive EPLs and the treble and I think his performance was better than KdB in that periods (at least in 2/3).