Day 1: Turkey vs Italy

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That penalty was the only chance to salvage this game. The only high intensity moments are when Italy Swarm the ref.

Lyricist

All the other calls I thought were okay, albeit close calls. This incidence could've been a pen though.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Turkey shouldn't be this shit, they have some decent attackers in Calhanoglu and Yilmaz , they've both barely even gotten a kick.

Nick7

Penalty would have been harsh IMO. Glad it wasn’t given but I wouldn’t really have an argument if it was given

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Turkey shouldn't be this shit, they have some decent attackers in Calhanoglu and Yilmaz , they've both barely even gotten a kick.
We are REALLY good against technically inferior sides

The likes of France or Portugal will make us look pedestrian, but sides like Turkey should hardly get a sniff. 0-0 the best they can hope for

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Worth noting that the new 2021/22 handball rules are being applied at this tournament, so expected position for a player's action now matters more.

So don't expect the handball calls to be the same as the season just gone.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It *is* a rallying call - about the unification. Which means it's about war

But yeah, we're not really the most patriotic of people :lol:
What's that saying again, never meet your heroes? :D

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Turkey is defending better than us.
I was actually thinking the Italian attack reminds a lot of ours without Cavani. Lump it out to the left wing and see if Insigne can do something, while no one makes a run when he is twisting and turning, trying to manufacture a yard of space.

Abraxas

They're all a bit slow though, aren't they? Not much quality to actually play through the opposition into them, either.

Hester_manc

I just read that Turkish fans traveling to from Turkey have been denied entry to the stadium. The reason is that Italy only wants people from Europe in. If that is true, it's a scandal.

Parma Dewol

Think I’m in the minority, but thought the ref had a really good half. No faffing about, clear and consistent with his decision making, letting the game flow, and not getting caught up in close calls that could go either way.

If that had been our Premier League refs the game would have been stopped every two minutes and we’d have had at least two dodgy VAR decisions after numerous slow motion replays.

This feels like proper football with VAR doing its thing quietly in the background and only getting involved when absolutely necessary.

eire-red

Italy are missing Verrati to pick the lock in midfield. Also, I'd be surprised if we don't see Chiesa for Berardi in the second half.

Turkey look really solid defensively though.

Jaxa

I’m worried for the people who thinks that last one was a penalty, just because the ball hits your hand it doesn’t mean it’s a penalty btw

it has to/ should be deliberate hand to ball that makes it a penalty