Day 1: Turkey vs Italy

Dan_F

A stronger team struggling to break down a team camped in their own half. It’s like watching United. Although Italy have managed 2 shots on target in the first half, so probably not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For Turkey to get better, they have to move Yazici out wide and get Karaman off. Karaman has lost the ball on almost every occasion and is not even doing anything useful for Turkey.
There’s one fat guy in midfield for them who looks like he shouldn’t be playing at the Euros

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
A stronger team struggling to break down a team camped in their own half. It’s like watching United. Although Italy have managed 2 shots on target in the first half, so probably not.
They're also not trailing after a corner, yet.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Unsure if Italy can keep this high intensity up. Should Turkey keep it to 0-0 until the final 15-20 minutes, they could nick this yet by playing through tired Italian bodies late on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Senol Gunes is looking very angry on the touchline. He's furious at Turkey just staying back and not pushing up when they get on the ball.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think we'll see a lot of this in the groups with a stand out favourite. If you can grab a point and then beat 1 of the 2 weaker sides you're through

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There’s one fat guy in midfield for them who looks like he shouldn’t be playing at the Euros
Ozan Tufan? Nah, he's one of their better peformers, typically; Turkey, overall, are hamstrung by their overall nervousness, which is why their better players aren't as influential. Karaman, though, has been terrible. He really should be doing much better, but he's losing the ball way too easily.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Then you are a bit blind. Locatelli, Insigne and Barella are all quality players. They will pin every team in the tournament back in their half.
They’re good players, I haven’t said otherwise. My point was thinking back to the great Italy sides of old. Totti, De Rossi, Buffon, Pirlo, Gattuso, Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta, Del Piero and Vieri are all players I remember from tournaments when I was younger. Go back before my time and you have players like Baresi, Rossi, Zoff, Baggio… the list goes on.

You won’t be putting any of the current side in that list in 10 years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think I've seen a side (Turkey) camped in their own half against such an toothless side (Italy) before :lol:

EDIT: actually yeah I do, Fulham against us under Moyes in the game of 1000 crosses :lol: :lol:

predator

Youth NITK
This whole half has felt like a game where the better team is trying to get an equaliser in the final 5 minutes of the Champions league final.

ThinkTank@Cafe

FM series creators should sack all their Italian scouts. They’ve been assigning crazy attributes to Italian players for ages. Locatelli, Donnaruma, Tonali, Barella, Bastoni, even Spinazzola are world players according to FM. They have a golden generation in every release. In reality, Italy is crap almost every tournament. Italian players don’t do well outside Serie A. The most overrated league and nation in the world football.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
But why was the diver not booked for clear and obvious simulation.

Abraxas

It's logical from Turkey. No consolation for the neutral but coming to clog it up and hope for a Calhanoglu set piece delivery makes sense. They will earmark Wales as very winnable and Switzerland as anybody's match. If they go behind they'll be in a lot of trouble trying to shift things though.

Redfrog

Its Nadal on clay.. there is only one winner.

edit : aaaand.. it had to happen
This one is a good watch. And Djoko is no pushover.
I like la terre battue (clay), it’s much more interesting to me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Italy looking really dominant but they really need Verratti in there for the extra quality in midfield. I'd probably put Chiesa in attack too, Berardi is very "meh" to me.

Irwin99

Turkey getting quite a few calls from the ref. Chielini is bossing it.