Group A
Ref: Slavko Vinčić (Slovenia)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 26
Sunday 20 June, 18.00 CET @ Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Group A
Ref: Ovidiu Hațegan (Romania)​

RedDevilRoshi

Looking at how that group table currently stands, what happens if Italy beat Wales 3-0 and Switzerland beat Turkey 2-0, who goes through as runners up?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Looking at how that group table currently stands, what happens if Italy beat Wales 3-0 and Switzerland beat Turkey 2-0, who goes through as runners up?
9) Lower disciplinary points total in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);

10) Higher position in the European Qualifiers overall ranking.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Fair Play table. From what I can tell Wales are 'winning' on that 3 yellow cards to 4. If that's even as well, Switzerland get it on overall qualifying rank.

predator

Youth NITK
I knew it already but the euros just confirms how much better the summers are in continental Europe than the UK. Despite being on similar latitudes to the UK, a lot of places on the continent regularly get 30 degrees plus for longer periods.

The gulf stream eh.

V.O.

I knew it already but the euros just confirms how much better the summers are in continental Europe than the UK. Despite being on similar latitudes to the UK, a lot of places on the continent regularly get 30 degrees plus for longer periods.

The gulf stream eh.
Yeah, it's definitely warmer. I moved to Sweden a few months ago. Nobody fecking told me it's hotter here than Britain in summer. It's been late 20s every day for a while and continuing all week, I think it's supposed to be mid-teens and cloudy back home.

However, I fecking hate what most people would call 'nice weather'. :lol:

sillwuka

Rumours from Italian media that it will be a fully rotated side.

Wales could actually do damage against a backline of, Toloi- Acerbi - Bastoni - Emerson

V.O.

Wales could actually do damage against a backline of, Toloi- Acerbi - Bastoni - Emerson
Kind of a shame in a way. Was hoping to see Dan James have a run at the old folks at CB for Italy if they kept their fullbacks as high as the other games.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

feck sake. I need Immobile to bag a goal or 2.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Switserland and Turkey have to draw so we avoid the nr 3 of pool f. Doubt Turkey will be able to though, they've been properly wank so far.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
How safe are Wales to go through does anyone know?

I understand it is likely but what does it depend on? Thanks.

PoTMS

Anyone with 4 points already is practically through. Only way that doesn't happen is an extraordinary set of results in the other groups and Wales getting battered by Italy and losing out on goal difference.

KC91

Verratti to make his return, big boost for Italy. I expect Wales to score tomorrow against a rotated defense, but Italy to win.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Our line-up according to Sky Italy:
Donnarumma; Toloi, Bonucci, Bastoni, Emerson; Cristante, Jorginho, Verratti; Chiesa, Belotti, Insigne

According to RAI:
Donnarumma; Toloi Acerbi Bastoni Emerson; Pessina Jorginho Verratti; Chiesa Belotti Insigne

Around 6-7 regular starters on the bench, it won't be easy to defeat Wales.

V.O.

All of the following would have to happen for us to be out:
  • Wales lose to Italy
  • Switzerland beat Turkey
  • There's a 5+ goal swing in those games (and if it's exactly 5, Switzerland finish level or better on the Fair Play table when they're currently one yellow card 'behind' there as well)
  • Four of the other five third placed teams finish with a better record than Wales (which on 4 points requires a whole host of specific results, unlikely teams winning particular games, and draws in others etc)

V.O.

Also, someone needs to shoot the focus group that designed the Swiss FA badge.

TrueRomanista

Supports
AS Roma
Chiesa had a minor injury today and he’ll probably be out tomorrow

The Cat

All of the following would have to happen for us to be out:
  • Wales lose to Italy
  • Switzerland beat Turkey
  • There's a 5+ goal swing in those games (and if it's exactly 5, Switzerland finish level or better on the Fair Play table when they're currently one yellow card 'behind' there as well)
  • Four of the other five third placed teams finish with a better record than Wales (which on 4 points requires a whole host of specific results, unlikely teams winning particular games, and draws in others etc)
Thanks for that

The Cat

Anyone with 4 points already is practically through. Only way that doesn't happen is an extraordinary set of results in the other groups and Wales getting battered by Italy and losing out on goal difference.
Cheers

djembatheking

Surely Wales will rest Bale, Ramsey and James. Big risk of them getting a knock when they have already qualified. Looks like Italy will rest players too.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
How many non Swiss/Turks will be watching that game?
Well I guess most of the top National Teams are more interested about that game than Italy-Wales..

According to the UEFA grid:

If Switzerland defeat Turkey and qualify as one of the 4 best placed teams then it's very likely (5/6 -> 83%) that 3F would avoid Belgium, face Holland and finish in the "easier" side of the draw so I guess the following NTs: France, Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Italy will root for Switzerland today while Netherlands hope for something different.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well I guess most of the top National Teams are more interested about that game than Italy-Wales..

According to the UEFA grid:

If Switzerland defeat Turkey and qualify as one of the 4 best placed teams then it's very likely (5/6 -> 83%) that 3F would avoid Belgium, face Holland and finish in the "easier" side of the draw so I guess the following NTs: France, Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Italy will root for Switzerland today while Netherlands no..
Not sure why these teams are all so eager for us to send them home after the round of 16..

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can't see Wales winning this one. Going for another 3-0 for Italy, as I think Wales may rest one or two as they can't afford to risk their players due to poor squad depth.

::sonny::

Donnarumma

Toloi Acerbi Bastoni Emerson

Cristante

Verratti Pessina

Bernardeschi Belotti Insigne

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Isn’t a draw enough for both Italy and Wales..?

Jack-C20

Wales team looks like a fifa ultimate team with all their best players crammed in up front. Have they really not got another proper striker? Either way, hoping James can have another decent game.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
This matchday is already quite important for Portugal.

They could need two teams with less than 4 points, so they should hope that Swiss won't win this game.

V.O.

Wales team looks like a fifa ultimate team with all their best players crammed in up front. Have they really not got another proper striker? Either way, hoping James can have another decent game.
Our first choice striker has spent his career hovering between League One and the Champo, how much depth do you think we have? :lol:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
We make 8 changes. Only Donnarumma, Bonucci and Jorginho keep their places.