Day 12: Canada vs Morocco | Croatia vs Belgium | Costa Rica vs Germany | Japan vs Spain

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Spain actually benefit by losing.. get to play Morroco instead of Croatia, and you knock a potential rival in Germany out. If you know this and the score in Germany's match (who would need to score about 7), surely you try and not win?
That’s the good thing about spain not knowing the result. Costa Rica could snatch a winner and then spain could be out. If spain was so sure about Germany winning or drawing then them losing against Japan and not trying to score would be good for them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Has germany spat in the football gods cornflakes?

Glorio

I seem to be turning into a wuss with age, through out the third games in the group stages, I've automatically found my self supporting whichever side seems to be going out. Just seems more heartbreaking than usual for whatever reason

slored1

Musiala is the unluckiest player on the planet. Man must have hit the post 15 times in this WC.

RU Devil

Meh call me a buzzkill but I don't want Costa Rica going through. Japan absolutely deserve it though.
Yeah, I'd be gutted for Japan. Imagine if CR actually score another & Spain equalize. Everything in the balance. A goal in the Germany- CR game could knock either of the other teams.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The funny thing about the game is that Costa Rica actually need the (next) goal more than Germany :lol:

Lecland07

Germany are going out. They should just give up and ship a few goals so Spain go out with them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Thank you for your service Manuel.. enjoy your retirement.

phelans shorts

That’s the good thing about spain not knowing the result. Costa Rica could snatch a winner and then spain could be out. If spain was so sure about Germany winning or drawing then them losing against Japan and not trying to score would be good for them.
If Spain were throwing this game (I don’t believe they are, they’re just not that good) then they’d absolutely be getting what they deserved in that situation with going out.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is mental