Day 14: Mexico vs Sweden, South Korea vs Germany, Serbia vs Brazil, Switzerland vs Costa Rica

el3mel

Should be 4 wins for Mexico, Germany, Brazil and Swiss. Not expecting any upsets. Serbia can be tough to break down though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Glad for the argentos.Great match now against France

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mexico 1-1 Sweden
Korea 0-4 Germany
Serbia 0-0 Brazil
Switzerland 1-0 Costa Rica

Suddenly England and Belgium have no incentive to score own goals.

RedDevilRoshi

Mexico 1-2 Sweden
South Korea 0-3 Germany

Serbia 1-1 Brazil
Switzerland 1-0 Costa Rica

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Germany will annihilate South Korea.

Mexico-Sweden, I think it will be a decent match ending with a draw which will send Mexico first in the next stage and eliminate Sweden.

Switzerland to have an incredibly boring match with Costa Rica. I think it will be either 1-0 or 0-0 (0-0 sends them in the next stage for sure, while also avoiding the Germans).

Brazil-Serbia is the most interesting match of the day. Before the tournament started I had Serbia to win this match, but after the events of last match, I think that Serbia will go in full self-destruction mode and lose 4-0 or so.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Germany and Brazil to both go through.

Brazil group winners, Germany second.....

Hausen

Pretty insane how Mexico can still get knocked out even though they beat Germany and S Korea.

Whatever happens, Mexico please don’t lose!! Tie or a win and we’re good! :D

Crazy group

Seven Seas Sardines

My dream scenario:

Sweden beating Mexico 3-2 and Germany beating South Korea with 1 goal. That will mean that Mexico and Sweden go through on more goals scored in the meetings between the three teams with six points, Sweden as group winner. :drool:

Inter Yer Nan

Pretty insane how Mexico can still get knocked out even though they beat Germany and S Korea.

Whatever happens, Mexico please don’t lose!! Tie or a win and we’re good! :D

Crazy group
I really hope Mexico can get a draw at least. They don't deserve to go out but I am getting a horrible feeling they will lose this game and Germany will nob Korea so the double whammy of Brazil and Germany avoiding each other and Mexico going out despite 6 points.

It will be interesting to see how Brazil will react to whatever result in the other group because surely 2nd place is better for Brazil but you can't play on a knife edge like that.

klsv

Hopefully Sweden to join Iceland. Meaning the surprise team to get knocked out of the group stage this time is Brazil :drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very true. If we manage to get the first goal early, I can see Mexico giving away a lot of space on the counter though.
TBH you gave Germany a better game than I expected.

Just think Mexico will be a very difficult match up with their pace and power.

Would be a travesty if Mexico went out of this competition. I think they'll finish top of group with 9 points like Croatia have done.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Will be hilarious after all that has happened, Germany ends up winning the group. What are the possible results scenario of Sweden winning for this to happen? I guess it is 2-1 and more? And Germany to win by 2 goals. I have a funny feeling this might happen. Surely it would happen after I hedged my bet and booked new flights/hotels and purchased new tickets of Group F runner-up vs Group E winner. I hope not seriously. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Last edited:

Mr. P Mosh

Mexico always finds a way to advance to the second stage, so I hope it's the case here.

Sweden or Germany as second, I don't care, just want Mexico to go through.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Rudy is still out for the match today. Sad, because he needed additional game time to make his case for appearances in the KO rounds (given we do not feck up today :lol:), I guess Löw will otherwise be again reluctant to let him play.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
If both Sweden and Germany won 1-0, there would be 3 teams on 6 points with 3-2 GD who also won and lost one game against each other. In which case it would come down to fair play points, then drawing of lots.

Unless I'm mistaken.

Mr. P Mosh

If both Sweden and Germany won 1-0, there would be 3 teams on 6 points with 3-2 GD who also won and lost one game against each other. In which case it would come down to fair play points, then drawing of lots.

Unless I'm mistaken.
It would come to total goals scored in the games between the involved teams, Germany & Sweden would advance in that scenario.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Serbia is gonna do absolutely nothing. Fully expecting Brazil to seal the deal tonight without fuss

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
It would come to total goals scored in the games between the involved teams, Germany & Sweden would advance in that scenario.
No they wouldn't my friend.

If Sweden wins 1-0 and Germany wins 1-0, Sweden would advance as 1st of the group, and the 2nd would be decided by fair play between Mexico and Germany because they would be tied in everything else...

Micky Targaryen

Hoping for a Serbia and Switzerland win tonight. Can't stand that Brazilian diva.

If Brazil crashes out tonight, any chance Fred can have a full pre-season with us?

jimorrison

If Sweden wins 1-0 and Germany wins 1-0, Sweden would advance as 1st of the group, and the 2nd would be decided by fair play between Mexico and Germany because they would be tied in everything else...
in that case Mexico would advance since germany already has a red card, thanks to boateng vs sweden.

Mexico only has 2 yellow cards with Moreno and Herrera vs south korea

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Gomez and Werner starting for Germany this afternoon?

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past

Wrong. Germany would have 2:2, same as Sweden and Mexico would have 1:1 and being out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For some reason thought Brazil group was more or less decided.

So all to play for in both groups today. Should be interesting, at least Brazil group as Germany will win easily against South Korea.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Wrong. Germany would have 2:2, same as Sweden and Mexico would have 1:1 and being out.
You're right. But still, Mexico will definitely score at least one goal. So let's hope Boateng's red card helps Mexico! Hahaha.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
You're right. But still, Mexico will definitely score at least one goal. So let's hope Boateng's red card helps Mexico! Hahaha.
right, Mexico losing 1:2 and Germany winning 1:0 and we have your scenario

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
So fecking nervous. I have a ticket to the Germany vs South Korea match but seems like I can only watch the last 10 minutes and that is a big if. I am at the Moscow airport now. Just landed from a 24 hour flight from Rostov. I landed in Rostov yesterday for just 4 hours to just watch the Iceland vs Croatia match and soon as the match ended, I had to rush back to the airport to get on a 24 hour flight to Kazan where I am on transit now in Moscow. I ended up shelling an additional €1,100 for the flight ticket, so stupid and I will only arrive in Kazan at 5:50 PM here and the match kicked off at 5 PM. Hopefully Germany is leading comfortably when I arrive and I can still enter the stadium.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So fecking nervous. I have a ticket to the Germany vs South Korea match but seems like I can only watch the last 10 minutes and that is a big if. I am at the Moscow airport now. Just landed from a 24 hour flight from Rostov. I landed in Rostov yesterday for just 4 hours to just watch the Iceland vs Croatia match and soon as the match ended, I had to rush back to the airport to get on a 24 hour flight to Kazan where I am on transit now in Moscow. I ended up shelling an additional €1,100 for the flight ticket, so stupid and I will only arrive in Kazan at 5:50 PM here and the match kicked off at 5 PM. Hopefully Germany is leading comfortably when I arrive and I can still enter the stadium.
Christ. That's some dedication.