Day 14: Mexico vs Sweden, South Korea vs Germany, Serbia vs Brazil, Switzerland vs Costa Rica

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Goretzka indeed on the right, but he moves to the center a lot.

Kearnkoff69

Mexico's defending has been shaky at best so far. This is looking to be a good game.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
It would come to total goals scored in the games between the involved teams, Germany & Sweden would advance in that scenario.
Don't think so. Most goals between 3 teams doesn't really make sense if you only look at the games between those teams. And if you take all the games into consideration then it's 3 for all in that scenario. Also couldn't find anything on the internet that would suggest that is how the it is evaluated.
No they wouldn't my friend.

If Sweden wins 1-0 and Germany wins 1-0, Sweden would advance as 1st of the group, and the 2nd would be decided by fair play between Mexico and Germany because they would be tied in everything else...
Based on what? Every factor would be equal between those teams, except for fair play points.

FWIW the commentator here also said that it would come down to fair play in that case.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
You can never underestimate Mexico's ability to go mental and throw a game away. I wouldn't be surprised if they go out today.

Denis79

There was so much hype on here about Forsberg a while ago. Watched Swedens games in the WC so far, he's really poor. Been injured or something?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There was so much hype on here about Forsberg a while ago. Watched Swedens games in the WC so far, he's really poor. Been injured or something?
Nope he just had a good season, was average last year.

podurban2

Everyone is hyped on here, I have said numeral times that he is not good enough for a club like United. Caftards gonna be caftards :)

Sylar

I really dislike Phil Neville as a commentator. Why doe he commentate at times like hes constipated.

Would VAR look at that or was he just going on Berg's reaction?
Not sure. TBH the whole thing is weird in terms of the rules.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Neuer did not look good against Mexico, now this :-( Hope he gets back in shape. Scary.

Anustart89

Sweden have a guy running through in Mexico's half for a quick free kick, Mexican player picks the ball up and throws it away, no yellow given.. :rolleyes:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
As much as I'd like Germany to go out early I can't see anything but an easy win for them against SK.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I cannot believe I am saying this, but Jonas Hector has to play for Germany. Not because he's good (he's not) but because he is an actual alive left back.

simmee

Lindelof has been really good so far. Very composed and a few good interceptions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
South Korea have probably been better here. Sweden look more dangerous too whenever I look up at the other screen. Just hoping Mexico dont get knocked out but could well happen.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Why is Germany second in the live table? Discipline record?

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You realise that now? It’s the sole reason he’s got like 30 caps.
True. It's just amazing how that position has not had a single quality German player in what seems like an entire generation. If Alaba had been born in München and not Wien, he'd have 100+ caps already for Germany, lol.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Goretzka's passing is hilarious. Its like he's deliberately seeking to pick out no player at all