Day 14: Wales vs Denmark | Italy vs Austria (Ro16 1&2)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 38
Saturday 26 June, 18.00 CET @ Johan Cruyff Arena, Amsterdam
Round of 16
Ref: Daniel Siebert (Germany)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 37
Saturday 26 June, 21.00 CET @ Wembley Stadium, London
Round of 16
Ref: Anthony Taylor (England)​

Last edited:

Tarrou

was pleased for Denmark getting through but as a Welshman was hoping we'd have gotten Finland or Russia instead.. gonna be a really tough match

Basso

Have 3 tickets for Belgium against group 3F or 3 E in Seville. Can be a blockbuster matchup against France or Portugal.
Want to swap for Wales-Denmark in Amsterdam!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wales-Denmark. Ref: Daniel Siebert (Germany)
Italy-Austria. Ref: Anthony Taylor (England)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
was pleased for Denmark getting through but as a Welshman was hoping we'd have gotten Finland or Russia instead.. gonna be a really tough match
Honestly, without Erikson I dont think they are all that, we can take them

Basso

Still annoyed Holland won't allow anyone from UK in. Would've been a great game/stadium/city to go to
Tickets sorted for Wales-Denmark! already 5000 tickets sold to fellow Danes but they are only allowed to stay in Holland for 12 hours. Luckily I live in Spain so I'm allowed to stay and rent a hotel for the night.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Easy win for Italy, and I'm going for a narrow Denmark win. I think they're the better team, but it should be a great game.

Mike Smalling

Honestly a little surprised that the bookmakers favor Denmark so heavily. The Welsh have a good team and can really pose a threat with Bale and James on the wings. It is also going to be a new situation for Denmark, playing in a neutral ground after massive home support in the last three games.

Still think we will win though. 3-1.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Got tickets for the Denmark-Wales game. Can’t fecking wait, even if it would’ve been more fun in a full stadium and with Welsh fans, too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think Denmark and Italy will go through in normal time. Denmark have genuinely been very good, Wales will play on the counter but I think Denmark will have too much for them. Italy I don't think will have too much trouble.

Lee565

Italy have the luxury of being able to rest key players if they want for this r16 tie

KC91

Italy have the luxury of being able to rest key players if they want for this r16 tie
I hope we don't get that over confident.

Anything can happen in these knockouts, we still haven't see how this team will react if they go down a goal, they'll be playing on a brand new pitch, without the home support. I could honestly see a pretty cagey opening and a slower start from Italy than usual.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Got tickets for the Denmark-Wales game. Can’t fecking wait, even if it would’ve been more fun in a full stadium and with Welsh fans, too.
Will be great in Amsterdam tomorrow. First day everything will be open. I’m there too tomorrow.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Now provide a factual reason and not one you just made up.
Higher in the rankings, overwhelming favourite with the bookmakers. Prior to the Finland game, the only game they've lost in the past five years was to Belgium, the no 1 ranked team in the world.

Gandalf

Higher in the rankings, overwhelming favourite with the bookmakers. Prior to the Finland game, the only game they've lost in the past five years was to Belgium, the no 1 ranked team in the world.
Wales made Belgium their bitch in the last Euros and Bale has won more than the entire Denmark squad on his own. If Martin Braithwaite is the answer I don't think you are asking the right question.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Wales made Belgium their bitch in the last Euros and Bale has won more than the entire Denmark squad on his own. If Martin Braithwaite is the answer I don't think you are asking the right question.
Who cares what Bale has won in the past. His trophy record doesn't make the team.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Still prefer a front 4 of James, Ramsey, Bale and Moore over the Danish attack and Danny Ward is going to be taking Kasper's job soon too.
You're just needling now. :lol:

Gandalf

You're just needling now. :lol:
Kieffer Moore, Ballon d'Or. Of course I am insanely patriotic at the moment, that is what the competition is all about. Wales do have a very good system though and the individual flair to win it but it is probably going to be 1-0 one way or another, both sides are going to keep it tight. I do hope Denmark win the whole thing if they beat us though.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Kieffer Moore, Ballon d'Or. Of course I am insanely patriotic at the moment, that is what the competition is all about. Wales do have a very good system though and the individual flair to win it but it is probably going to be 1-0 one way or another, both sides are going to keep it tight. I do hope Denmark win the whole thing if they beat us though.
I'd be surprised if we don't go for jugular tbh.

But yeah whoever wins I hope will go all the way.

Mike Smalling

This world.
Come on now. Wales starting eleven includes 4-5 Championship players, while our line-up against Russia was made up entirely of PL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga players. Our weakest player plays for Barcelona FFS :wenger:

Not saying we will definitely win, but we are stronger on paper. That is not necessarily to our advantage, though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not being as good a team is a pretty strong reason.
Was same with Swiss and they just about dug out a 1-1. Can easily see the same tomorrow even if my hunch is Denmark will just get through. Could even be decided on penalties but extra time looks a strong bet.

Really looking forward to it, loads of good battles across the pitch, Kieffer Moore v Vestegaard in who can jump and head the crossbar. :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Come on now. Wales starting eleven includes 4-5 Championship players, while our line-up against Russia was made up entirely of PL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga players. Our weakest player plays for Barcelona FFS :wenger:

Not saying we will definitely win, but we are stronger on paper. That is not necessarily to our advantage, though.
I’ve seen that the Wales squad have 13 players in the squad outside top flight football, the other fifteen teams left have 13 combined. Haven’t checked how accurate it is.

RoyH1

I think we'll have surprises in this round of 16, but it will not be tomorrow. Wales-Denmark, will be close, very close, but I just think Denmark has the better, deeper squad and has more options from the bench. And Italy should see Austria off comfortably.

Mike Smalling

I’ve seen that the Wales squad have 13 players in the squad outside top flight football, the other fifteen teams left have 13 combined. Haven’t checked how accurate it is.
Could well be true. The Danish squad has a couple of Brentford players - not sure how they would be counted as they will be top flight from next season.

Top flight doesn’t mean a whole lot by itself though. The Championship is surely stronger than many of the top leagues in many countries.

IncyWincySpider

I think the Wales Denmark game could be an exciting one, certainly better than the evening kick off. I think Denmark will win narrowly, but Wales will put up a good fight.