Day 14: Wales vs Denmark | Italy vs Austria (Ro16 1&2)

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Hang on I thought Italy was now the bestest team ever? Whats happening?!

Makelele

Italy have to be perfect to win. France can play at 80% and win. That’s the difference.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sabitzer needs to stop shooting so.early when there is a break.on. Second time he's done that in this half.

Gonçalo Motta

I'm pleasantly surprised with this Euros quality overall.
The gap between the teams that are supposed to be the favourites (or the stronger teams) and the "weaker" teams isn't as big this year.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All the pundits before the game were banging on about how Italy would walk this, it could be 3 or 4 nil etc etc.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
True. What upsets me is that the Italians are a shadow of the team that won the previous few games
Just goes to show that knockout phase clichet is true. There are no easy games past the group stages. Well unless you play Wales I suppose.

Raredaredevil

Man...can't have Italy being knocked out so early. They are the only team in that half of the draw who can realistically beat France.

DickDastardly

Which smaller countries has a good league?
Portugal has a competitive league. Good NT

Austria now has a competitive league. Good NT

You get a pool of players you didn't usually get. For example Croatia. We rarely had players from our league in the NT, now we do. Because, our league became more competitive.

Nick7

That’s a pen.

tbf this is the one thing Italy didn’t face in the group, a team that can actually defend.