Day 16: Brazil vs. Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomac

But no one has said that.. None of us are claiming that Brazil are the greatest team,all we are saying is that they both did not look like clear red card incidents..
It still doesnt change the fact that brazils progression in this tournament is tainted by mistakes and bad desicions by the referees.

manufanatic

"crazy"
They didn't really.
Really ok. Ghana was all over them in the second half. If the had some sense they would have won that game. But we will see. Each of these teams have weaknesses german is that back 4. Yes the walked around the USA but only scored from decent strike. Sorry they are very beatable the Dutch have a powerful strike force but I wouldn't be afraid of there mid field a aging player is the best midfielder. Also there defense is suspect as well. Probably we will get a brasil vs a euro team in the final but it wouldn't shock me at all if neither happens. This is a cup competition remember Liverpool, Chelsea, sometime the best team dosent win.

Stocar

I rate Chile more than I do Colombia and Brazil have knocked them out, so I don't see Colombia beating Brazil.
Yeah, Chile is better than Colombia.

Colombia seems very clinical upfront though, so there's hope.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Chile can play great against Spain and Germany and its their merit

when they play good against us we are dire, trash, Brazil sucks

Football isn't easy.. If it was, England would get out of group stage

fontaine

Germany and Holland are both much better teams so hopefully we'll be spared of them actually winning it.
they looked worse than us against Chile

people were putting Chile as favorites

now that we knock them off, we suck? Weren't they favorites?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The moaning about decisions is a bit much. If they were going to be given a decision the Hulk goal was the time to do it. They've been lucky but so what? It happens.

Fenomeno9

The amount of Brazil hate here is laughable.
I actually don't mind the hate cause some players we have aren't really likable. I understand that but if you hate us because of a myth aka Jogo bonito then I question if you watch Brazil soccer in the last 30 years.

Jacob

I was backing Brazil, partly because I want it for their people, also because I'm doing a work placement in Rio in half a year :p

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Are the protests even in the media anymore? At least here in Austria anything negative surrounding the World Cup has pretty much disappeared the day the WC started. Is it just being kept under the rugs or have the big protests genuinly diminished?
It's not totally disappeared, still a few rumblings but everything's under control..my post was just pure hyperbole

kiwired

Personally I thought Brazil deserved to go through despite being a really terrible team. Whatever about red cards they might have had, their disallowed goal was at least debateable. Had more chances through the game too and looked the most interested in pushing for the win in extra time.
I'm not a Brazil fan at all but I have to agree with this. In extra time it was obvious Chile were more interested in it going to penalties.

Get In Scholesy

As a Brasil fan, i'm a bit embarrassed with that performance. Chile were the better team but I don't know if I can say they 'deserved' to go threw. They could have won that game in 90 minutes and again in extra time. But as time went on, they became bigger cowards, started playing defensive football and began to slow down the game. I think their historic shortcomings against A Seleção began to creep into their psyche. All in all it wasn't a performance I was proud of, but off to the final 8.

That said, changes need to be made by Scolari.

Fully Fledged

they looked worse than us against Chile

people were putting Chile as favorites

now that we knock them off, we suck? Weren't they favorites?
I don't think so. Chile have never beaten Brazil on Brazilian soil. Brazil were by far the favourites as far as I know.

It was a close game that either team could have won. I really enjoyed the match.

Fenomeno9

I'm not really embarrass by the performance. While Chile control the midfield, I didn't feel they threaten us much. We had the better chances overall. Our two problems right now which has been a persistent problem for 2 years is we can't transition from defense to attack and we have useless players that need to be dropped.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Chile can play great against Spain and Germany and its their merit

when they play good against us we are dire, trash, Brazil sucks

Football isn't easy.. If it was, England would get out of group stage
Don't know why you're having a dig at England. If England had Brazil's group, they'd have also made it out of the group.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
As a Brasil fan, i'm a bit embarrassed with that performance. Chile were the better team but I don't know if I can say they 'deserved' to go threw. They could have won that game in 90 minutes and again in extra time. But as time went on, they became bigger cowards, started playing defensive football and began to slow down the game. I think their historic shortcomings against A Seleção began to creep into their psyche. All in all it wasn't a performance I was proud of, but off to the final 8.

That said, changes need to be made by Scolari.
Not sure if you could call the chilean cowards after a match like that... We were playing to keep ball posession, and both sides had a few clear chances, but luck was on the yellow side today, and that was the only thing that got you thru... Luck

Reactions: Eboue

Spoony

The People's President
Who has said that Brazil are a great team ? , they are average at most, mark Neymar out if the game and they are very beatable.
Yeah 86. How do Brazilians feel about the national team not playing like...well...Brazil? I suspect a lot of it is down to Brazilians playing in Europe, but that wouldn't explain Brazil 90. Anyway, there's no excuse for the likes of Jo, Fred and Hulk playing in the Yellow Shirt.

fontaine

Not sure if you could call the chilean cowards after a match like that... We were playing to keep
ball posession, and both sides had a few clear chances, but luck was on the yellow side today, and that was the only thing that got you thru...
Luck
Yeah getting a goal from throw-in blunder isnt luck

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Don't know why you're having a dig at England. If England had Brazil's group, they'd have also made it out of the group.
No they wouldn't. England are shit. Look at our form over the last 10 matches.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The tournament wont miss Chile, but it would have been a huge gap if Brazil had gone out. Its also for the global economy that Brazil won. I don't support Brazil but for these reasons I hope they can stay in til at least the semi finals.

However, kits now clearly evident that without Neymar this is a very average team. The forwards like Fred, Jo & Hulk are pathetic and there are no midfield pass masters like yesteryear.

There days are seriously numbered and if they cross the likes of Germany, Holland or even Argentina, I think they will get embarrassed.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
This Brazil team isn't a great team. But they're strong mentally. Sometimes it's enough.

Oscar needs to be given less defensive duties. He's unable to make an impact because of his extra workload.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
How has Brazil's performance been any different from Argentina who are just as reliant on one player?

Señor

No they wouldn't. England are shit. Look at our form over the last 10 matches.
I'm sure we would've beaten Croatia and Cameroon. Not so sure about Mexico though but I'd certainly be confident we'd have gone through.

Brazil are shit too. They're just less shit than England and a large part of that is down to the manager and the fact that Brazil have a in form Neymar.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Btw, it's too soon to draw any conclusions from Brazil so far. Spain didn't have a single convincing performance in 2010 either.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure we would've beaten Croatia and Cameroon. Not so sure about Mexico though but I'd certainly be confident we'd have gone through.

Brazil are shit too. They're just less shit than England and a large part of that is down to the manager.
Give it a rest. They won the Confederations Cup last year. They clearly aren't shit.

And there's no evidence to so suggest we would have beaten Croatia.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I actually don't mind the hate cause some players we have aren't really likable. I understand that but if you hate us because of a myth aka Jogo bonito then I question if you watch Brazil soccer in the last 30 years.
There're cnuts in every team.. They don't have a lot of flair now, but so does most teams now. The game has become a tactical battle between coaches. Infact Chile wanted the game to go to penalty in last 30mins. Brazil are not sexy, same can be said about every other team now (including Holland/France which guys love here).

Señor

Give it a rest. They won the Confederations Cup last year. They clearly aren't shit.

And there's no evidence to so suggest we would have beaten Croatia.
Yeah, okay mate. Brazil are amazing, England are shite.

Banana007

Game had everything

Really enjoyable.

Good for the tournament Brazil go through.

Lyricist

Yeah getting a goal from throw-in blunder isnt luck
Not sure scoring through an own goal from a corner is any better.

It was an open game and could've gone either way. Both teams had their strong periods. While Brazil had the clearer chances I wouldn't say they played better. Chile could've also definitely nicked it with Pinilla's shot at the very end.

Mali_Zeus

Really ok. Ghana was all over them in the second half. If the had some sense they would have won that game. But we will see. Each of these teams have weaknesses german is that back 4. Yes the walked around the USA but only scored from decent strike. Sorry they are very beatable the Dutch have a powerful strike force but I wouldn't be afraid of there mid field a aging player is the best midfielder. Also there defense is suspect as well. Probably we will get a brasil vs a euro team in the final but it wouldn't shock me at all if neither happens. This is a cup competition remember Liverpool, Chelsea, sometime the best team dosent win.
Well Germany hasnt impressed me, that's true. Germany has France in the quarters if they both go through and winner goes vs Brasil. Argentina could meet Netherlands in the other semifinal. 2 tasty finals could come true, Netherlands vs Germany and Brasil vs Argentina. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.