g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 18: Russia-Spain, Croatia-Denmark

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Godin gets to camp in his box with loads of teammates around him for club and country. How is he playing in systems less flattering to defenders?
So, it again boils down to how you play. Possession style, more attacking - Ramos. Sit a bit deeper, attack on the counter would pick Godin every time. It is not just down to the system, he is a fantastic defender.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@harms does Putin go to sporting events?
Sometimes, but he isn't a football guy. He was at the opening game, but I suppose that he doesn't like the odds in this one and doesn't want to be seen at a loss (potentially an embarrassing one).

He prefers hockey (he even plays) and traditional Olympics (yes, I know that football is an Olympic sport)

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Isco is great technically, but he slows the rythm a lot in a team that already has problems in that regard.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good try from Golovin.

Would like Russia to score 1 so we have a more interesting match.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We are getting sleepy with our own play. We have to go for the second

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Isco is great technically, but he slows the rythm a lot in a team that already has problems in that regard.
Probably why they are better off not fielding both him and Iniesta.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ramos Salah-ing Dzyuba’s arm and the ork just moving him gently away :lol:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
feck Spain and their shit football. Reminds me of United during the Van Gaal era. Disgraceful stuff.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is how you make football boring. Feck this possession and tiki taka crap.
They could have punished Russia before when they won the ball on the edge of their own box. A quick break and the Russians were stranded. Instead they decided to just pass it about. I want Spain to do well, but you wonder if Spanish fans actually enjoy this stuff.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
A freaking lucky corner killed this game. Come on Russia!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
but on the other hand, we are winning, they don´t press, why should we give them what they want for a counter

manpaslop

I blame the russians for the boredome. They are the lossing side and still parking the bus.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sometimes, but he isn't a football guy. He was at the opening game, but I suppose that he doesn't like the odds in this one and doesn't want to be seen at a loss (potentially an embarrassing one).

He prefers hockey (he even plays) and traditional Olympics (yes, I know that football is an Olympic sport)
Thanks, I seemed to remember him at an hockey game but wasn't sure.

Jazz

Russia doing better now

el3mel

They could have punished Russia before when they won the ball on the edge of their own box. A quick break and the Russians were stranded. Instead they decided to just pass it about. I want Spain to do well, but you wonder if Spanish fans actually enjoy this stuff.
Spain NT always represented Tiki Taka at its worst and most unwatchable state. Barca is fun, but Spain NT is just just boring, very efficient though I can't complain so they always play this way.

Javi

Costa evidently has the order to push back the defence but what Isco, Asensio and Silva are doing is about as harmless as it gets. No tempo, hardly any take ons, lazy movement ... I mean come on.

Jazz

Penalty!