Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

There’s only about 3 million of us, and some of those don’t even follow the football. Manchester has a larger population for comparison.
and many don’t want to admit they are welsh… :D (Joke).

as an Englishman (who lived in Wales), I’ll cheer them on - although I couldn’t cope if they went and won it!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont know what it is but I underrated Switzerland every year. Always predict them to flop and they always do OK and are the same solid team. We'll see if I'm right this year :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I dont know what it is but I underrated Switzerland every year. Always predict them to flop and they always do OK and are the same solid team. We'll see if I'm right this year :lol:
They are a strange team. Nearly always qualify and nearly always same tough to beat solid team at every tournament. Never get beyond last 16 or quarters

Hanks

Didn't Baku say they can have 50% capacity?

The stadium looks empty. Max 7-8 k....just lack of interest among the locals ?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wales really don't have a "pump up" national anthem do they...
You've obviously never watched the six nations before. :lol:

Wales got about 200 fans here, it's an amazing listen when 30k are belting it out in Cardiff (or 70k at Millenium for the rugby).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I absolutely love Gareth Bale. One of my favorite players of the last decade.

A player that would be appreciated more if he played for a different team than Real Madrid who hardly value C Ronaldo.

bosnian_red

Such a random host location, who is going to fly out to Azerbaijan

joedirt87

wasnt Embolo getting hyped up back in 2018? vaguely remember that name getting linked to a bunch of big clubs.

TheLittleOne

They are a strange team. Nearly always qualify and nearly always same tough to beat solid team at every tournament. Never get beyond last 16 or quarters
Have to agree. we usually hold well onto a 0:0 even under great pressure most of the times but we are always good for a slapstick goal against us. we are solid but there is no world class quality players, our strength was always the collective which is often times not enough at the end. I predict Shaqiri to play bad overall but score a wonder goal somehow.

Edit: thank you Penna, sorry for my comment towards you <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Was same for the europa league final wasn't it between Arsenal-Chelsea....loads of empty seats that night and just didn't have feel of a major european final.

bosnian_red

You've obviously never watched the six nations before. :lol:

Wales got about 200 fans here, it's an amazing listen when 30k are belting it out in Cardiff (or 70k at Millenium for the rugby).
Nope can't say that I do! More just compared it to Turkey and Italy yesterday which is hard to beat tbf.

peridigm

ESPN have the worst commentary of any network ever in the history of sport.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
wasnt Embolo getting hyped up back in 2018? vaguely remember that name getting linked to a bunch of big clubs.
Pretty sure he turned us down for his career progression :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Spider cam's shadow is so annoying. Once you see it you'll automatically follow it for the rest of the game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nope can't say that I do! More just compared it to Turkey and Italy yesterday which is hard to beat tbf.
Ah yeah didn't see the location in your profile. Or Bosnian roots.

Always happy to give quick education:

bosnian_red

With the best 4 3rd placed finishers, basically you just need 1 win to qualify. Maybe 4 points at worst. A win in game 1 basically gets you in though unless you throw it away completely.

TheReligion

Abusive

Such a random host location, who is going to fly out to Azerbaijan
Was same for the europa league final wasn't it between Arsenal-Chelsea....loads of empty seats that night and just didn't have feel of a major european final.
Shouldn't be held here. The locals aren't arsed so why bother.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mbabu impressed me quite a bit when I've watched Wolfsburg last two seasons. Surprised he's on their right as he's a very good LWB. Rodriguez was massively rated a few years ago but his career has really stalled in recent times.

Mbabu failed at Newcastle but he'd be a really pick up for many prem clubs imo.

Pattern of this game really will be a header being scored from a cross I suspect so think it will be case of who defends better.

Lyricist

Why on earth did Puma create these template kits? So stupid that so many nations share them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
With the best 4 3rd placed finishers, basically you just need 1 win to qualify. Maybe 4 points at worst. A win in game 1 basically gets you in though unless you throw it away completely.
I hate this new setup, makes the group stage even less high-stakes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dan James playing well....nice cross and Moore has header tipped over.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm watching this in '4k' via the BBC iplayer app. I use quotes because it looks no better than 1080p, to me. And don't even start me on the 'HDR'. I don't know what difference that is supposed to make but it doesn't do shit.

Hanks

o wow, the one that Mkhytarian didn't even deem safe to travel...and that was before the war last year.

Just read on Twitter they've sold a hell lot more tickets for the games Turkey has there for the next 2 matches. Will essentially be a home game for the Turks.

over 30k fans expected for those matches